The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Bomberman 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Can we get more mobility though? It's pretty much a barrier that keeps bbm from being quite good imo

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:23 am

Waifu: Wii Fit Trainer! ;)
New Tech discovered!

It's quite useless, but it might be good to know: Bomberman's new side special is now chargeable on the ground, but somehow, you can also charge it in the air... To do so, you just need to edge cancel his side special and you will end up falling while charging.
I don't know for instance what exactly is the functionality of this tech, but I believe you can use it for some kind of edge guarding or stylish kill.

Attachments:
Bmans tech 2.png
Bmans tech 2.png [ 20.15 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]
Bmans tech.png
Bmans tech.png [ 25.07 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
Jan_Solo wrote:
Can we get more mobility though? It's pretty much a barrier that keeps bbm from being quite good imo

Literally nothing about his mobility was touched except for his air speed, guys still fast af on the ground with dash cancels

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 am

MGN Username: ButterMosaic
Why is it that every time Bomberman uses his up-b to recover, the momentum of his air speed slows down?
I get that his recovery has it's flaws, but that doesn't give it the right to be inconsistent.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Shamelessly advertising my newest Bomberman combo video! Or just an excuse to make this character forum relevant again.
YouTube Video:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:16 pm

MGN Username: MegucoRepi
I wish bomberman had more of his voice from his games in his attacks, taunts included! If you search for Bomberman 64 voice clips you can find a lot of high quality audios to use.

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:51 pm

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
So i've been noticing about his P-Bombs' insane knockback growth, decided to make a list of the earliest damage you can kill characters with 1 single P-Bomb (normal and medium sized bombs don't kill up until like 200% or more due to their heavily reduced growth compared to a P-Bomb, that also means small bombs are better for starting combos or punishes at any moment and distance)
the kill% will include with, and without DI (of course the higher percentage kill is with DI)
I also organized it in lowest-to-highest percentage kills
single P-Bomb death percentage and other observations: show
:jigglypuff: 51% - 54%
:gameandwatch: 59% - 62% (can bucket explosions)
:kirby: 59% - 63% (DownB obviously makes kirby immune)
:bandanadee: 60% - 64%
:zelda: 60% - 64% (NeutralB CAN reflect bombs, but only mid-air, does not protect from explosions)
:luigi: 64 - 68%
Pichu 65% - 69%
:peach: 67 - 72% (NeutralB can counter the bombs)
:pikachu: 68% - 72%
:metaknight: 68% - 73%
:pacman: 68% - 73% (can be saved by UpB if doing so right before an explosion or when touching the trampoline during knockback, items are deflected by bombs, bombs unaffected by the hydrant water)
:samus: 70% - 74%
:zerosuitsamus: 71% - 75%
:naruto: 71% - 75%
:blackmage: 71% - 75% (NeutralB does not reflect or stop bombs)
:sora: 71 - 76%
:marth: 72% - 77% (can NOT counter bombs)
:tails: 73% - 78%
:ness: 73% - 78% (can absorb the explosions, FSmash reflects bombs only when in air, but not on ground)
:lloyd: 74% - 78%
:isaac: 74% - 79%
:chibirobo: 74% - 79% (can "pick up" the explosion, granting Chibi a few invincibility frames, cannot throw it back though)
:pit: 76% - 80% (SideB super armor if mid-air, cannot reflect bombs)
:mario: 80 - 85% (Cape does not reflect nor deflect bombs)
:sonic: 81% - 86%
:sheik: 81% - 86% (UpB gives intangibility frames right before vanishing)
:luffy: 83% - 88% (DownB super armor bypassed at 0%)
:sandbag: 83% - 88%
:megaman: 84% - 89% (P-Bombs bypasses UpB super-armor at 0%)
:wario: 85% - 89%
:fox: 85% - 90% (Reflector does not reflect anymore nor prevents damage)
:bowser: 86% - 91%
:link: 87% - 92%
:goku: 87% - 92% (about the same in his Kaio-Ken form)
:bomberman: 87% - 92% (SideB CAN reflect bombs if they're kicked mid-air, but not on ground)
:falco: 89% - 94% (same case as Fox)
:captainfalcon: 90% - 95%
:ichigo: 90% - 95% (SideB gives intangibility except on where he's stopping)
:yoshi: 90% - 95% (around 230% if air-jumping)
:donkeykong: 97% - 102%
basically the average to kill most characters with one single P-Bomb is about 77% (mathematically speaking, since it was done by summing all the max damages and dividing by the amount of current characters in the roster)

i probably missed a thing or two so tell me if you notice anything else with those characters lol

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 am

His bombs can now be reflected, but only when they're being thrown or kicked, not when staying still

An aerial bomb kick can quickly get rid of this issue for Bomberman, thankfully.
Also it'll always go behind Bomberman if he successfully re-reflects the bomb

Edit: will soon update the list on the kill% for the P Bombs in this post
Edit again: Actually, it may take a little while, because for some reason i decided to also check out how much earlier or later it can kill in different arenas and on platforms

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:09 am

I remember when Bomberman's bombs had traditional damaging hitboxes that could be reflected even if they were set on the ground (but you could still use aerial side-b to reflect them back). But as a trade-off, he could rack a lot of damage if you stacked a bunch of bombs and kicked them into opponents. You could do up to 30% of each kick, it was crazy.
But that being said, aerial side-b reflect has been a thing since .9b. So little people know about and it kinda saddens me.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:47 pm

While testing the kill% for his P-Bomb in different arenas and in platforms (because my brain decided it would be a great idea, and this is probably going to take forever lol) i discovered that if you hold the jump button and tap B (or release B while pressing and holding onto the Jump button), Bomberman will just stand in place and squint.
You can still aim whether should he throw the bomb forward, upwards or lay it onto the floor by releasing the jump button or pressing up/down
Holding B again stops that and makes him continue the jump

If you jump while sliding off the ledge and do this... "tech".. it becomes the funniest thing i have ever seen this entire day
Make sure to hold B again to make him jump and THEN you throw the bomb so you don't SD with this (he gets to keep his air jump too)
(oh, and also hold onto the jump button too when holding B so he doesn't shorthop in the air)

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
CraftGMC wrote:
If you jump while sliding off the ledge and do this... "tech".. it becomes the funniest thing i have ever seen this entire day
[ Image ]

"Don't ever think about coming back to the ledge for my daughter, my daughter's daughter, and my daughter's daughter's daugter ever again."

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Last edited by Gudako's Insanity on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 pm

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
^^
"Which makes this daily discovering a lamentable waste of time, but what a ton of references these stuff are COMING AROUNNND!!!!"

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:12 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
CraftGMC wrote:

This was my "taunt" 3 years ago when I used to play BBM.

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Alright, time for a BIG dump of information
This took forever but it was all in the name of data and research, you can call me a madman if you wish.

Anyways...
Here is the list of the kill% of a single P-Bomb for Bomberman against every character in most tournament-legal stages (at least that i'm aware of)

The arenas and characters will be listed in the lowest-to-highest kill percentages, and if you don't feel like being ultra precise with numbers, you can always go for the last arena's kill percentages and stick with it, or even pick Donkey Kong's KO percentages and apply it to every character.

If an arena has platforms, they will also be listed in the kill percentage (highest platforms = lowest KO %, lowest "platform" aka the arena ground = Highest KO %)
Except for Dracula's Castle, because dear god the platforms have too many patterns to make the text even make sense.
Oh, also, Castle Siege's slope is sorta included by having 2 different numbers for the "ground level" KO percentage. and Tower of Salvation's platforms move up and down slowly, so the KO percentage is told as being like "between X and Y"

Also, all of this was done with DI, which means that the numbers shown are percentages where a KO is guaranteed

Bomb KO Percentages: show
Mouse over the other arena names to get the KO percentages.
:jigglypuff: 41 to 48 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:gameandwatch: 48 or 56 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:kirby: 49 or 56 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:zelda: 49 or 57 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:bandanadee: 50 or 57 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:luigi: 52 or 60 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

• :pichu: 55 or 62 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:peach: 56 or 64 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:pikachu: 57 or 65 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:pacman: 57 or 65 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:metaknight: 58 or 65 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:rayman: 58 or 66 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:samus: 57 or 66 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:blackmage: 59 or 67 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:zerosuitsamus: 60 or 68 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:naruto: 61 or 68 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:sora: 60 or 68 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:marth: 61 or 69 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:ness: 62 or 70 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:tails: 63 or 70 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:lloyd: 63 or 71 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:isaac: 62 or 71 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:chibirobo: 64 or 72 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:pit: 65 or 73 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:krystal: 68 or 76 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:yoshi: 67 or 76 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.
Mid-air jump's heavy armor grants an additional ~133% to get KO'd.

:mario: 69 or 77 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

• :lucario: 69 or 78 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:sonic: 70 or 78 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:sheik: 70 or 78 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

• :waluigi: 70 or 78 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:luffy: 71 or 80 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:sandbag: 71 or 80 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:megaman: 72 or 81 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:wario: 73 or 81 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:simon: 73 or 82 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:fox: 75 or 83 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:bowser: 73 or 82 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:goku: 75 or 83 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:link: 75 or 84 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:bomberman: 76 or 84 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:falco: 79 or 87 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

• :ryu: 78 or 87 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:captainfalcon: 77 or 87 in Pokemon Colosseum[; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:ichigo: 79 or 88 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.

:donkeykong: 84 or 93 in Pokemon Colosseum; Yoshi's Story; Smashville; Final Destination; Tower of Salvation; Battlefield; Castle Siege; Waiting Room; Dream Land.
Being hit while charging NeutralB reduces the kill percentage by ~30%

Things i've noticed with this research:
- Heavyweights (other than DK, as he is also a fastfaller) get KO'd earlier than normal on platforms and small arenas, but live longer than fastfallers when at the arena floor or on stages with larger blast zones
         - Krystal (and Chibi-Robo, to a lesser degree) however seems to be the opposite: She survives longer than other characters on smaller arenas and on platforms, but gets KO'd earlier on larger stages, making her survive at both higher and lower percentages than Yoshi depending on the stage

- Speaking of, yoshi could previously survive up to 95% in Waiting Room (the arena i used for the first KO percentages list), the 1.2 update reduced his gravity and now he gets KO'd around 10% earlier

Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:55 pm

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
CraftGMC wrote:
you can call me a madman if you wish.

You're just like a non-profit worker who takes advantage, besides working, his free time around. Which is a very strong help for the company itself.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:46 pm
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next