The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:50 pm

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 

DucKi wrote:
I dont know if this has been done yet, but I suggest that the Solar Blade be converted to his Dthrow (with less knockback) and give him a more conventional dsmash that uses both of his swords.
Not enough taking advantage of his dual wielding imo.

I like that idea, he is always attacking with only one sword. It should be like black mages, where it's on both sides but the back/front is first.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:13 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
RIP Lloyd recoveries.

Gonna be even more a** without RF.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:38 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
I have an idea. How about having Rising Falcon as an aerial down-B?

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:20 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
So Lloyd has no Rising Falcon?

Well, does he have any alternative forms of recovery outside of Tiger Blade? Does Tiger Blade go further? Have you given the meteor smash back because Tiger Blade in this game technically speaking isn't Tiger Blade.

If Lloyd misses out on Rising Falcon, he's gonna be very disadvantaged.
Lunary wrote:
I have an idea. How about having Rising Falcon as an aerial down-B?

That's a good idea.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Lloyd's recovery is actually very strong in 0.9b if he can make it back (hard to edgeguard due to hitboxes out the entire time + able to attack after upB). It also has good horizontal length with Rising Falcon, making his recovery better than it should be in comparison to his onstage game imo.

If his onstage game continues to be as strong as it was in 0.9b I don't believe that Lloyd deserves Rising Falcon as a recovery option.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Pokepen
Currently Playing: SSBM, Project M, Super Meat Boy, SSF2
Waifu: none of ur business
whyyyyyy rising falcon.... My favorite Dair in the game... If you used Tiger blade before an aerial, there would be like no ending lag (4 frames of lag I think), and Lloyd's Dair had a bunch of lag, so the technique was so useful. :(
I personally hope sonic thrust is nerfed.

Okay, so in the original version of v0.9b, Tiger Blade > Rising Falcon could be performed as much times as you wanted in succession.

Then, you could only do it once (twice i think if you use rising falcon first)

NOW, all of these shenanigans have been removed

:metaknight: :pikachu:

Twitch.tv/pokepen - I need to stream sometime

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:45 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
When's Lloyd's Rising Falcon going to get fixed like it should've been? It's been wrong since he's been in the game lol, in the air he doesn't float up in ToS it cuts all the start up lag when used in the air yet SSF2 makes no sense with the way it's used.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
yoh wrote:
When's Lloyd's Rising Falcon going to get fixed like it should've been? It's been wrong since he's been in the game lol, in the air he doesn't float up in ToS it cuts all the start up lag when used in the air yet SSF2 makes no sense with the way it's used.
Actually, you make a point.

When he used it on the ground, he jumped up and dived down; however, when he used it in the air, he just dived down for a fair and quick cross-up.

I would like to see that adjusted in the Beta or at least addressed in some build in the future.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:03 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Smash isn't canon: don't mix the two. Mario doesn't need powerups to shoot fireballs, Rest is not a really powerful move in Pokemon, Yoshi's jump is not immune to knockback in Mario, etc., etc.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:38 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Jammy wrote:
Lloyd's recovery is actually very strong in 0.9b if he can make it back (hard to edgeguard due to hitboxes out the entire time + able to attack after upB). It also has good horizontal length with Rising Falcon, making his recovery better than it should be in comparison to his onstage game imo.

If his onstage game continues to be as strong as it was in 0.9b I don't believe that Lloyd deserves Rising Falcon as a recovery option.

Are you serious? His only two recovery options are his d air and up b. Are you seriously saying he only deserves ONE recovery option which can only be used ONCE whilst in the air? That gives him absolutely NO RECOVERY WHATSOEVER. If his up b went as high as Bomberman's vertical recovery then it would have been all fine and dandy. But it doesn't. Heck, his recovery was only good when up b > d air could be looped. Now he has no recovery at all, even with d air.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:28 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
TheHyuga360 wrote:
Jammy wrote:

Are you serious? His only two recovery options are his d air and up b. Are you seriously saying he only deserves ONE recovery option which can only be used ONCE whilst in the air? That gives him absolutely NO RECOVERY WHATSOEVER. If his up b went as high as Bomberman's vertical recovery then it would have been all fine and dandy. But it doesn't. Heck, his recovery was only good when up b > d air could be looped. Now he has no recovery at all, even with d air.

I think his previous recovery was way too good. Very hard to intercept, can end his recovery with a fair or uair to 100% cover ledge and has a very large horizontal distance with upB + dair combo.
This was unbalanced imo due to his already great stage presence (amazing combo game, disjoint, speed and projectile).

A nerf to his recovery was definitely in order. I think perhaps his upB could use a little more horizontal and vertical height to compensate, but not too much.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:55 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sword-based characters in general have fewer recovery options than other characters, a trade off for their advantages onstage. This is part of why MK is so good, since he doesn't suffer from this trend.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:58 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Sword-based characters in general have fewer recovery options than other characters, a trade off for their advantages onstage. This is part of why MK is so good, since he doesn't suffer from this trend.

Neither do Link and Marth.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Lunary wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

Neither do Link and Marth.

Link's is getting nerfed to about the half of what it covers now. No idea about Marth, but a simple Marth-killer edgehog will kill him.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 pm
BR Member

Marth Killer is super impractical compared to melee :/

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:35 pm
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 43  Next