The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:20 am

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[7/9] HYPE! Royale #2.1 

HYPE! Royale #2.1

Hello there! Skailler here once again with another revival of a (mor or less) beloved tournament series. After a long break, the original teams tournament series is back again, and better than ever! (Now featuring the same basic text below! Nostalgia HYPE or just pure lazyness?)

Do you want to know when the tournament starts? Hit the link to the bracket below. It features all important information, including time and date for your timezone specifically.

This tournament is a Teams Tournament. As such, you may only enter with a partner. Only one partner should check in to avoid confusion, similar like this: Team Name (Partner/Partner). For obvious reasons, you still have to enter the names of both players if you use a team name, otherwise you will get kicked without exception. If you fail to find a partner till tournament beginning, you may NOT participate. If your partner cannot play, a substitite partner is allowed. If you are unable to find one in time, you may continue 2vs1. To be able to participate, make sure to check in both here and in the chat you can find below!

Note: The actual tourney starts 15 minutes later in order to find potential substitution partners as needed, as well as being less strict towards latecomers.

Bracket: http://tsftournaments.challonge.com/HYPE_Royale_2_1
Chat: https://www.smashladder.com/netplay/HYPE%21+Royale

STAGELIST:

Neutral:

* Dreamland 64
* Tower of Salvation
* Smashville

Counterpick:

* Dracula´s Castle
* Battlefield
* Mirror Chamber
* Yoshi´s Island
* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (both stages can be stricken at once)
* Lunar Core
* Castle Siege

RULESET:

- 4 stocks, 8 minutes. Matches played in other formats do not count. Period.

- Items and Hazards are OFF, Team damage is set to ON.

- If you fail to show up within the 15 minute buffer, you will be disqualified. No exceptions. Do your partner a favor and be on time. This 15 minute window allows the player left alone to find a substitution partner. If he doesnt find one, the TCS Addendum (see below) applies.

- TCS Addendum: In case that your partner has to drop out mid-tourney, you may continue 2vs1. The opposing team has both members down to 2 stocks each, and the match will not start until all players are tangible. This means that you cannot use respawn invincibility to begin the match (this includes charging up chargable moves, setting up bombs, copying an ability etc). Additionally, the solo player gets free stage choice with MDSR in affect.

- You may NOT switch partners mid-tourney. Only exception to this is before the event starts and you partner has failed to show up in time.

- Each round has a set time limit of 60 minutes for Bo3 and 80 minutes for Bo5. The timer starts once the previous round ends right away. Matches that are played before time runs out but dont finish in time wont count anymore unless a tie occurs otherwise.

- Stage striking: Teams use the 1-2-1 stage striking system to decide which stage to play on. After the first match, the winning team strikes 3 stages from the list above, and the other team can choose which stage to play on. You cannot choose the stage you last won on (Dave´s Stupid Rule).

- Port Priority: Please ensure that Team A has the ports 1 and 4 while Team B has the ports 2 and 3.

- After each match, the winning team has to declare wether or not one of them/both players switch characters. After that, the losing team can switch if they want, but have to state that as well. Ignoring this rule nullifies the result of the match (Exception: The timer has run out and the set would be tied otherwise).

- If the game lags too much, the match ends with a tie. If the problem keeps occuring, console a TO and he will personally determine the winning team based off a speedtest that will be done by all four players.

- No whining about team colour. You agree on your colours yourself. If someone is partially colourblind or stuff like that, I highly recommend one team to pick blue and/or use of tags to avoid any Johns or salt.
- Regular matches are Bo3, Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are Bo5.

- No excessive stalling. You can play safe/defensive if you are 1vs2 behind, but dont just go camp under the stage for all eternity. Each player is allowed to go under the stage once per stock, not counting recovery. If he does that more than once, both Team members lose a stock. If the concerning player is alone, he forfeits two stocks instead. Being send under the stage and going under it in order to survive is not affected by this. Stalling is defined as pruposely avoiding a fight for more than 30 seconds in a row, wether it be running away, planking, abuse of tethers etc. Moving around the stage for better positioning is not considered stalling. If someone stalls, save the replay and hand them a TO.

- Suicide Clause: The initiator of a move that kills both the user and an opponent always is regarded as the winner if said move ends the match. An example would be Kirby´s Inhale.

- Stock sharing allowed.

- Gentleman´s Clause is in affect. Players can skip Stage Striking and play on any stage on the stagelist if all four players agree to it.

- Smashville Clause: Smashville can not be selected via Gentleman´s Clause.

- Modified Dave´s Stupid Rule: A team cannot counterpick the stage they last won on in the same set.

- Most important of all: Have fun! I don´t want people to rage about things, unless they get Wombo Combo´ed or stuff like that.

If you have any questions left, contact a TO.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:21 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Can I just ask...
HOW THE f***?

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: KingPawn
Currently Playing: SSF2
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Can I just ask...
[ Image ]
HOW THE f***?

It's supposed to be PM according to skailler doqk

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:28 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
TSF|KingPawn wrote:
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Can I just ask...
[ Image ]
HOW THE f***?

It's supposed to be PM according to skailler doqk

My mistake, I accidently mixed up AM and PM there. Has been fixed now, thanks for the notify!

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:40 am

Waifu: ... I have a few...
Alright guys, I'm here to win. Good luck. ;P

Also, should I make an account for the chat or is it fine?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 am
BR Member

WingofTech wrote:

I somehow feel unthreatened, but good luck anyways! You better get a partner though, you cant enter solo.

Considering you are required to be in the chat to avoid being kicked, Id highly recommend making an account.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:53 pm

TSF|Skailler wrote:
WingofTech wrote:

I somehow feel unthreatened, but good luck anyways! You better get a partner though, you cant enter solo.

Considering you are required to be in the chat to avoid being kicked, Id highly recommend making an account.

Alright, I guess I will then... prepare yourself, for a new challenger to appear, also, I've got a partner ready to fight with. :colonthree:

Yeah... I should have made a forum account earlier, I've been playing the game for around two years I think... :blackmage:

Also, one more thing. How many people will be taking part in the tournament? Will there be a lot more people joining like the other ones I've seen?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
WingofTech wrote:
TSF|Skailler wrote:
WingofTech wrote:

Alright, I guess I will then... prepare yourself, for a new challenger to appear, also, I've got a partner ready to fight with. :colonthree:

Yeah... I should have made a forum account earlier, I've been playing the game for around two years I think... :blackmage:

Also, one more thing. How many people will be taking part in the tournament? Will there be a lot more people joining like the other ones I've seen?

From my experience as a co-TO of this series, the number of participating teams is lower than that the number of singles participants. It's peaked at 11 pairs for us and our lowest attendance has actually been two.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 pm
BR Member

Two? Q Series had back-to-back 0-team events.

That said they were on a Friday and before the corresponding X Series events. But that's irrelevant.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:49 pm
YIM WWW

Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Two? Q Series had back-to-back 0-team events.

That said they were on a Friday and before the corresponding X Series events. But that's irrelevant.

What about Friday? The weird schedule conflict? :P

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 pm
BR Member

Well at the time the denizens still had school.

But not me because I had 4-day weeks.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:38 am
YIM WWW

So... how many more people at this point? Does everyone usually just join right before the tournament starts?

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:06 pm
BR Member

Right now 6 people have signed up, but half of them apparently doesnt have a partner yet. Sometimes they all join last minute, sometimes noone joins, and sometimes its a few after announcement, then a few if I nag them enough outside of the fora, and of course the last minute people who dont read properly and think they can enter solo.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Well that went horribly, I guess we're the Supreme Champions. ;P

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:31 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Next time, include a link to the chat on the challonge page. Everyone who wasn't on Wing's team had no idea where to go.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next