The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
ZERO_OR wrote:
After looking t Peach today on stream, it got me thinking. I like her new design, but she looks so thin. I am not saying that she is fat in the main games, but her dress looks less curvy.

However it does show her actual thin self that we see in the Mario striker games.

I kind of agree with this statement because her idle animation makes her dress look thin. And I kind of wished her head look a bit more bigger since in the actual games her head wasn't that tiny. But then again the spriters did their best so I'm fine with it at the same time.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:44 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
After looking t Peach today on stream, it got me thinking. I like her new design, but she looks so thin. I am not saying that she is fat in the main games, but her dress looks less curvy.

However it does show her actual thin self that we see in the Mario striker games.

I kind of agree with this statement because her idle animation makes her dress look thin. And I kind of wished her head look a bit more bigger since in the actual games her head wasn't that tiny. But then again the spriters did their best so I'm fine with it at the same time.

Yeah her head gets me as well along with her booty. I mean it's Peach's booty, its supposed to be big. :colonthree: Also the way she moves in the air kinda gets me off a little bit.

I mean I prefer this over the old Peach, but it just looks so off. Compared to the other characters with custom made sprites, Peach looks a lot less than she does in the main Super Smash Bros. games and even in most of the main Mario games. I mean look at Mario in Brawl and Smash 4, Link in Brawl and Smash 4, Samus in Brawl and Marth in Melee and Brawl. If you compare their sprite designs to the designs that they were based off of, you can see that they could be possibly ported copies of 3D models into sprites.

From looking up the different photos of Peach, I see her new design is closer to an appearance she has in a Mario spin off game than in the main series or the main Smash games.
For me this looks closer to the new sprited Peach.

However, I do love the new design. I thank Elvis ditto and Zero Intensity for their hard work on it.

Also when Beta comes, I will most likely get over these problems. The special effects when getting hit when v0.9b was first shown kinda looked weird to me, but I got used to them. It is now the same with the effects in Beta.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:13 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I like slim Peach, her sprites look more in style with the other human characters.

So lets talk about DEM BUFFS :drool:

Her grab looks longer, but her throw game looks even more amazing. Uthrow and Dthrow combo, Fthrow and Bthrow kill.

FAIR is finally a real kill move. It killed on stream on average of 100-110%

Her dsmash looks weird. It's not melee's grinder but it's like Samus' dsmash yet still has multiple hits.

Also did anyone else notice she's like the slowest character on the ground, but lightning fast in the air?

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:40 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Shine wrote:
I like slim Peach, her sprites look more in style with the other human characters.

So lets talk about DEM BUFFS :drool:

Her grab looks longer, but her throw game looks even more amazing. Uthrow and Dthrow combo, Fthrow and Bthrow kill.

FAIR is finally a real kill move. It killed on stream on average of 100-110%

Her dsmash looks weird. It's not melee's grinder but it's like Samus' dsmash yet still has multiple hits.

Also did anyone else notice she's like the slowest character on the ground, but lightning fast in the air?

Yeah With custom made sprites comes better htibox placement.

Up throw and down throw already combo, well at least up throw does a better job at it. Forward throw is a kill throw this demo and so is fair.

Hmmmm

Yeah that's Peach, poor ground mobility, but good air speed.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:05 am

I managed to get an Oddish in training mode, I tested it a bit and here are the damage calculations (If I'm not wrong).

Base Damage: 3% or 5% damage?
Poison : Does 2% damage every second, total damage would be 22% or 24% (depending on the base damage when calculated and minus off from total)
Total damage : 27% damage overall

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Oddish is the best turnip :pikachu:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:14 am
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Can someone test if the poison stacks (e.g., can I just spam throw and regrab while insta-floating and cause 100%?)?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:39 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Can someone test if the poison stacks (e.g., can I just spam throw and regrab while insta-floating and cause 100%?)?

No, it just resets the current poison timer.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:13 am
BR Member

A man can dream. *sigh*

I guess I should contribute something to the thread. Can float-cancelled dair infinite at higher percents (e.g., get all the hits before the one that pops you up, insta-float, repeat)?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:04 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
A man can dream. *sigh*

I guess I should contribute something to the thread. Can float-cancelled dair infinite at higher percents (e.g., get all the hits before the one that pops you up, insta-float, repeat)?

Doubt it, if the person has good enough DI they should be able to get out of it. However, I have wondered the same thing, it does work if you do a few dairs in a row, but online makes it hard to do multiple in a row.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:32 pm

tW|Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
A man can dream. *sigh*

Doubt it, if the person has good enough DI they should be able to get out of it. However, I have wondered the same thing, it does work if you do a few dairs in a row, but online makes it hard to do multiple in a row.

I've sort of done that against a Fox using the last hit and then quickly re-float-cancel and dair-ing again to force my opponent to get up. But I'm pretty sure there is a small timing where they can escape by teching the floor if I'm right. (or I'm just confused here)

edit: Well I don't want to double post but I managed to get some neat(or useless) data on Peach's down b pulls.

peachs downb: show
Beam Sword:
-Deceiving range (no actual hitboxes at the very end of it) > Possibly scare people off?
-Normal Attack(Jab, dtilt, ftilt) does 5% damage, hitbox ends off at the triangle light green part. Knockback in between low and average.
-Smash Attack(F-Smash) does 8% damage uncharged, 12% damage charged and hitbox ends off at the sparkle. The hitbox and move sticks out a bit long as well. Has average knockback. Doesn't really kill lol.
-A thrown beam sword does 6% damage, interesting knockback that is the same of the smash-attack somehow. Beam sword may disappear after throwing if you hold onto it for too long(unsure about the duration). Can only be thrown with grab and directional input buttons.
-The moves listed above can't be used unless you drop your beam sword.
-You can't use c-stick for your down smash and upsmash, however, directional inputs + jab/attack button can be still used for downsmash and upsmash.
-Utilt is fine, the hearts yayyyy.

Bob-omb:
-27% damage, high knockback.
-Goes fast and the distance is estimated to be around half of final destination. (If to be exact, it'd be slightly smaller than the length of half of final destination.)
-C-stick, jab/attack, grab+directional input are ways to throw it.
-Apparently dropping it with the grab/attack+shield button does nothing to you and the opponent except make you go into the "get-hit" animation and the sound(which doesn't seem to play every single time) plays accordingly with it.

Mr. Saturn:
-6% damage and then 5% onwards??? (It stales?? wot) Low knockback.
-Does about 1/3 of shield damage. Works well with dair shield pressure I suppose?
-You can Peach Bomber it for no reason.
-Walks on the stage, you can hit Mr. Saturn to turn him the other direction opposite to the one he was walking towards.
-Cute.

Cucco:
-5% damage and then 4% damage onwards? (It stales too, well somehow). Low knockback.
-Walks on the stage, hitting it changes direction.
-Not sure about how much damage or how many hits it takes to become enraged.
-A possible strategy is to place it at the ledge as a "mine"?
-When it gets hit by quite a lot sometimes instead of turning into a massive cucco party(scary stuff), it rather just walks around the stage flapping it's wings and dealing damage of about 3% to 5%. Disappears during said duration.
-When held while in the air, it slows down fall speed. But you can't use any aerial except throwing the cucco away first. Floating isn't affected.
-Annoying sound that can annoy your friends!!!!
-Hilarious.

Normal/Exploding Capsule:
>Both

>Normal Capsule
-Does 9% damage, minimal knockback, items won't appear from it if items aren't on.
-I do remember pulling this out before without any item coming out, but just to be sure can you still pull this out even with all items(including the pills off) right...?

>Exploding Capsule
-Does this thing even get pulled from Peach?
-ehh well if it does, then it does 24% damage with high knockback.

Gave up trying to get oddish but I guess I kinda have that data above already though. I wanted to get exact values since I realised you could lower down the speed and look at the damage values more properly.

Additional:
Stitch Face - 36% damage, high knockback. (pulled this thing out when I just got back from dinner to test the above pulls lol, not to mention first try too e_e spooky.)

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:23 am

I don't know if it's just me but whenever I down throw someone with Peach, it sends them flying upwards with a very very very slight tilt to the back of peach. But when I test this out on a CPU in training mode it sends them at an angle behind peach and diagonally but very far away before peach can ever chase after. I don't think DI has to do that much of the angle of the down throw but it's very weird to me.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:55 am
BR Member

CPU's always DI in, but I think you trick them into DI'ing out for that throw.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:51 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
CPU's always DI in, but I think you trick them into DI'ing out for that throw.

Well uh.. I tested this on a non-controlled player(not CPU) in a normal 1v1 mode(not training mode) with no timelimit. Apparently it sends at a pretty bad angle for you to catch up or follow up. Unless your opponent has bad DI. At most you can only catch up with a bair :\.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:23 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
So I used to think Peach's resprite was pretty cool, but not really necessary.
Then I saw Peach's 0.9b idle.
The ultimate shrug.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next