The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 am

[ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
Best Players to Learn From For Each Character 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Appley wrote:
When's my ness blessing from god cleod.

Ask not what the noble Cleod9 can do for you, mortal. You, like the rest of us, are merely loyal subjects under his watchful eye. All Hail Cleod9!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:36 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
AfroWarrior wrote:
I feel as if the list should represent the cream of the crop for those who have absolutely mastered every aspect of the character.

Then 70% of the listed people shouldn't be represented.
In my opinion , this should represent the players who are best at this character.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:49 pm

MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
135 wrote:
[TSON] for Zero Suit Samus, IMO.

http://hypest.challonge.com/HSSF2BW214

Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
That... Really doesn't mean anything. TSON knows just as much about ZSS as you do, so tournament ranking don't mean anything.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:25 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In this matter, performance speaks more volume than skill and knowledge.

But even then, I haven't seen anything skill-base or performance-base from TSON shows he's better or as good as Kyoz. Where does that notion even come from?

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:51 pm

MGN Username: Chaunch
I believe Miracle--7 has a nice MK, so maybe he can be added to that list MK

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:34 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
tbh I don't think online mode results mean much
sure it helps your argument, but it' pretty weak evidence imo.

that being said, if this were a list for the best players for certain characters in online mode, then I shouldn't even be listed.
s*** hinders me 90% of the time, and most characters that I use become muuuuch harder to win with because of online mode latency (and most characters other people play as become much better because of online mode lag, not matter how much there is)

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:36 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
TacThree wrote:

that being said, if this were a list for the best players for certain characters in online mode, then I shouldn't even be listed.
s#%$& hinders me 90% of the time, and most characters that I use become muuuuch harder to win with because of online mode latency (and most characters other people play as become much better because of online mode lag, not matter how much there is)

Tac3 I hate to say it but I dont think this game will ever have an offline scene

Online tournaments are always gonna be the best show of skill that ssf2 will have imo

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:32 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Jammy wrote:
TacThree wrote:

s#%$& hinders me 90% of the time, and most characters that I use become muuuuch harder to win with because of online mode latency (and most characters other people play as become much better because of online mode lag, not matter how much there is)

Tac3 I hate to say it but I dont think this game will ever have an offline scene

Online tournaments are always gonna be the best show of skill that ssf2 will have imo

oh I'm aware of that lol
still not 101% accepting of it, but oh well
probably gonna be the thing that ends up making me disappear lol

but I was getting more at the fact that not everyone i as good as they could be due to online mode issues being a sort of middle-man
like, Tson may not be considered a top ZSS player by the likes of Kyoz (who happens to be considered best ZSS player online and that actually attends tournaments and stuff)
but if I were trying to learn how to use ZSS, I'd rather go to Tson before anyone else, and then develop a style based off of the fundamentals he teaches and whatnot.
Because, even if not that many people know it, knowledge i actually power in a ranking such as this. the whole point of thi list (as far a I know) is that it's to list off players that are really good and/or knowledgeable of a certain character so that players (regardless of being new or old) have someone to ask questions to and look to for advice.
the last things I'd want to see is people replicating the same crap another person does... honestly not how Smash in general should be played, in my eyes.

only reason I'm considered "good" and placed on this list is because I'm either overhyped (thanks to SS) or because I'm fun to play against because I try unorthodox things that are still viable enough options for people to use on a decently competitive level, and I could/would/should teach a few tricks to people if they ask. If this were a list to determine who is the best actual player for each character regarding tournament results and stuff like that, then I wouldn't be shocked if I were removed from the list (and would prefer it actually), because the only positive thing I have backing me up there is a tiny national tournament that I won in Indiana over the summer that would honestly (and still does) mean nothing due to the direction this game is going competitively.
So yea, if this list is in total reference to players being good at playing characters solely based off of online rankings and results, then remove me ASAP, because I'm clearly not qualified tbh (plus, I'm inactive in regards to online mode standards anyway the way I view my situation).

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Great writeup man. Agree with everything you said in that - and I definitely agree that this thread should be a resource for learning instead of a 'hall of fame'. Put players on there that show good fundamentals, decision making and such. Not sure if I qualify but who honestly cares. Its about the community.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:55 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
Jammy wrote:
I definitely agree that this thread should be a resource for learning instead of a 'hall of fame'. Put players on there that show good fundamentals, decision making and such.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Jammy wrote:
good fundamentals

rip.zip doq

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:02 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Jammy wrote:
Great writeup man. Agree with everything you said in that - and I definitely agree that this thread should be a resource for learning instead of a 'hall of fame'. Put players on there that show good fundamentals, decision making and such. Not sure if I qualify but who honestly cares. Its about the community.

Agreed, putting our names up on this thread is an implicit hall of fame in of itself, it might as well serve the purpose to provide helpful resources for others.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:13 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:

So when I link a vid for the player, I'm going to ask that a person link a match/set, not a combo video. So save your replays and record! If your computer is a potato I can probably help with the recording. Mistakes are allowed (the game doesn't need to be perfect, in fact it shouldn't be), it even shows what you do when you are at the disadvantage (offstage, laying down).

We'll also want to keep this list updated for major revisions. Current, Beta, any others before the final release, and the the final release.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:40 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
I believe me and sorab have a Bo3/5 or something on his yt channel, it's a bit old, but it shows a lot of what peach can do.

We should prob do another serious series sometime.

EDIT - found it, not exactly happy with how I played in this vid, regardless, here you go:
YouTube Video:

EDIT 2 - sorab has a good taste in music, js

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:58 pm
 [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next