The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

Shine! wrote:
Rider0fLightning wrote:
Saikyoshi wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:
So i've been experimenting with Ichigo lately

And i've found that when versing Jigglypuff, you can deny any aerial she tries with a reasonably timed grounded U-spec. The only way for Jigglypuff to get an aerial is to be under Ichigo or when Ichigo isn't using the move.

So in other words, he's a hard-counter to her. That's kind of what I was expecting.

He counters pretty much all characters with a poor range. Up tilt is really good for this as well. Up special does tend to have a bit of lag if you whiff it, so it can be punished.

Ichigo does outrange the majority of the cast, but I would never say he counters all characters he can outrange. His size, recovery, and overall laggy moveset can still be used against him. He may outrange jigglypuff, but she still has enough air mobility against Ichigo's laggy attacks to weave in and out of Ichigo's hitboxes. Sneak in a BAir into a wall of pain. Even if you don't touch the blast line. Ichigo's side-spec is very limited and you'll more then likely lose that stock.

I mean, look at Donkey Kong. He has basically the same range as Ichigo on his attacks and can outrange the majority of the cast, but people still know how to play around him and no one ever says he hard checks anything. \(•-•)/

The difference between Donkey Kong and Ichigo is that Ichigo's hitboxes are disjointed. They usually have a large amount of priority too, so attacks going through your own won't happen often, if at all. The greatest threat to Ichigo is theoretically Marth, since he could outrange U-tilt and U-Special with F-Smash. Ichigo's best neutral game moves are jab combo, u-tilt, all his aerials, dash attack and d-tilt. U-special is best for punishing, either out of shield or just whenever your opponent commits to something you read. His down throw is the best tech chase, along with Instant D-Special. All other moves are pretty situational. Throwing out an F-Smash for example is really risky, even when you've got the momentum. Just stacking on Another 50% to guarantee the kill using a weaker move is probably the better option.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 am

MGN Username: sparty88
Things lamer than blur spammers online (who also taunt) with sub par connectivity? Go.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 pm

FlameUser64 wrote:
That stupid SideB of Ichigo's is literally equivalent to Sonic's old Light Dash. So if Sonic can't have his Light Dash, why can Ichigo have this nonsense?

I feel like Ichigo's SideB has more knockback than Sonic's old Light Dash, with more priority so that he's not as vulnerable to projectiles.

I don't really understand the change to Sonic's Light Dash either, though...

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:15 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Ichigo's side-b isn't the main issue. His flash step as a whole is just stupid.

In online mode (which tends to have a lot of delay compared to local play), he basically gets to do whatever he wants with his dash attack, down tilt, and-- yes- side-b. The invincibility he gets from the flash step solves a lot of the issues he has with slow attacks, and the range of the attacks also makes him more powerful.

He's basically a noob-killer, but he's also strong regardless.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:27 pm

sparty88 wrote:
Things lamer than blur spammers online (who also taunt) with sub par connectivity? Go.

People who spam Link's Boomerang?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:53 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
DrunkenRockman wrote:

In online mode (which tends to have a lot of delay compared to local play), he basically gets to do whatever he wants with his dash attack, down tilt, and-- yes- side-b. The invincibility he gets from the flash step solves a lot of the issues he has with slow attacks, and the range of the attacks also makes him more powerful.

It's only a couple frame difference for me lol.

I do think it's kinda stuipid that it has a hitbox during startup though, plus the invincibility doesn't help ether. At this point, he's more than just a noob killing character. He's an annoyance to deal with any more, and I just don't have fun against him.

Last edited by gEmssbguy13 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
DrunkenRockman wrote:

Thank youuuuu. This flash step stuff is bullarky. Invincibility for doing something as basic as a midair jump is dumb.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
DrunkenRockman wrote:

Sounds like Ichigo is the "Snake" of SSF2.

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:25 pm

I smell butthurt
Ichigo's flashstep is a nice aesthetic, and it gives nice range to his dash attack and forward air.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:48 pm
BR Member

I feel like ichigo's flash step moves really dont need a hitbox during the flash step leading up to the actual attack. Personally it would make the character a little more interesting for me, because i would have to be a little bit more precise for those attacks to land.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:40 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
I feel like ichigo's flash step moves really dont need a hitbox during the flash step leading up to the actual attack. Personally it would make the character a little more interesting for me, because i would have to be a little bit more precise for those attacks to land.

This would be a perfect change.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Yellokirbyguy wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:

Sounds like Ichigo is the "Snake" of SSF2.

I'd say he's worse at this point.

Ugh, I hate Ichigo at this point. Makes v0.9a Sonic look easy.

Since Ichigo has no real flaws it's easy for him to get around characters. It honestly seems to me like he doesn't even need to try to win. Sideb, upb, dash attack, and utilt are basically his main tools. No other moves, just those. Those moves needs nerfs, badly. His character is also a problem. He basically has the priority of Meta Knight, the range of Melee's Marth, the speed and annoyance of Snake, and being a mid-sized target for a heavyweight. Not to mention the shield-stun his attacks cause don't help ether.

He also has no real explotable flaws against other characters which is annoying. I'm mean he seems to have some kind of advantage over every character. I'll list some stuff to show you what I mean:

Fast Fallers - They can't even react if hit, utilt > sideb juggled.
IF they do, you can just side b a few times to run down they're shield. Then they're vulnerable. If they jump away, just follow them. They can't stay in the air forever.

Floaties - While they do have great air games, Ichigo forces you to play on the ground most of the time because of utilt pressure. You can try and hit him out by SHFF an aerial outta shield, but by that time, he's probably commited to something else and utilting you again.
The only notable floaty who's worth mentioning is Kirby. Because of his Final Cutter and Inhale, he can usually shut down sideb spams. Though being out ranged and prioritized is a problem.

Projectile users - To put it simple, once you get hit, your gonna get hit more. You can't even regroup most of the time to go throwing projectiles again, it can leave most people confused. Most high priority projectiles can get through Ichigo, but you gotta stay on his butt afterwards. Slip up, and he'll probably go back to spamming or something.

Small characters - Most characters have short range, this is no exception if not worse. Characters like Mario and Jigglypuff lack ways to deal with Ichigo due to not having any reliable ways to reach him. The only notable advantage is by being smaller, their shields hold up longer. So while they can take spams and pressure, they can't do anything otherwise but hope they land something. Only character worth mentioning is Chibi-Robo due to his grab..... AND TOOTH BRUSH. Yes, most definitely the Tooth Brush....

Large characters - The larger the character, the more range they're most likely to have. Characters like Donkey Kong and Yoshi are blessed with this. Both these characters even have speed and combo's. So what's bad? Well, remember when I was talking about the smaller characters and how their shields hold up because of they're size?
Yeah, I think you get where this is going.

Pressure characters - Ichigo himself is one of these, though he does hold an advantage none of the others do.
range

Something needs done by now.....

Last edited by gEmssbguy13 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 pm
BR Member

along with the flash step idea (which would be a pretty good nerf for dash attack/side b) that up b windbox has like no reason for even being there. Utilt is pretty damn good but i havent had to much of a problem with it, maybe have slightly more end lag idk.
With no hitbox on flash step side b juggles/spamming wont really be a thing anymore as you will be actually forced to space the move inorder to hit with it as opposed to being like LAWL GOML sliding across the bottom of yoshi's story the entire match.

Even with nerds like that i can still see ichigo being high tier or even top tier, but there's no reason why he cant be not broken. He can become a less braindead character with just a few tweaks here and there

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:26 am

El_Tizón wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

People who spam Link's Boomerang?

Not the same. Link is incredibly easy to approach dropping in from the sky or laterally through aerials.

reddwulf wrote:
I smell butthurt
Ichigo's flashstep is a nice aesthetic, and it gives nice range to his dash attack and forward air.

I agree, I like the aesthetics of it. His flash-step makes him the unique character that he his. He just shouldn't have a quicker release speed on the next attack after an opponent blocks his moves. Especially with the amount of power he has. It's like Ike from brawl on...on cocaine.

Then again, I do have to admit he is much easier to face offline. The small amount of lag online is just making him seem much more OP than he is.

MGID:slaypes
Clan: Fort Albert

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:02 am

I think Ichigo needs to be able to get hit out of Flash Step. He's completely invincible when moving through the moves. He's simply moving fast, not teleporting. Or make the Flash Step attacks much easier to punish on whiff.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 am
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next