The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
Crow Robot wrote:
So I used to think Peach's resprite was pretty cool, but not really necessary.
Then I saw Peach's 0.9b idle.
The ultimate shrug.
ultimate shrug
shrug

you know it's not a shrug right.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:04 am

Just to name a three advanced techs(not entirely sure, please tell me if I'm wrong here :V) that me and Tac3(along with anyone else who found it) found during our experimentation with JCFF.

1. JCFF (Jump-Cancel Fast-Fall)
This is self explanatory if you know the sm4sh term of this, it's just by jumping > floating > fast falling. Since floating removes upward momentum you'll fall down slightly faster compared to normal fall speed. Fast falling just adds in for more downwards momentum allowing you to have a better neutral game and possible adds a new way to approach too.

2. DJCFF (Double Jump-Cancel Fast-Fall)
This may sound dumb but I'm not entirely sure if this is even plausible but, double jump > float > fast fall can someone how lead to a really quick fall even faster than JCFF. I may be wrong as I've stated earlier, I'm not entirely sure. The second jump acts like a DJC or something. Someone out there pls test this for me and compare if DJCFF is even something valid to begin with.

If that isn't true then I think DJCFF still can act as a fake out or possibly to approach unknowing to the opponent if you're gonna shorthop, float, or use your midair jump. So a lot of things can be done even if it's not a "tech" or something.

3.JCFF-variant on the ledge
The same thing but it allows you to variate your jump height when using the jump-at-ledge option. And it could be used as a mix up or an attempt to quickly nair opponents.

Another thing that I want to mention that I think wouldn't be referred to a tech is to jump > float in between/midway of the platform and quickly releasing it. This means that you'll instantly get onto the platform after releasing it, but you'll get into the normal/float landing animation so it'll be kinda risky if your opponent is nearby you. It is kinda useful in the neutral game though, allows really quick movements. It should be noted if you're in between/mid way of the platform, moving and doing an attack will just do the same thing and get you onto the platform. Oh and one thing if you do Peach Bomber it's pretty interesting as to how it brushes onto the platform with the effect an still do the whole peach bomber move anyway.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:25 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I'm almost certain that DJCFF is a thing, because you can cancel Peach's DJ animation during the dip.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:40 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I'm almost certain that DJCFF is a thing, because you can cancel Peach's DJ animation during the dip.

Good to know then c:, Peach finally has some legit movement in her neutral to mix up and also fake out at the same time, all in one AT.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:58 am

Upon getting an oddish(finally) during training mode, I finally managed to get the values properly
Base Damage: 3% (When you first poison and hit your opponent with it)
Poison Damage: 3% (yea.)
Total Damage: 27%

Lasts for 10 secs (using stopwatch and ssf2 placed side by side)

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:16 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Changelist
Note: This changelist is based on both my ideas and what we have currently seen of Beta Peach from current gameplay footage.
Neutral
+Peach is bigger, giving her better reach on many of her attacks.
-Peach is bigger, making her a easier target to hit.

Buffs
•Dash Attack is similar to Melee. Peach travels farther and it's a single hit attack that pops the opponent into the air.
•Down Tilt is now a pseudo-crawl.
•Utilt has more range making it easier to hit with for combos.
•All variants of her Forward Smash have been drastically buffed. Now possessing proper hitbox placement, range, and much stronger KO power.
•Down Smash is now similar to Melee's Grinder.
•Peach has a faster air speed.
•Peach's Midair Jump is now identical to Melee's. Peach has a long slow jump allowing for more fluid aerial mobility. It also DJCs.
•Forward Air has been drastically buffed. Now having better range, less landing lag, reliable early KO power, and launches opponents at a more favorable horizontal angle.
•Back Air now has actual knockback scaling.
•Down Air has more range.
•Toad now comes out faster and provides invincibility frames. It also turns around if attacked from behind.
•Peach Bomber is much faster and travels much farther.
•Up Special's Open Parasol glides slightly faster.
•Vegetable now removed useless items from the RNG(such as Cuckoos and Capsules) and Peach now has a greater chance to pull cool items like Oddishes, Bo-ombs, and Stitch Faces.
•Turnips can also be normal thrown and smash thrown. They also have a bigger hitbox and are easier to see.
•Peach has a better grab range.
•Fthrow launches opponents at a more favorable angle and is harder to DI.
•Bthrow is now almost just as strong as Fthrow and can reliably KO as well.
•Dthrow is bettter for comboi'ng.

Nerfs
•Jab2 is no longer a strong slap that sends the opponent at a semi-spike.
•Peach has a slower dash speed and her initial dash doesn't grant a tiny speed boost like for some other characters.
•Parasol grants much less vertical height. Mainly due to Peach's new midair jump. It also has landing lag.
•Toad's midair hop is shortened. Toad also has more end lag.
•Peach Bomber has more ending lag and still doesn't react to shields.

Last edited by Shine-chan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
A few comments: I'd rather not see Jab 2 get nerfed. I like this grinder dsmash because it isn't as aggravating as in Melee but it still does heavy damage if used in the right situation. What did you mean for the dtilt change? Instead of buffing fthrow's KB, just change the angle so it isn't so easy to DI to the corner. I would also stick with the current bthrow, as it's annoying to get grabbed near the ledge and die really early.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Beam sword is useless? BRUH. Giving Peach a disjoint is HUGE. And its her only useful projectile that doesnt disappear if it touches the ground, so thats a plus as well. Although she might not need it as much anymore due to better range, its still a good pluck if you get one.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:21 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
What did you mean for the dtilt change?

It's like the dtilt in brawl, spamming it moves you forward bit by bit, therefore it becomes a "pseudo-crawl".

Cookies wrote:
Beam sword is useless? BRUH. Giving Peach a disjoint is HUGE. And its her only useful projectile that doesnt disappear if it touches the ground, so thats a plus as well. Although she might not need it as much anymore due to better range, its still a good pluck if you get one.

I do quite agree with the disjoint part and that it's pretty much a good pluck. Although I'm pretty sure what Shine meant was that "it takes up space and thus reduces the chance of a much better item".

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:48 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
A few comments: I'd rather not see Jab 2 get nerfed.
In the smashcon stream a Peach used Jab and Jab2 wasn't super strong anymore. It's w/e in my book.

Instead of buffing fthrow's KB, just change the angle so it isn't so easy to DI to the corner.
Fixed

I would also stick with the current bthrow, as it's annoying to get grabbed near the ledge and die really early.
in the Smashcon stream it killed at 130% lol

Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
What did you mean for the dtilt change?

It's like the dtilt in brawl, spamming it moves you forward bit by bit, therefore it becomes a "pseudo-crawl".

Cookies wrote:

I do quite agree with the disjoint part and that it's pretty much a good pluck. Although I'm pretty sure what Shine meant was that "it takes up space and thus reduces the chance of a much better item".
Ya Beam Sword is good but it's not needed anymore.
Oddish is better because Poison Damage.
Bo-ombs KO
Stitch Faces KO and break shields
and Mr.Saturns break shields.

plus, it never made sense that a beam sword was in the ground lol.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:36 am
YIM

Ah it should be noted that if you just simply hold your jump key first then your down key at ledge and you can instantly float at ground height at the ledge. Or just jump then hold onto your jump key + down key at any height. I think anyone knows this but it's just a reminder for yet another way to have a fast nair at ledge to stop edgeguarders. Oh and DJCFF applies to ledge.... well if DJCFF is even a thing to begin with since Tac3 told me in v0.9b(current ver.) Peach doesn't have a dip in her second jump...............................................................
yea

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:50 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Hey guys, I did an in-depth analysis of my set vs Jammy from a while back. Take a look if you want some Peach insight in general and for vs Fox!!
YouTube Video:

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 pm

tW|Sorabotics wrote:
Hey guys, I did an in-depth analysis of my set vs Jammy from a while back. Take a look if you want some Peach insight in general and for vs Fox!!
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMuI_OST0zM ]

Ooh nice I really hate this MU because of how fast Fox is, good thing there is a video out there to teach me the MU.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
tW|Sorabotics wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMuI_OST0zM ]

Ooh nice I really hate this MU because of how fast Fox is, good thing there is a video out there to teach me the MU.

Yep! And I have plenty of matches vs great foxes on my channel and my peach guide of course :D

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 am

I was testing with Peach's fair for a while and I noticed that if you timed it right, you can cancel the endlag/landing lag(not entirely sure which) after a float cancel and immediately follow up or float back up and then catch up with the opponent. I tested this a few times along with a normal FC fair[with the landing lag(+end lag???) sorry don't entirely understand the endlag/landing lag that fully until now lol] and there is a huge difference. It looks like it'd be useful if you time it right since the hitbox still does come out if you do the less end lag/landing lag version of the fair.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next