The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:22 pm

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Don't have a name yet... 

What do you see in the future? War? Peace? It's your choice. Fifty or so years from now, the third world war will begin. Ten years later, it will end. Some countries and governments will forget it and live happily ever after. Some will be on the edge of war. And still more will be destroyed, in ruins and squabbling to regain power. These lands are shattered; some cities are craters, most of which are radioactive. Some city-states seek to break others and rebuilt their countries. Some are just dead. But most people don't care.

Choose who you are, and choose who you want to go from there. There are no rules, except fight for what you're fighting for and win. Or you can die, if you want.

If there's general approval of this RP, I think it would turn out awesome. There are a few things that I intend to implement that will make it pretty original.
1) This is intended to be a realistic view of the future, or at least as close to it as we can handle. There are no blasters, no super-weapons, no aliens, no hover car s***. Guns will be guns; they can be better than today's, obviously, as can other technology, but keep it within the realms of possibility.
2) I'm using a partner system. Each member participating is paired with another member, and the two member's characters are together from the beginning. They may choose how it will go, they can choose who they are fighting for. They can choose everything about their characters, but the characters, unless one dies, must stick together for most of the RP. They're partners.
3) If a character dies, which may very well happen as a deal of this will be pvp, the member is very welcome to make a new character and reintroduce themselves in the RP topic after my approval.
4) I will be the world. If I set this up I'll be as descriptive as you could ever want. I'll outline anything you ask about, and I'll provide in the best detail I can what your surroundings will be like. I'll give descriptions of large powers of the world, and their stances, if you want them. I will be the NPCs that play parts, and I will think up events to keep the story moving.

If people seem to like the ideas above I'll write up a character intro sheet and we'll see how it goes ^_^

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:12 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Not bad. I like the partner system thing.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 pm
Site Moderator

Definently different, I like it alot. I'll probably end up joining.
(Carmine! two words? come on...)

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:22 pm

I'll be honest.

At first, I liked it.

But as I read on, I got to thinking...

"If it's going to be so realistic, a characters life won't last long at all."

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:27 pm
Site Moderator

DH_Ninja wrote:
Definently different, I like it alot. I'll probably end up joining.
(Carmine! two words? come on...)

Read my post again. I realized that. D:

Agreeing with belth's post, but the "Characters life not lasting long" makes it more fun.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:28 pm

Not true. As long as you don't do something dumb, you'll be fine. I won't be dropping nukes and rods from god everywhere, but I'll be sure to challenge your characters. Keeping it realistic doesn't mean you're going to die; it's still an RP. Your characters are definitely allowed to get lucky to stay alive countless times, and they're allowed to fight impossible odds and still make it through.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 pm
Site Moderator

Im joining, if this is made.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Yay :wee: Come on people!

One thing that I guess is disposable is the buddy system thing, but I'd like to use it. If most of you are really opposed to it, it'll go.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:41 pm
Site Moderator

Forbz wrote:
Yay :wee: Come on people!

One thing that I guess is disposable is the buddy system thing, but I'd like to use it. If most of you are really opposed to it, it'll go.

That's what I like most about this. The buddy system sounds promising.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:42 pm

It's fun because you're both forced to interact with other RPers for the most part and I like seeing characters develop, which happens more if you have another character around them. Your buddies don't even have to be friends, but they can be lovers as well. There's room for variation, and a lot of people haven't done an RP like that before.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 pm
Site Moderator

Forbz wrote:
It's fun because you're both forced to interact with other RPers for the most part and I like seeing characters develop, which happens more if you have another character around them. Your buddies don't even have to be friends, but they can be lovers as well. There's room for variation, and a lot of people haven't done an RP like that before.

I've done a few.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:46 pm

PvP, and your saying characters might last long? If I try to kill someone or someone tries to kill me, I'm not giving up 'til one of us is dead... or both.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 am

WereBob wrote:
PvP, and your saying characters might last long? If I try to kill someone or someone tries to kill me, I'm not giving up 'til one of us is dead... or both.

This.

I'm not gonna be joining this...

I'm sure Kiki will tho, she seems to be the new Joat.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 am

PvP, once again, doesn't mean you have to die. Try your best to kill someone, and they'll try their best to not be killed. Not lasting long won't be a problem. As long as nobody godmods into killing other people, nobody will die very fast at all, because I'll be careful not to make an inescapable situation.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Forbz wrote:
PvP, once again, doesn't mean you have to die. Try your best to kill someone, and they'll try their best to not be killed. Not lasting long won't be a problem. As long as nobody godmods into killing other people, nobody will die very fast at all, because I'll be careful not to make an inescapable situation.

If you're playing a PvP REALISTIC RP with guns, then you most likely will die fast... If someone were to.. I don't know, SHOOT AT YOU WITH A GUN. Realistically, they'd be able to hit you and you wouldn't be able to go "LULZ I DO TEH MATRIX N LIEK TOTLY DODGE TEH BULLET." If you're in the open, and playing realistically, then you or the other person are dead, if not both. There is no way around it, if you're firing at each other, one of you will be dying.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:47 pm
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next