The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
Bomberman 
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
I think bbm still has good features other than his bombs.
he has a lot of gimping tools even without them, good mobility and average/above average juggles.
also decent killing power.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:57 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Savy, eh? wrote:
It's because regardless of how good Bomberman is, bombs aren't fun to play against in their current state. They evoke a feeling of helplessness that doesn't pair well with the spirit of fighting games, especially not one that gives players as much control over their characters as does Smash. It's the same problem that Naruto's clones had in previous builds, and one of the primary reasons for which I assume they were changed to be destroyable.

Also, I'm pretty sure that solo Bomberman can win a tournament. A mid tier in this game is still a very strong character.

good. you should feel helpless if you let him set up more than one bomb at a time

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:28 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think the most difficult characters to face Bomberman with are those with poor approaches and no long-range projectiles. Characters like Wario, Ichigo, and Sora seem to have problems: wait to punish something and Bomberman will get free bombs, and approach and you'll still have problems dealing with Bomberman's close-range game. On the other hand, rushdown characters seem to wreck Bomberman, particularly Fox, Falcon, and Tails. Any tips on how to deal with Bomberman as one of the aforementioned characters?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think the most difficult characters to face Bomberman with are those with poor approaches and no long-range projectiles. Characters like Wario, Ichigo, and Sora seem to have problems: wait to punish something and Bomberman will get free bombs, and approach and you'll still have problems dealing with Bomberman's close-range game. On the other hand, rushdown characters seem to wreck Bomberman, particularly Fox, Falcon, and Tails. Any tips on how to deal with Bomberman as one of the aforementioned characters?

gimp them (fox and falcon particularly)
not hard to o with bomberman or most other characters tbh
edit: and honestly, bombs are still a problem for falcon. once they come out he's pretty much play the avoiding game until they go away. only slight advantage he would have in that situation is his speed so he can bait a detonation and dodge it quickly

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
...how are bombs any more of a problem for falcon than any other character? TBH Falcon along with sonic are probably the best characters to counter Bbm with in-terms of positioning & stage control. Like I said before bombs aren't necessarily threatening unless you're at kill% and Bombermans best attribute outside of that is his mobility.

...Btw? which one of his moves is good for gimping? although edge-guarding with Bair and Fair can be a thing, Bombermans offstage/edge-guarding game is mediocre.

@Code
the funny thing is... I use Bbm solely to counter Ichigo, Warios, Soras and Narutos lol... I feel that the victor of these MUs would be reliant on the players attentiveness, rather than actual strategy or even technical prowess.

GM

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
I never said they're more of a problem for him than any other character
I just said that they're still a problem for him (implying that they are an issue for him just like the rest of the character roster)
and then I mentioned why he'd have an edge over the bombs compared to other character (the speed/bait thing).
Sure they may not be that scary until kill % (like you stated), but taking useless damage from bombs before they can kill should still be avoided regardless.
........................................................................................................................................................ ... ... ... . elipses.zip

in terms of the gimping thing, the two aerials you stated are all he needs. he just has to hit the recovering character out of a double jump and then it's a smooth edge-guard from that point onward. he can continue hitting the recovering character away from the ledge, or he could go off the stage pretty seep and get another aerial (preferably B-Air because of the angle it sends people at) and till be able to recover back to the ledge.
other than that, if he gets a grab near the ledge, he can just forward throw because it knocks the other player decently far enough to put them in a crap situation (plus it can kill pretty early enough in that situation anyway).

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:25 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Just got my first honest to god (no sds, all 4 earned and the player didn't suck I was just playing well) 4 stock with BBM. Felt good. Gimped Tails' flight with a small bomb over edge for finish too. So beautiful :')

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:43 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
I find it extremely useful to bait out recoveries with his bombs while edgeguarding

Like if a Marth is about to recover low you could drop a bomb to force him to either upb early and eat a punish or getting hit by the bomb and restarting the situation.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:16 am

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
WRXJoey wrote:
I find it extremely useful to bait out recoveries with his bombs while edgeguarding

Like if a Marth is about to recover low you could drop a bomb to force him to either upb early and eat a punish or getting hit by the bomb and restarting the situation.

Yeah to be honest I only picked him up because in my head he worked as a counter to BM, since his recovery makes it easy for me to set up bombs and just bait, but now I have started to see the true potential of this character, enough for getting top 3 in a tourney IMO.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:45 am

I'm sure this has been noted before, but does anyone notice that BBMs tech rolls are so much slower than some other characters. I picked up sheik a while ago and when I tech to the left/right she gets back to neutral so much more faster than BBM who stays in his animation for a longer time.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:06 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
WRXJoey wrote:
I'm sure this has been noted before, but does anyone notice that BBMs tech rolls are so much slower than some other characters. I picked up sheik a while ago and when I tech to the left/right she gets back to neutral so much more faster than BBM who stays in his animation for a longer time.

All of his rolls are slower and shorther than most characters, which is pretty bad

ImageImageImageImage

Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:30 am

i just discovered bomber man can chain up throw :xd:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
RockM wrote:
i just discovered bomber man can chain up throw :xd:

Dthrow can be used as a mix-up at lower mid percents

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 pm

it fell
YouTube Video:

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:33 am

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
wat :|

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:05 am
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next