The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:40 pm

[ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 40  Next
Marth 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
It's not necessarily his sword. Marth moves his body back a bit in his "dizzy/sleep" animation so it's not a good visual representation, but for example if you do nspec, Marth's entire body lunges forward (including his hand) so it's possible that Jigglypuff could touch his hand hurtbox with Sing, and then you go into the dizzy animation which is completely different and it would look like it's miles away from Puff.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:24 pm

In any case, We'll see when the youtube is up in about 20 minutes (damn spotty internet connection). Or maybe Sometime Friday when I'm back in the States.

EDIT: Apparently it's gonna take 5000+ minutes to upload a 16-second video, so Friday it is.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:32 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
But it seems weird that the Sing reaches Marth before the sword reaches Jigglypuff. The sword is ahead of Marth's body.

Unless the Sing hitbox is actually bigger than Marth's sword.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:38 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Zalozis wrote:
But it seems weird that the the Sing reaches Marth before the sword reaches Jigglypuff. The sword is ahead of Marth's body.

It could also be dependent on the attack in question, because that would be ridiculous. Although Marth's sword seems shorter on some of his attacks...

Anyways, I'd believe this for maybe his forward smash because the sword comes from above and his hand sticks out as well. The geometry could cause Sing to stuff the fsmash. There's no way this could happen for n-spec (at least, I hope) because the sword sticks way out in front of his hand.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:16 pm
SSF2 Developer

^Yeah, F-Smash gets beat because it comes from over-head.

As for Neutral-B, Marth lowers his stance while charging and his foot goes forward a little, so that can cause him to get hit before the attack comes out.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Sing also doesn't clank so if the sword hits Puff the same frame, Marth will still go to sleep

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
you guys gotta remember, this game uses hit boxes not hit spheres, if you draw a box around the ripples that surround jiggs and re-position marth to about the 6th frame or so (post charge) the hurt box of marths hand could have collided with the hitbox at the corners.

This same effect is why marths DAir tipper is easier to land at 315 or 235 degrees... corners.

GM

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Guys, I....I think I quit
YouTube Video:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sorabotics wrote:
Guys, I....I think I quit [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48G8QNH6zw0 ]

Dair expanding your hurtbox OP

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:02 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Zalozis wrote:
But it seems weird that the Sing reaches Marth before the sword reaches Jigglypuff. The sword is ahead of Marth's body.

It's not even close, Marth's sword is way bigger. Just look at the animations for both attacks. Judging by the spacing, what happened is his fsmash went in as jiggs did the part of the animation where she leans to the side a bit, and he ran his hand into sing. Since the screenshot was taken after the hit, you don't see Jiggs' lean or marth's hand extended, so it looks a lot more distant than it actually is.

EDIT: Tested it in-game, that's exactly what happened.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Does anyone else use a keyboard to play Marth? I'm trying to learn him but he's not feeling that fast or powerful, even with auto-dash. Can anyone give me some tips?

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:16 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Shine! wrote:
Does anyone else use a keyboard to play Marth? I'm trying to learn him but he's not feeling that fast or powerful, even with auto-dash. Can anyone give me some tips?

_Yes, I use keyboard. Dash dancing is good, and you can use it to outspace an approach, and a good punish is turnaround grab. Fthrow DOES NOT chaingrab if they DI away, so try and see if they fall for it :D If not, upthrow might be the next best option, it sets up for juggles. Here is an idea with that: If your opponent jumps out of your juggle and it makes you vulnerable (say you whiff up air), you have probably conditioned them to jump immediately. So, they jump and now they don't have a jump! Easy juggles unless they have multiple jumps. All they can do is try to clank with your upair or use their recovery move.
_Going back to the fthrow thing, good DI for fthrow is bad DI for bthrow and dthrow (Particularly bthrow) and vixe-versa. So you can mix these up and do the throw they don't expect and you can get a nasty followup. Maybe you keep bthrowing them, so they start DI'ing for that throw, so now you fthrow (they DI towards you) and now you get tipper fsmash!!!!! You go from just getting damage to maybe getting a kill at a really low percent :)
_Non-tipper utilt doesn't usually combo into itself, but tipper utilt def does. The back part of the utilt is always a tipper, and I have juggled a human opponent by doing turnaround utilts so that I get the tipper part and I am guaranteed a followup because of hitstun (you can get numerous utilts this way).
_Learn to crouch-cancel your dash. You will find that it is easy to do dtilt while running, and that is because you press down to crouch (thus canceling the dash animation quickly) and then you do dtilt. This crouch-cancel mechanic can be applied to his ftilt and the FSMASH!!!!. I have had more success landing tipper ftilt honestly, but tipper fsmash can be landed if they aren't prepared or they are on a platform (the plat has to be low enough, WW and JH have low enough platforms to get tipper fsmash with proper spacing, or the platforms on Sky Sanctuary Zone when Marth is on the elevated sides)
_Your best kill moves are tipper bair/ftilt/fsmash/dair. Non-tipper fsmash can kill, but not nearly as early. Since SDI is still bad you can get some damage out of Dancing Blade if you can space if properly. It easily leads into Marth's tilts if you want a kill from it :)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:22 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

_Yes, I use keyboard. Dash dancing is good, and you can use it to outspace an approach, and a good punish is turnaround grab. Fthrow DOES NOT chaingrab if they DI away, so try and see if they fall for it :D If not, upthrow might be the next best option, it sets up for juggles. Here is an idea with that: If your opponent jumps out of your juggle and it makes you vulnerable (say you whiff up air), you have probably conditioned them to jump immediately. So, they jump and now they don't have a jump! Easy juggles unless they have multiple jumps. All they can do is try to clank with your upair or use their recovery move.
_Going back to the fthrow thing, good DI for fthrow is bad DI for bthrow and dthrow (Particularly bthrow) and vixe-versa. So you can mix these up and do the throw they don't expect and you can get a nasty followup. Maybe you keep bthrowing them, so they start DI'ing for that throw, so now you fthrow (they DI towards you) and now you get tipper fsmash!!!!! You go from just getting damage to maybe getting a kill at a really low percent :)
_Non-tipper utilt doesn't usually combo into itself, but tipper utilt def does. The back part of the utilt is always a tipper, and I have juggled a human opponent by doing turnaround utilts so that I get the tipper part and I am guaranteed a followup because of hitstun (you can get numerous utilts this way).
_Learn to crouch-cancel your dash. You will find that it is easy to do dtilt while running, and that is because you press down to crouch (thus canceling the dash animation quickly) and then you do dtilt. This crouch-cancel mechanic can be applied to his ftilt and the FSMASH!!!!. I have had more success landing tipper ftilt honestly, but tipper fsmash can be landed if they aren't prepared or they are on a platform (the plat has to be low enough, WW and JH have low enough platforms to get tipper fsmash with proper spacing, or the platforms on Sky Sanctuary Zone when Marth is on the elevated sides)
_Your best kill moves are tipper bair/ftilt/fsmash/dair. Non-tipper fsmash can kill, but not nearly as early. Since SDI is still bad you can get some damage out of Dancing Blade if you can space if properly. It easily leads into Marth's tilts if you want a kill from it :)

༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ he sounds so complicated, I'm gonna have to train my Marth. Thanks for the help.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:48 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ he sounds so complicated, I'm gonna have to train my Marth. Thanks for the help.

When you get to know a character more and see their options, you really realize how complicated some characters are. Every character in SSF2 has a lot of depth, and what I have here is only some of the more general Marth tips, even though some of it is quite complicated.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:07 pm

MGN Username: Weedy
Currently Playing: SSF2 0.9b
Do you think Ken Combo (Fair - Fair - Fair - Dair Spike) is able in SSF2?

Weedy-DK (Korea)
Jellybean-Tails (Korea)

Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:31 am
 [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 40  Next