The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 3 posts ] 
[PC] Death Cargo 

Death Cargo is a 2D fighting game made by Italian indie developer Necrostorm.
The game uses a mix of FMV and heavy editing to create its characters, just like the classic Mortal Kombat games. But as we’re in 2013, it looks a lot better than anything we’ve seen before in this style. The gameplay videos don't do it justice but the game runs smoothly at sixty frames per second.

This gory fighting game is set in the future, where a number of “thinking weapons” are created and used for various purposes by the intergalactic war industry. These weapons are “semi-conscious, organic and chemical elements” that possess the owner of them with added power and strategy. The Death Cargos are what people refer to the shuttles that carry these weapons around. One of these crash-landed on Earth, and the weapons escaped to then possess people and turn them into death machines.
So, seeing no other way to handle the situation, the industries in charge of these weapons sent some more of them down to battle those rampaging on Earth. This is why the thinking weapons are fighting each other in the game. And that’s basically all there is to it.

The game is going to be released on December 28 of this year. It doesn't have a rating as the company is self-publishing the game. All you need to know about the game is right here.

GAMEPLAY - WARNING EXTREMELY VIOLENT: show
YouTube Video:
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:
YouTube Video:

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
The gameplay itself looks decent to average, kinda like this old arcade fighter I played a year ago. The Fallen Angels, I think it was.. But the fatality system just feels generic and tacked on for shock value; if it weren't for those, this game would have absolutely nothing going for it. And as it is, I feel like it still doesn't.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Rapty wrote:
The gameplay itself looks decent to average, kinda like this old arcade fighter I played a year ago. The Fallen Angels, I think it was.. But the fatality system just feels generic and tacked on for shock value; if it weren't for those, this game would have absolutely nothing going for it. And as it is, I feel like it still doesn't.

Well, Necrostorm is a developer of horror-based products. In addition to this game, they've also made several horror movies.

From what I understand, this game is supposed to be some sort of tribute to the fighting games of the '80s and '90s. It's actually been in development since early 2011.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:09 pm
 [ 3 posts ]