The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next
Fox 

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
How To Shine
-----------------
Some Fox mains tend to multishine at times in battle either if it's for pressurizing your opponents.

Some of them tend of tap their down button, b button, and tap jump all at the same time.

There's an easier way.

You hold down the down button (I use a keyboard btw), then you tap jump and press down b at the same time, quickly.

I'm certain that Pro Fox Mains know this but hey, the more you know.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:15 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Pokepen
Currently Playing: SSBM, Project M, Super Meat Boy, SSF2
Waifu: none of ur business
1smash18 wrote:
How To Shine
-----------------
Some Fox mains tend to multishine at times in battle either if it's for pressurizing your opponents.

Some of them tend of tap their down button, b button, and tap jump all at the same time.

There's an easier way.

You hold down the down button (I use a keyboard btw), then you tap jump and press down b at the same time, quickly.

[ Image ]

It doesn't specifically use tap jump.

this works because of a buffer. No idea how large SSF2's buffer is. probably 10 frames because sm4sh and brawl have that.

:metaknight: :pikachu:

Twitch.tv/pokepen - I need to stream sometime

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Pokepen wrote:
1smash18 wrote:
How To Shine
-----------------

There's an easier way.

[ Image ]

this works because of a buffer. No idea how large SSF2's buffer is. probably 10 frames because sm4sh and brawl have that.

SSF2's "buffer" is not like the other smash games. You can't pre-input moves 10 frames in advance and have it come out on the first possible frame. In SSF2, if you pre-hold a bufferable action, THEN it will come out on the first possible frame. Most moves can be buffered in this fashion. So what happens here is during jumpsquat the player holds down+B, so they are buffering. Then, on the first frame possible (the first frame airborne), they will shine.

I might just make a video explaining how buffering works in SSF2.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:33 pm

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
Godot wrote:
Pokepen wrote:
1smash18 wrote:
How To Shine
-----------------

There's an easier way.

[ Image ]

SSF2's "buffer" is not like the other smash games. You can't pre-input moves 10 frames in advance and have it come out on the first possible frame. In SSF2, if you pre-hold a bufferable action, THEN it will come out on the first possible frame. Most moves can be buffered in this fashion. So what happens here is during jumpsquat the player holds down+B, so they are buffering. Then, on the first frame possible (the first frame airborne), they will shine.

I might just make a video explaining how buffering works in SSF2.

I'll be looking forward to that.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:36 am

MGN Username: GreeNinja
Currently Playing: Beta or TF2
Fox's up smash uncharged and fully charged kill percents (represented by fully charged%/uncharged%) on :jigglypuff:, :mario:, and :donkeykong:. These percents represent my results in training mode on the Pokemon Stadium 3 stage with the CPU set to idle. I am aware that there are two strong hitboxes on Fox's up smash that differ in damage by one percent, I will be using the 32%/17% hitbox, not the 31%/16% one.
:jigglypuff: 13%/65%
:mario: 29%/95%
:donkeykong: 39%/114%

The moral of this post is don't miss a rest.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TzOG C
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, SSBB,
Right now I'm in the middle of testing out at how high of a percent Fox can Upthrow-Upair all characters with a buffered jump (not including DJ, DJ extends the percentage more, will test that later). Right now I'm doing it with the CPU set at jump at 1/2x and 1/4x speed. I don't know if Jump set CPU will jump out of hitstun as soon as possible tho'.

"Anyone can KNOW everything, few can LEARN everything." ~Me...hopefully lol

The colors don't represent the character's default colors, rather they represent my chosen colors for them.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:03 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
TzOG C wrote:
Right now I'm in the middle of testing out at how high of a percent Fox can Upthrow-Upair all characters with a buffered jump (not including DJ, DJ extends the percentage more, will test that later). Right now I'm doing it with the CPU set at jump at 1/2x and 1/4x speed. I don't know if Jump set CPU will jump out of hitstun as soon as possible tho'.

A CPU set to jump will literally mash jump so it should.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:12 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
This is kinda embarrassing, but how do you JC utilt out of shine! I can do it OoS, but Shine is screwing me up.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
This is kinda embarrassing, but how do you JC utilt out of shine! I can do it OoS, but Shine is screwing me up.

You do it the same way. jump -> up tilt.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:57 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TzOG C
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, SSBB,
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

The way Agate told me to (much love Agate, lol) is to hold a specific direction while you Shine-Utilt, that'll make it easier to Utilt OoShine then just end up doing an UpAir OoShine.

"Anyone can KNOW everything, few can LEARN everything." ~Me...hopefully lol

The colors don't represent the character's default colors, rather they represent my chosen colors for them.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:11 pm
BR Member

I've been criticizing other people enough for their changelists, so let's do one of my own!

Buffs:

• Uthrow -> uair works on slightly more characters with slightly more lenient percentages.
  • Dthrow goes slightly in front of Fox regardless of DI (e.g., angle tweaked). Does more damage.
  • Walking speed improved.
  • Fair has slightly more hitstun.
  • Lasers reverted to Melee stats.
  • Uair's KB base slightly reduced, and KB growth slightly increased (so it kills earlier and chains better at earlier percents, but very subtly)
  • Jab's hitstun and KB increase faster.

Nerfs:

• Uthrow can be DI'd like a normal move. Note that in order for the previous buff to be in place this requires tweaking of the KB base and growth.
  • Bair has more hitboxes: a strong initial one across his body, a semi-strong later hitbox near his feet, and a very weak hitbox right in the center of Fox's body. This has some benefits, but I'm calling it a nerf.
  • Usmash's power slightly reduced.
  • Firefox takes a few more frames to activate.
  • Fox Illusion hitbox priority reduced, one frame added to startup.
  • Dtilt range slightly reduced.
  • Traction increased slightly.

Neutral:

• "Come on!" taunt added.

What are your thoughts?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:59 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I've been criticizing other people enough for their changelists, so let's do one of my own!

Buffs:

• Uthrow -> uair works on slightly more characters with slightly more lenient percentages.
  • Dthrow goes slightly in front of Fox regardless of DI (e.g., angle tweaked). Does more damage.
  • Walking speed improved. He already has the fastest walking speed in the game.
  • Fair has slightly more hitstun. I like this and less landing lag.
  • Lasers reverted to Melee stats.
  • Uair's KB base slightly reduced, and KB growth slightly increased (so it kills earlier and chains better at earlier percents, but very subtly)
  • Jab's hitstun and KB increase faster. I want this for the majority of the cast

Nerfs:

• Uthrow can be DI'd like a normal move. Note that in order for the previous buff to be in place this requires tweaking of the KB base and growth.
  • Bair has more hitboxes: a strong initial one across his body, a semi-strong later hitbox near his feet, and a very weak hitbox right in the center of Fox's body. This has some benefits, but I'm calling it a nerf.
  • Usmash's power slightly reduced. I am okay with the way it is now. It was weakened from last demo and this one is fine. Most characters can survive around the 70 to around 90% marks if they D.I. really well.
  • Firefox takes a few more frames to activate. If this is the case, it would be more gimpilbe. I would like an increase on distance and ledge sweet spotting to compensate for this.
  • Fox Illusion hitbox priority reduced, one frame added to startup. I would rather keep it the way it is instead of it being nerfed. Like I said before, it has more flaws then it has advantages.
  • Dtilt range slightly reduced. I think it's fine when compared to other poke down tilts.
  • Traction increased slightly. I think his traction was already increased this demo.

Neutral:

• "Come on!" taunt added.

What are your thoughts?

Some of the nerfs you gave to Fox, already happened to the character.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:19 pm
BR Member

I don't know anything about Beta, so this may reflect the character in Beta. If you're talking about v0.9a to v0.9b, I don't see how that has any bearing on what happens in Beta.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:31 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I don't know anything about Beta, so this may reflect the character in Beta. If you're talking about v0.9a to v0.9b, I don't see how that has any bearing on what happens in Beta.

>.>

<.<

Ummm no one, but the devs know anything about Beta.

What I was getting at was why to keep giving the same nerfs he already received this demo and add them again to Beta.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:41 pm
BR Member

It's not like they haven't told us anything about Beta, so I thought maybe someone who saw the APEX build or just looked very closely at the trailers would know.

What happened in v0.9a doesn't have any impact on what should be done now. Usmash is still a little too strong for my taste. I'd still appreciate a little bit of added walking speed, etc.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:10 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next