The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:04 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 12 posts ] 
Mcleodgaming Chat Room 

Would you like an Official Mcleodgaming Chat Room?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
No 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8

Mcleodgaming Chat Room 

MODS PLEASE READ BEFORE LOCKING

Don't go and jump to conclusions just yet. Yes, I know this was suggested before, but this time there's a good reason.

Remember last year (or January :roll: ), where there were so many people online for the v.07 demo that the site crashed a few times? I'm not sure if you it, but I alerted people to head towards the Expansion Chat Room to keep the site's activity down. Believe it or not, I think it might have worked.

Chat rooms aren't really too hard to create. Though you'd need rules or otherwise things are gonna get out of hand.

I made a poll (like another topic) so people can support or oppose this idea.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 am

Currently Playing: Minecraft Skyrim Team fortress 2 Apb Reloaded
i agree as well it isnt that much of a task to do and it would increase alot of peoples point of view on this site and may even attract some new people

im only stating my opinions but i think it is an idea you should take into consideration mcleod

"When bird is the word, make sure your the word."

"Sorry im not posting much, school life takes alot of time out of me"

~~~Konane Z~~~

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 am

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
I oppose this idea. While a chat room would occupy some of the new users, for the purposes you propose it for, it would not work. Imagine the spam from hundreds of rabid SSF2 fans all, "WHERES THE DEMO" "OMG HURRY UP". It would be impossible to moderate.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
no

also I would just spam it with p**** p**** p****

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:54 am

If there was someone like Kiki or some other mod on there all the time, you wouldn't have to worry about that problem. (Now, I not sure how to problem a bot that blocks disruptive behaviour).

Besides, if the spin-off Expansion Forum site can have it, why can't Mcleodgaming?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Phin68 wrote:
If there was someone like Kiki or some other mod on there all the time, you wouldn't have to worry about that problem. (Now, I not sure how to problem a bot that blocks disruptive behaviour).

Besides, if the spin-off Expansion Forum site can have it, why can't Mcleodgaming?

There were about 300 users online during SSF2 0.7's release. About 250 of those were most likely there because of SSF2 and would be in said chat room. I believe that the amount of visitors will exponentially increase. Now one moderator cannot possibly control over 250 people, rabid fans anxious for a demo. The room would be so full of spam, it would be unbearable.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Panthera leo wrote:
Phin68 wrote:

There were about 300 users online during SSF2 0.7's release. About 250 of those were most likely there because of SSF2 and would be in said chat room. I believe that the amount of visitors will exponentially increase. Now one moderator cannot possibly control over 250 people, rabid fans anxious for a demo. The room would be so full of spam, it would be unbearable.

Maybe you could have more then one?

If you're thinking of a chat room like the expansion one, I disagree. I'd suggest someone create on Freenode.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Maybe make it a spam filter?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
no shut up this isn't happening
Phin68 wrote:

Because MG =/= the f*** expansion forums

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Fly or Die wrote:
Maybe make it a spam filter?

Read my mind.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:42 pm

To be blunt, we don't need anything to "cope" with the user inflow around the time of demo releases. It's unnecessary work for something we can ultimately grin and bear without entirely too much trouble- whatever distress is brought to you by several hundred new members all screaming in horrible unison, it is completely insignificant. You can walk away and shake it off, because unlike the staff that actually do things around here, you aren't obligated to sit through it. There's very little reason to complain for your average fora member.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 pm

I understand why this idea was turned down: Too many people disliked the idea.

I might make my own unoffcial MG chat room, but for now I'll just save Cleod some time and lock this.

:lock:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:11 pm
 [ 12 posts ]