The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:14 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 169  Next
Sonic the Hedgehog 

Waifu: your dad
kb wrote:
I would have liked it if Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were separate in the developers eyes, so we could have had something like Ice Cap along with Sky Sanctuary

yes! i was trying to remember if there could have been a good stage from sonic 3 but ice cap slipped my mind
it would've been good too, the game was missing the ice level it needed

i do hope we get something nice for the 25th anniversary but i'm not going to be too surprised if we get another 06/Boom case

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Well SEGA have been talking recently about how they know they've let fans down and also basically the first thing announced about the new Boom game was "we've learned from the mistakes of the last game"

All we can really do is hope they actually act on their words

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:23 pm

thats really great and all, im glad they've recognized the mistakes they've made, but you think they would've learned after 06 considering what they did with boom is exactly what they did with 06

but oh well, i guess i can have more hope in a decent sonic game in the future now

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:32 pm

LyokoBlight wrote:
considering what they did with boom is exactly what they did with 06

well we can't really say that for sure, since 06 was developed internally while Boom was outsourced

both were clearly rushed straight out the door for Christmas but while 06 was all down to SEGA (and possibly Microsoft) pressuring them to get it out the door as well as the team being split in half to make Secret Rings, we don't know if Sonic Boom was terrible because of SEGA rushing the team or if Big Red Button are just terrible at making games. Boom was the first game they've made and could possibly be the last

all we really know is that the 3DS Sonic Boom game was made by different devs, and it was better than not as bad as the Wii U game

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:30 pm

oh right i forgot about big red button existing lol

honestly it sounds like sega was rushing big red button and big red button are just bad at making games

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Has anyone played the new release of Sonic World? I'm loving thenew stages and Chao Garden. Also I love that Tikal is playable now, I've been wanting to play Tikal in a game for a while now! :)

I also like playing Duo with Tikal & Knuckles #TeamEchidna

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:05 pm
YIM

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
YESSSS, I LOVE CHAO GARDEN!
But Sega should have another reboot though, their Boom franchise is killing him...

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Boom has been the best step to happen to the franchise in a while, not counting Generations because it's too god to be real
Boom was the proof that SEGA attempted to make something different to the franchise, it failed but at least they tried with the show and 3DS games

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
yeah the show has been nice and the 3DS game while meh was overshadowed by the massive turd that was on with WiiU

i hope it was truly enough of a wake up call but we will just have to wait for next year

I AM APPLE

Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 pm

delaying the new game until next year shows that they actually care about making it good

Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Maybe they are taking the road to recovery after all huh?

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:36 am

kb wrote:
LyokoBlight wrote:
considering what they did with boom is exactly what they did with 06

well we can't really say that for sure, since 06 was developed internally while Boom was outsourced

both were clearly rushed straight out the door for Christmas but while 06 was all down to SEGA (and possibly Microsoft) pressuring them to get it out the door as well as the team being split in half to make Secret Rings, we don't know if Sonic Boom was terrible because of SEGA rushing the team or if Big Red Button are just terrible at making games. Boom was the first game they've made and could possibly be the last

I wouldn't say that Boom and '06 are the same. '06 was a game that was released in its alpha state and many of its problems only exist because Sega forced Sonic Team to release the game a year before it was ready so they could cash in on Sonic's 15th anniversary. Boom on the other hand was in development for three years and was clearly not rushed.

Also, according to a supposed former Big Red Button employee (this is taken from a comment on a Game Grumps video of all things so it should be taken with a grain of salt although it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be true), Rise of Lyric failed each and every quality-assurance test and when the beta testers voiced their concerns to the higher-ups, they were just ignored. This would explain why the game seems to have been almost intentionally released in the worst condition possible but it can't be verified.

If this is true, then Boom doesn't have the problem of being rushed as much as it does the problem of being made by a developer that just didn't care about making a good game.

Either way, I think we can all agree that Boom on the Wii U is one of the worst games ever made and that it ensured that this sub-franchise would be dead on arrival.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
i still think big red button is one of the worst company names i've ever heard, it feels like adults trying to reach out to children in the most clueless way possible

"haha, the old lady said rocky road ice cream. get it kids? ice cream? and she's an old lady? haha!!!"

Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:26 pm
YIM

I guess Sonic needs a major reboot but here are some Sonic game series I think should be continued: Unleashed series w/ Sonic Unleashed 2 , Heroes series w/ Sonic Heroes 2 , the Adventure series should DEFINITELY have an Adventure 3 , and maybe they can bring games back for the old consoles , you know , like 360/DSi/ and maybe PS3 too , I guess but this is just an idea though....

Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
RedHedgehog399 wrote:
I guess Sonic needs a major reboot but here are some Sonic game series I think should be continued: Unleashed series w/ Sonic Unleashed 2 , Heroes series w/ Sonic Heroes 2 , the Adventure series should DEFINITELY have an Adventure 3 , and maybe they can bring games back for the old consoles , you know , like 360/DSi/ and maybe PS3 too , I guess but this is just an idea though....

Alright
Who the f*** would buy a game for an outdated console!? This isn't the Dreamcast lol
But in all seriousness, it's a terrible idea

Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:49 pm
 [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 169  Next