The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
Fox 

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
sparty88 wrote:
Online, I say 100-0 for Wario. In fact, if anyone can beat my bro slaypes' Wario with Fox, I'll personally mail you a cookie. Offline, who knows. Probably still adv Wario.

I really wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the matchup. Fox can get 0-deathed by a lot of characters due to his air speed... Wario's being up throw, up throw, up throw, up throw, up throw, up throw, full powered wario waft, stock, profit lol.

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Fox always has speed and combos, so I really doubt any matchup is 100-0 for him, even online. Shooting lasers, riding the nairplane, and upsmash is already at least 90-10 for Wario.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:48 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
No matchup in this game is even close to 100-0 haha.

Maybe it's worse online but I think Fox is fine against Wario.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:06 pm

honestly playing aggressive with fox is usually not the best idea. One mistake can make you lose a stock due to his terrible airspeed. Usually fox could combo everyone in melee due to wavedashing or Thunder combo but since there's no wavedashing in ssf2.. Fox really can't do much but tech chase. Fox needs to bait and punish with his dash dancing skills in order to win a match.

Edit: Overall fox is perfect the way he is. The only thing I'd like to see is fox actually able to do up throw - up air more than just heavy mids-fastfallers. So he can at least be able to rack up more damage on more characters.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
I have no idea how people play online with Fox. I've been trying him out offline and am doing some cool things. Get into an online game and I like like a 4 year old.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:16 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
sparty88 wrote:
I have no idea how people play online with Fox. I've been trying him out offline and am doing some cool things. Get into an online game and I like like a 4 year old.

Haha ikr? You just feel like you have absolutely no control over your character XD.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:58 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Starkiller2 wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

Haha ikr? You just feel like you have absolutely no control over your character XD.

It's downright silly. I main Sheik, so I'm sort of used to not being able to do 100% of what I want (advanced edge guarding is simply too high risk online), but Fox and Falcon are on another level. I'm really sympathetic towards people who plays those guys online. I almost want them to beat me.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
sparty88 wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

It's downright silly. I main Sheik, so I'm sort of used to not being able to do 100% of what I want (advanced edge guarding is simply too high risk online), but Fox and Falcon are on another level. I'm really sympathetic towards people who plays those guys online. I almost want them to beat me.

Most of my mains fit into that kind of category, so I'm usually playing Marth or Link who don't need to be as precise. I played a guy who used Yoshi, and I was surprised at the amount of DJC he was doing despite online being a detriment.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:56 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
It's pretty interesting how much hard it is to control Fox online, but once you do. He's beast.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 pm

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
It's pretty interesting how much hard it is to control Fox online, but once you do. He's beast.

yeah true that. Offline I can short hop laser/shine for days. Online however short hopping is a pain due to input lag.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:47 pm
SSF2 Developer

SirTundra_23 wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

yeah true that. Offline I can short hop laser/shine for days. Online however short hopping is a pain due to input lag.

It's not individual techniques that are hard online, things like SH and aerial->shine->aerial can be learned through muscle memory. How things connect is hard, especially things like following DI. I, for instance, confirm things visually and react, so while I might be able to perform ledge hop bair edgeguards offline, in online I can't do that because I have to preemptively bair, predicting and timing those kinds of things is hard. You also need to recognize ahead of time how fast you can fall before its too late to recover. You see your character get at the right height to recover and side-b, then you fall a little bit before your input processes and then you miss the recovery. This timing can be learned, but if you think about it it teaches you to up-b early and not sweetspot the ledge in offline play if you use the same timing.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Fox is seriously a glass cannon at this point. The match plays like this: You get hit, you get owned, hard. You get a hit, it's combo and pressure heaven. Fox also seems to have a netural game advantage as well with lazers and Shine. I say Fox is a very solid character, low top tier/top high tier material.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:24 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I wouldn't say that. He has a good defensive game considering his comboability because of good OoS options and good combo breakers. I put him in high tier, but not top: the top tiers are good in this game.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:49 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I wouldn't say that. He has a good defensive game considering his comboability because of good OoS options and good combo breakers. I put him in high tier, but not top: the top tiers are good in this game.

Huh? "comboability"? What's that? :wee:

Ask anyone who has played my Fox. They'll tell you differently, way differently.
I'd say at this point Fox counters big targets and slow characters, they just don't have a chance once you get in. Only hope they have is if you mess up.

No joke, he also seems to counter floaty characters to an extent as well. Though not as much as the aforementioned above characters.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:55 am
SSF2 Developer

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Huh? "comboability"? What's that? :wee:

Ask anyone who has played my Fox. They'll tell you differently, way differently.
I'd say at this point Fox counters big targets and slow characters, they just don't have a chance once you get in. Only hope they have is if you mess up.

No joke, he also seems to counter floaty characters to an extent as well. Though not as much as the aforementioned above characters.

But this assumes that you have the end-all be-all of Foxes lol. Fox received mostly changes from last demo to this demo, so it is unlikely he is going to be getting any higher on the tier list. Until he gets some breakthrough in his game or some huge buff (ie wavedashing :wee:), I don't see him ever rising higher than A tier.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next