The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:59 pm

[ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next
Super Smash Brothers Crusade: !!!0.9.1 RELEASED!!! 

Currently Playing: MELEE!!!!!!!!
he is indeed really fast for his weight, but he is REALLY BIG, falcon and fox can own him in any way they want. Just look at that, i killed ridley in 26% with an Uair > Knee XD

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:25 pm

MGN Username: Equinox
Currently Playing: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
So, small characters that are agile and fast with combos can own Ridley?
Actually, all big characters in general?

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Big Characters are fast tanks but they can be comboed easily.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Will the AI spam the shield in 0.8?
When I fight them, I have a hard time attacking them.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 pm

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
Somehow I knew when the postcount in here went from 79 to 87 it had something to do with an argument. But I'll answer other posts before commenting on that.
Quote:
Well since it feels like this video was only previewed on MG forums, it does feel like the SSF2 fans (not the devs) do have some things to neg about it (In my opinion).

But from what i see:
-Ridley's final smash [hitbox] is too weak
-Ridley's moves are distanced and hes absolutely slow. His general [hitbox] is too big
-Ridley's combogame feels too weak... Like it doesn't look like he can combo

These are just my opinions. Correct me if im wrong

It was also put up on the Smashboards thread, the Crusade forums, and our Facebook page, so it wasn't only put here.

-If you read the description, it distinctly stated that there was still some balancing to do for Ridley, specifically his Final Smash's impaler hitbox (same thing as DK's S-Special) not doing enough hitstun.
-Ridley was built to be a spacing monster, lol. He has a lot of good disjoints and has ways to keep his opponents at bay, but he actually can get some combos in.
-Mind you that was one of the first times I played as Ridley, lol. I'm terrible with him.

Quote:
So...is Zelda in yet. I've seen nor heard anything. ;~;

Still waiting on sprites, tbh. At the moment, basically all of our spriters are working on newcomers save for AEM who's doing Dedede. I'll definitely put some of the vets with no (good) sprites up on the priority list though.

Now on the topic of the "argument":
Quote:
Okay, um don't blame the community. It's your choice in general to post here, and if you don't like the community, nobody is forcing you to. Now, I don't have the slightest problem with Crusade. I actually think it's quite nice, but when you start blaming a community that has nothing to do with it, you start to frustrate people.

I'm sure if we posted SSF2 on your crusade forum, we'd get the same effect. But we don't.

We're not "blaming the community". We're just a bit irked at how our videos spontaneously get dislikes and very bad comments whenever they're posted here. Geno himself actually tried to clear things up on the Ridley preview.
Quote:
I know it's not the the devs but it's mostly the fans of the game trust me I've seen alot s*** talking when it comes to both games no one really doesn't know how just enjoy games with comparing them smh

What I don't get is how us devs can all be on such good terms and enjoy what both games have to offer, while both games' fanbases can be so hostile to one another.
To be completely honest, after your 0.8 demo came out, our chatbox was entirely "OOH I got 5.86 as Lloyd in BtT" and "Who do you think is going to be top of the tier list" and other things like that. We only got back to "business as usual" around yesterday. Our community and our developers have the full capacity to enjoy both games, and we do. Felipe's been challenging you guys with Break the Targets, and it's been a lot of fun, friendly competition between him, Tid, and others who do BtT. I've made like 4 combo videos out of 0.8 so far for a variety of characters as well, and recently got accepted into your BR after making a massive Yoshi guide, among other things.
And something I'd like to note here is that this isn't the SSF2 forums. This is the McLeodGaming forums, which happens to have an SSF2 section. I personally try never to mention Crusade in that section, and Felipe doesn't make mentions of it either.

Quote:
Well alright, but don't ignore the rest of my post, and don't speak for the community. Last I checked, both communities were hostile, and we all know that. That doesn't make either developing team full of bad people, though.

You just have to realize that by making a topic on what your community perceives to be as the 'competitions' ground, you're going to have to expect those fanboys. Don't get mad, and defile the name of a forum over something that should have been thought out before it was started. You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

As I stated above, the Crusade community isn't actually hostile to SSF2's community. It's only when a bunch of random users come by and post total crap about how Crusade is a cheap knock-off and SSF2 will always be better that the Crusade community fights back and everything burns up. As far as I'm aware, no member of the Crusade community has come over to MG and (purposefully) started a big flame war about how one is better than the other. This may have happened in the past, but not in the year that I've been around. Whenever I see this start to happen, I make sure to go over and shut them up because the Crusade community listens to me very well. However, people from the SSF2 community doing this is actually a common occurrence on our videos and our thread on Smashboards.

One of the reasons I made this thread in the first place was to try and expand our community and get people to stop being so biased. Not by stealing members or anything like that, but by showing them that the game isn't some "terrible copy" of SSF2. As you can see from some of the posts in this thread, there are actually some people who are excited for our next demo, and they probably wouldn't know about it if I hadn't made this thread. I also had a PM conversation with someone who decided to try out Crusade because there was a short discussion about it on the SSF2 general discussion thread (me making a quick review of your 0.8 demo and mentioning that I was a Crusade dev, then people were like "What's Crusade?" and others said "Another Super Smash Flash fangame", which obviously I had to correct) and they didn't know what it was before then.

Sorry for the long rant post, I had to make it somewhere. It just seriously irks me that the developers of both games can be on such good terms with each other while the communities are constantly bickering over nothing.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Oathkeeper wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:
Oathkeeper wrote:
Is Mewtwo going to be added in 0.8?
I only ask because his character slot was in the video.

I was using a dev version in which Mewtwo is still on the CSS. He won't be there in public demos until his new sprites are finished.

Also that video is getting a crapload of dislikes for some reason. Anyone have any ideas?

Probably because the characters in your 0.8 are liked and wanted in SSF2, but aren't.
As for the trailer for 0.8, same thing.
Online has a high chance of being in your 0.8, and SSF2 fans might be angry because Online might not even come in SSF2 1.0, even though it could have a chance.

Maybe ^this can answer why SSF2 fans are biased against Crusade.
Personally, I like Crusade for the characters that no one woud expect (Duck Hunt Dog).
I can list more, but I don't want to start another war over two games based from Brawl.
Everyone has their way of making a game, so it may not be what people want, but can still be fun either way.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Oathkeeper wrote:
Oathkeeper wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:
Oathkeeper wrote:
Is Mewtwo going to be added in 0.8?
I only ask because his character slot was in the video.

I was using a dev version in which Mewtwo is still on the CSS. He won't be there in public demos until his new sprites are finished.

Also that video is getting a crapload of dislikes for some reason. Anyone have any ideas?

Probably because the characters in your 0.8 are liked and wanted in SSF2, but aren't.
As for the trailer for 0.8, same thing.
Online has a high chance of being in your 0.8, and SSF2 fans might be angry because Online might not even come in SSF2 1.0, even though it could have a chance.

Maybe ^this can answer why SSF2 fans are biased against Crusade.
Personally, I like Crusade for the characters that no one woud expect (Duck Hunt Dog).
I can list more, but I don't want to start another war over two games based from Brawl.
Everyone has their way of making a game, so it may not be what people want, but can still be fun either way.

Our game is more based on 64 and melee xD

And btw, yeah, cpus are harder than ever, they can shield almost with frame perfection and Lvl 10 cpus L CANCELS ALL HIS AERIALS.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Looks like I have to start at level 1 CPUs...

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 pm

When you get used to l cancel everything will be easier (You can even buffer them if you hold shield and let it go in landing instead of rpessing shield when you land)

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Will there ever be Mac compatibility? I want to get my hands on this game.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Ramsey wrote:

There will be one, but we dont know when XDD

Wine seems to work ok for Crusade.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Ramsey wrote:

Still not sure about when, but it is most definitely on our list. For the time being, I believe people have mentioned a .exe emulator for Macs called Wine.

Dangit felipe. >.<

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Can't you export the GMK file to GM 8.0 mac and just export it like that?

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Michael M wrote:

Most definitely not to 8.0. One of the most common scripts was changed from GM version 7.0 to 8.0 (one of the sprite loading scripts) so if 8.0 was used the menu wouldn't even load.
*speaking from experience, lol*
We could probably get a mac version of 7.0 though. Just need to find someone with the money to invest in that.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Michael M wrote:

Most definitely not to 8.0. One of the most common scripts was changed from GM version 7.0 to 8.0 (one of the sprite loading scripts) so if 8.0 was used the menu wouldn't even load.
*speaking from experience, lol*
We could probably get a mac version of 7.0 though. Just need to find someone with the money to invest in that.

How much does it cost? Just asking.. 20 bucks?
Or same as the 8.0 price?

Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:07 pm
 [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next