The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:36 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

Currently Playing: Hide-n-seek
Death'saWoopingRiot wrote:
Anyone got a stab at when we get 598? Do we gotta wait til Sunday again?

it appears so

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Those pictures from the the new Chapter where so surprising I'm speechless

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:00 pm

TNich wrote:
Those pictures from the the new Chapter where so surprising I'm speechless

Link?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Waifu: You!
More and more Obito hints

Also that f*** mask is gone forever

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 am

I guess this is it... I must say after all these years I'm not sure I can be completely satisfied with what lies behind that thing.

Knowing Kishi's style, given the fact Kakashi THOUGHT of Obito but didn't say his name... Yeah, I think I'm convinced again...

But to um... Get away with for a sec from just how shocking this ordeal is to take in... Can Tobi slip through the rifts without Mangekyou Sharingan, or did he just activate it while drawn at an angle so we couldn't tell?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:56 am

Tobi used Kamui when he used the Mangekyo, as in the one Kakashi uses

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 am

THoT wrote:

I think I've been confused for a while, but think I get it now.

If he is Obito and he unlocked his Mangekyou... I think we know what happened to Rin...

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 am

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
THoT wrote:

If he is Obito and he unlocked his Mangekyou... I think we know what happened to Rin...

I thought this yesterday too. That could also explain how Kakashi got his mangekyo. Obito unlocked it, and since Kakashi has his other eye, he got it too?

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:
THoT wrote:

I thought this yesterday too. That could also explain how Kakashi got his mangekyo. Obito unlocked it, and since Kakashi has his other eye, he got it too?

I haven't thought at all about how Kakashi got his Mangekyou since I stopped following the Tobito theory. Popular opinion was always that Kakashi felt trauma and guilt over Obito's death and that's what triggered his, but that always felt like an asspull.

Also, in spite of what I said, I really don't get this so I'm going to ask...

What is the difference between Tobi just slipping in and out of his pocket dimension and the Tecnique Kamui? Once Kakashi revealed they lead to the same place, I just started calling Tobi's teleportation Kamui, but clearly they are different. I always just related Kamui to being the tecnique that allowed one to slip in and out of the pocket dimension. So what is "Kamui" and what is just Tobi vanishing in and out of the second world

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Well one is a simple Jutsu and the other is a Dojutsu, Tobi is suffering from no eye injuries despite using it 100 times so it must not be part of the Mangekyo

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm

You guys should all know Kishi by now the Manga is unpredictable I still don't think its Obito its to obvious

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:46 pm

TNich wrote:
You guys should all know Kishi by now the Manga is unpredictable I still don't think its Obito its to obvious

That is always my conclusion, I'm still skeptical, but it's a simple thing to consider in storytelling...

Kakashi has made the Obito connection, Kakashi and maybe Guy seem to believe Tobi is Obito, but neither of them said it aloud. So let me ask a question-

If he isn't Obito, what is the point of Kakashi thinking he is, ESPECIALLY since the reveal is about to happen. No good storyteller does things for no reason. While there are times Kishi isn't GREAT, he's good enough to not give Kakashi these thoughts for no reason.

What angle can a good story be told by having all this build up and it NOT being Obito. If Kakashi said it, said it was Obito, accused him of being Obito, any of that, THEN it would be a good angle to tell a story. But because he didn't say it, because it's only on his mind, an Obito reveal is being built up.

I'm still skeptical, but from a story telling angle, Obito being the reveal, even if not unexpected, would fit in right.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:56 pm

But Tobi is old under the mask

It could be Izuna, the age and connection to Madara would make much more sense

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 pm

THoT wrote:
But Tobi is old under the mask

you pointed out his trips in and out of his dimension didn't hurt his Sharingan. They COULD potentially take a toll on his body.

I'm still holding out for Izuna, still think it would be an epic reveal, but don't know the odds

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:54 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
TNich wrote:

That is always my conclusion, I'm still skeptical, but it's a simple thing to consider in storytelling...

Kakashi has made the Obito connection, Kakashi and maybe Guy seem to believe Tobi is Obito, but neither of them said it aloud. So let me ask a question-

If he isn't Obito, what is the point of Kakashi thinking he is, ESPECIALLY since the reveal is about to happen. No good storyteller does things for no reason. While there are times Kishi isn't GREAT, he's good enough to not give Kakashi these thoughts for no reason.

What angle can a good story be told by having all this build up and it NOT being Obito. If Kakashi said it, said it was Obito, accused him of being Obito, any of that, THEN it would be a good angle to tell a story. But because he didn't say it, because it's only on his mind, an Obito reveal is being built up.

I'm still skeptical, but from a story telling angle, Obito being the reveal, even if not unexpected, would fit in right.

He's showing Kakashi thinking about it being Obito because it wouldn't make sense if he didn't. Even if it's not Obito, it is his eye. Knowing that it's his eye, Kakashi has no other choice than to have these thoughts. Another reason for Kishi showing us kakashis thoughts could be to lead US to think it's Obito, when it's really not.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 am
YIM WWW
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 146  Next