The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 12:48 am

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
It also doesn't work. Marth snaps to the edge fast enough in most cases, and while in Melee you can grab the edge during the fall, in ssf2 you cannot grab the ledge during that type of fall animation. You'd have to have a move that snaps to the edge within 2 frames of falling off the edge.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:54 pm
BR Member

Hence why it doesnt happen like ever
Jammy claims up and down that he managed to pull it off, which lead to the impractical statement

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:17 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Jammy wrote:
Lloyd's recovery is actually very strong in 0.9b if he can make it back (hard to edgeguard due to hitboxes out the entire time + able to attack after upB). It also has good horizontal length with Rising Falcon, making his recovery better than it should be in comparison to his onstage game imo.

If his onstage game continues to be as strong as it was in 0.9b I don't believe that Lloyd deserves Rising Falcon as a recovery option.

The use of DAir to recover was very situational to begin with. This statement is garbage.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:15 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
DucKi wrote:
Hence why it doesnt happen like ever
Jammy claims up and down that he managed to pull it off, which lead to the impractical statement

marth killer -> quick aerial works for sure. you don't always have to grab edge.

DarkSwiftN wrote:
The use of DAir to recover was very situational to begin with. This statement is garbage.

play someone who knows how to recovery with Lloyd (read: Lunary) and say that again.

or maybe back your statements up with explanation? idk just a thought.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Then thats not the Marth killer :P

And the other thing is that Marth snaps to the ledge so fast (if he sweetspotted) that only something that comes out almost immediately works, and in order to do that you'd have to buffer an aerial out of shield during the shieldlag so you don't grab in place.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:22 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
How is dair situational? Unless you are below the edge, it's really almost always OK to use.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:45 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Jammy wrote:
play someone who knows how to recovery with Lloyd (read: Lunary) and say that again.

*reads again*

Aw, come on, am I really that bad at recovering? :eew:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Rising Falcon is pretty easy to see coming. Whether a given character can punish it off-stage is another matter, but the fact remains that despite Lloyd's recovery being better than anticipated, it is still incredibly linear and predictable. I don't disagree with the removal of Rising Falcon, especially if his new Dair is to be more offense-friendly, but without its presence to aid his return to the stage, Lloyd will likely have a recovery worse than that of Melee Falco.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:30 pm

New Lloyd feels pretty good. His recovery got gutted, but as I had been told time and time again over the weekend, this is a wet build for him, and is far from final. His new DAir grants him more variety in kill power, while his other killing moves received nerfs. (So more options, less power) Up-B still has great potential on-stage, and now has a reliable kill follow-up with Down-Air when used wisely. Sonic Thrust still has active frames to death. Grave Blade can combo with new Dair. F-Throw still kills. Rising Falcon is out, but I have a feeling final build will have it back in somehow, I trust the devs, since they're all nice people. I feel UP-B will get some kind of buff, since Lloyd now has the second weakest recovery now. (Bowser is like classic Melee) His Up-tilt still can pseudo -DACUS and can be used to kill. Overall his staples are present, with new variety, but currently no Rising Falcon. He's a strong character, don't sleep on the new build.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:17 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Pokepen
Currently Playing: SSBM, Project M, Super Meat Boy, SSF2
Waifu: none of ur business
rising falcon, at least in v0.9b, gets about all of it's landing lag cancelled if you do it out of Tiger Blade. I hope the new dair has excessive landing lag so I can apply gimmicks

I might switch mains If I don't like the Lloyd changes

:metaknight: :pikachu:

Twitch.tv/pokepen - I need to stream sometime

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:52 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
this build is designed in a way that we think should make everyone comfortable enough to pick up the character and learn a bit and be really good. it's got some spice but he still plays like lloyd unless you were abusing the things that were silly before and not doing anything else

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:10 am

MGN Username: EpsilonVigil
Currently Playing: SSF2, Tales of Xillia
Am I the only one that doesn't like Lloyd's new appearance in the upcoming version? I guess the look and of Lloyd himself looks good and so does the smoother animation but it's just the swords that bother me. They don't look as aesthetic and they're not held at angles properly, and the sword swing effect doesn't look that good either.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:15 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Jammy wrote:
I think his previous recovery was way too good. Very hard to intercept, can end his recovery with a fair or uair to 100% cover ledge and has a very large horizontal distance with upB + dair combo.
This was unbalanced imo due to his already great stage presence (amazing combo game, disjoint, speed and projectile).

A nerf to his recovery was definitely in order. I think perhaps his upB could use a little more horizontal and vertical height to compensate, but not too much.

If his stage presence is so great, how is nerfing his already bad recovery logical? Wouldn't it make more sense to nerf a factor of his stage presence e.g. his movement speed?

His recovery was bad in 09b and that's fine. Each character should have their pros and cons. But nerfing what is already such a huge con for a character was an awful decision on MG's part.

Although I do agree that giving more vertical and horizontal height to his Up B would compensate for the D Air change.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 am
SSF2 Developer

TheHyuga360 wrote:
Jammy wrote:
I think his previous recovery was way too good. Very hard to intercept, can end his recovery with a fair or uair to 100% cover ledge and has a very large horizontal distance with upB + dair combo.
This was unbalanced imo due to his already great stage presence (amazing combo game, disjoint, speed and projectile).

A nerf to his recovery was definitely in order. I think perhaps his upB could use a little more horizontal and vertical height to compensate, but not too much.

If his stage presence is so great, how is nerfing his already bad recovery logical? Wouldn't it make more sense to nerf a factor of his stage presence e.g. his movement speed?

His recovery was bad in 09b and that's fine. Each character should have their pros and cons. But nerfing what is already such a huge con for a character was an awful decision on MG's part.

Although I do agree that giving more vertical and horizontal height to his Up B would compensate for the D Air change.

If a characters good onstage game is nerfed but their bad recovery remains the same, you get Falco in smash 4. Compare him from brawl to Smash 4.

Sure his onstage game can be ridiculously safe (I think those things need to change), but his recovery needs some tweaks (not outright nerfs). He is losing Rising Falcon, so perhaps give his up-b more length (as suggested by others) but do something about the fact that it is hard to challenge.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Phoenix Wright wrote:
If a characters good onstage game is nerfed but their bad recovery remains the same, you get Falco in smash 4. Compare him from brawl to Smash 4.

Sure his onstage game can be ridiculously safe (I think those things need to change), but his recovery needs some tweaks (not outright nerfs). He is losing Rising Falcon, so perhaps give his up-b more length (as suggested by others) but do something about the fact that it is hard to challenge.

That seems fair. MgamingCleod Pls do dis pls

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:55 am
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 43  Next