The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
Peach 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:
The main problems with Peach last demo were the fact that she had low weight and and poor kill potential. Combine that with the fact that the average kill potential for the cast was really high and her bad matchups against the top tiers (lol 0.9a Puff) put her in a pretty bad position. she didn't do that well against the mid tiers either.

This demo fixes most of those bad matchups, she got a bit more kill potential, and a lot of powerful moves (Black Mage's dash attack and U-tilt) got weakened. Its easy to see why she got better. It's the same with Yoshi imo.

Ironically I find Peach has alot less kill potential in 9b than 9a Peach. Right now sweetspotted Usmash can't even kill at 120% when in 9a Usmash no matter where it was hit could reliably kill at like 90%. Down Smash also got nerfed from being able to do up to 40% max to 18% max and now has absolutely no kill potential whatsoever. Also Turnips like Stitch and Kissyface are even harder to pluck now since things such as Cuckoos and Capsules take up Peach's rng space.(Not to mention Peach's Down Spec being nerfed in entirety.)

But nair and fair got better, those were her kill moves last demo too. Idk about uair this demo, last demo it could kill.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Zapperrix wrote:
The main problems with Peach last demo were the fact that she had low weight and and poor kill potential. Combine that with the fact that the average kill potential for the cast was really high and her bad matchups against the top tiers (lol 0.9a Puff) put her in a pretty bad position. she didn't do that well against the mid tiers either.

This demo fixes most of those bad matchups, she got a bit more kill potential, and a lot of powerful moves (Black Mage's dash attack and U-tilt) got weakened. Its easy to see why she got better. It's the same with Yoshi imo.

Ironically I find Peach has alot less kill potential in 9b than 9a Peach. Right now sweetspotted Usmash can't even kill at 120% when in 9a Usmash no matter where it was hit could reliably kill at like 90%. Down Smash also got nerfed from being able to do up to 40% max to 18% max and now has absolutely no kill potential whatsoever. Also Turnips like Stitch and Kissyface are even harder to pluck now since things such as Cuckoos and Capsules take up Peach's rng space.(Not to mention Peach's Down Spec being nerfed in entirety.)

But nair and fair got better, those were her kill moves last demo too. Idk about uair this demo, last demo it could kill.

Her U-air has more range, it can reach through most neutral stage platforms from float cancel.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

An E and two 8 wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Not much tbh: mixups, outprioritizing an opponents attack, but the startup is so long with such little reward its hardly worth it.

Well, sucks to hear, that heart blast it gives is amusing. :P

PeachyKeen wrote:
I know people were mentioning a need for a new peach sprite a while back. I know that the original creator has made this sprite since the original sheet, and was wondering whether or not to contact the devs about using it in place of his original sprite (the one in the game now). I don't know if he had a full sprite sheet or not, or if he was even willing to make a whole sheet. All I know is what's on this page, haha.

http://hans-460.deviantart.com/art/SSF2 ... -348579450

Honestly, I like the current sprite. It looks kinda cute to me. But, wow, this one looks way better. I woudn't mind seeing it in the next version.

Now we're on this topic... Little fun fact: On the intro of SSF2's Ver 0.8, you can actually spot a different sprite for Peach. Look closely at the part where Ichigo attemps to slash her. Just a second before she jumps back to avoid the attack, you'll notice that she's using another sprite!

Oh wow. Never noticed that!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 am
BR Member

Peach mains! Here is my long combo/edgeguard video vs human players!!
YouTube Video:

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:36 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Sorabotics wrote:
Peach mains! Here is my long combo/edgeguard video vs human players!! [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2w-CgVPRng ]

Too epic, am I in this somewhere?
Just curious.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:17 am
BR Member

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Peach mains! Here is my long combo/edgeguard video vs human players!! [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2w-CgVPRng ]

Too epic, am I in this somewhere?
Just curious.

No actually, you're not. Your Fox was too good and I already had too many Fox clips

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:01 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I still don't care for this game's Peach at all. As far as I'm concerned, you are a floater or some modification of turnip user. As a turnip user, I want to feel vindicated in saying that she is garbage in this title according to my playstyle. The turnips are clumsily thrown in tis game and move slowly, her dash attack does not reach, her downtilt feels a little more awkward, as if it has shorter range, she feels slower in runspeed than in official titles and grabbing...meh grabbing is just a bit difficult to do in this game, not really a Peach thing.

As a Pach main in all smash titles that don't have Tails in them, I'm not gonna say I don't have experience with how she works. The developers are doing a very nice job with her float game, but her ground game is the worst of all official and non official titles containing peach in them.

That's my take on her. I'd love to take my official game main on this system, but she's just worse in every way "for me" here :/

Edit: Fixed for bad grammar.

Edit2: On second thought, maybe I'm just complaining about how I'm not good with her in this title. I should actually think a little longer before posting things like this.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:08 pm
BR Member

RemPrower wrote:
I still don't care for this game's Peach at all. As far as I'm concerned, you are a floater or some modification of turnip user. As a turnip user, I want to feel vindicated in saying that she is garbage in this title according to my playstyle. The turnips are clumsily thrown in tis game and move slowly, her dash attack does not reach, her downtilt feels a little more awkward, as if it has shorter range, she feels slower in runspeed than in official titles and grabbing...meh grabbing is just a bit difficult to do in this game, not really a Peach thing.

As a Pach main in all smash titles that don't have Tails in them, I'm not gonna say I don't have experience with how she works. The developers are doing a very nice job with her float game, but her ground game is the worst of all official and non official titles containing peach in them.

That's my take on her. I'd love to take my official game main on this system, but she's just worse in every way "for me" here :/

Edit2: On second thought, maybe I'm just complaining about how I'm not good with her in this title. I should actually think a little longer before posting things like this.

Yeah, but I don't use turnips nearly as much as other Peach mains do, because turnips kinda suck right now. Until they add a dash throw, light throw, etc, turnips will never be as good.

What do you mean by floater? Just that I stay in float all the time? I have to because her dash speed and dash attack are weak, and her float is extremely fast. It is the optimal way for her to move about the stage, do tech chases etc. And the devs will tell you, "You're right, she's not like Melee Peach, she's like SSF2 Peach" because they're not trying to copy and paste from a smash game.

How did you like the vid tho? I was hoping this would get some praise for being vs humans and playing Peach, a relatively underestimated character objectively

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:27 pm

MGN Username: coollogic16
Sorabotics wrote:

Now i feel like using peach. thank you.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:40 pm

I know what you're saying Sora. I'm not trying to disparage float play. I think It's fun. What I'm saying is that as she is she's not really viable using other methods. But that's probably more of an opinion.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:13 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
Sorabotics wrote:
RemPrower wrote:

Yeah, but I don't use turnips nearly as much as other Peach mains do, because turnips kinda suck right now. Until they add a dash throw, light throw, etc, turnips will never be as good.

What do you mean by floater? Just that I stay in float all the time? I have to because her dash speed and dash attack are weak, and her float is extremely fast. It is the optimal way for her to move about the stage, do tech chases etc. And the devs will tell you, "You're right, she's not like Melee Peach, she's like SSF2 Peach" because they're not trying to copy and paste from a smash game.

How did you like the vid tho? I was hoping this would get some praise for being vs humans and playing Peach, a relatively underestimated character objectively

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with both of you here and say that turnips are, in fact, a valuable tool in this game. If you've played me when I'm having a good day you'll know that a decent turnip setup is usually going to be an easy 40+% (#YungAbdalonymus). Furthermore, I believe that peaches turnips are one of the best projectiles in the game, they can let you control the stage and put pressure on your opponent incredibly easily, not to mention their use as edgeguarding tools and ability to rush down an unsuspecting opponent in seconds from across the stage. Whilst I agree with them not being as good as they are in other smash games, I think it's wrong to call them bad in ssf2.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:49 pm
BR Member

ohgosick wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
RemPrower wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with both of you here and say that turnips are, in fact, a valuable tool in this game. If you've played me when I'm having a good day you'll know that a decent turnip setup is usually going to be an easy 40+% (#YungAbdalonymus). Furthermore, I believe that peaches turnips are one of the best projectiles in the game, they can let you control the stage and put pressure on your opponent incredibly easily, not to mention their use as edgeguarding tools and ability to rush down an unsuspecting opponent in seconds from across the stage. Whilst I agree with them not being as good as they are in other smash games, I think it's wrong to call them bad in ssf2.

Well, I will say that turnips are good for limiting recovery options (my favorite being to throw it up to discourage high recoveries). They can also be used to protect yourself against a handicapped opponent and against campers. However, I wish you could do a far throw and a short throw, not just a short/medium length throw

Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:58 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
So on the topic of Peach Bomber I find it to be a pretty decent move for Peach. It's a pretty safe edgeguard/gimp tool and I use it to tech chase characters with slow techs like ZSS. It's priority is pretty meh but I like that the hitbox stays out alittle longer than most people expect it to.

It's also super stylish to land. The only thing that's bad about PB imo is the start up lag, passes through shields, and it can't KO for no reason.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 pm
YIM

Not to mention the short range :/

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:12 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
RemPrower wrote:
Not to mention the short range :/

The range is alright, it could've been as short as melee.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 pm
YIM
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next