The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:25 pm

[ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
The Awakening: Exodus 
Site Admin

Yay a profile ^.^ Just a few things to fix up though

1) You need to describe the appearance better you can't just make an assumption that we know which parts are mixed and which parts aren't. Either write a description, or get a single picture.
2) Your biography needs to be longer, describe his childhood up until his 16th year since that's not a very long time anyways. I need enough information to adequately tie your character into the story. So mysterious pasts don't cut it.
3) All whips are vine-like...Is it a whip made of plant or a green whip?
4) No super powered skills, I meant as in social skills or other interesting talents such as an excellent memory or speed reading or a persuasive talker. Everyone is still human no floating or jumping really high...unless perchance they happen to do gymnastics and they're good at jumping.

Fix these up and you'll probably be accepted no problem

Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
As King of RP I will join.

User Name: Whimzer/Whimskull/Whimmy

Character Name: Pitre Koomi

Appearance: Pitre's eyes are a shade of green that reflects the murky depths of a marsh, bog, or bayou. His rigid facial structure carves out deep pits of eye sockets with brown brows vaulted above like a precarious cliff. His hair is the same as his brows, brown, and grows untamed and his facial hair covers a majority of his lower face, unshaven, yet not thick. There is slight muscular build around his arms, but the most of his body doesn't have a significant amount of muscle mass. His clothing consists of a olive green, military-esque vest that smells of rotting flesh along with pants and boots, all obviously from a complete set he looted from the deceased.

Personality: Pitre is not too stable mentally. He isn't a full blown sociopath, but he definitely is far enough out there to not be considered normal. He usually lives outside from society, feeding on whatever he kills, be it an animal or human (it is unknown how much radiation or other harmful poisons have entered his body through this). His grasp of civilization is minimal at best, and his speaking skills are hampered by his lack of socially provoked cognitive growth, limiting him to a sort of primitive level of understanding. However, this does not mean that he is mentally slow, just that he cannot act with normal social functions as normal humans do. He kills when he finds it necessary and thinks of it in the most primitive aspect of survivalism; it was either the enemy or him.

Biography: Born in some now unknown, backwoods area located in the South of a now long forgotten province, Pitre was a backwoods hick raised by backwards people with no connection to society. His largely inbred family killed things, cooked them until they were unrecognizable, and then ate them, but some meals tasted significantly different than all others, and he never completely understood until he was older. The first ten years of his life were nothing to note of, the same routine day in and day out. When he was coming of age, the family had a twisted ritual where they killed the "prime meat" as celebration. Pitre understood. They were cannibals, but the excuse was that they did only when necessary, when animals were not salvageable. When he was sixteen, he left for no reason. He left the woods and found his way into some industrial docks, slipping through a hole in the fence. Upon taking a wrong turn, he ended up on a ship out towards some land he he knew nothing of (Europe).
He slipped into another forest and wandered aimlessly for years. All that time nothing of importance happened. He killed a variety of creatures and ate them, including one unknown soldier whom he looted most of his items from, but otherwise, he did not incite much aggression, despite his personality. The end happened when he was in his late thirties, but he was oblivious to it's occurrence. He encountered strange, unnatural incidents at the time, but thought nothing of it, expecting it to be the land he still did not understand. He never met any being with mental abilities, so he never knew of his own ability at all. Perhaps now it will manifest itself.

Weapon(s): Assault rifle (pretty generic because I don't think the make matters too much), combat knife

Current Item(s): Canteen

Mental Ability?: Voipath

Skill: Skilled at not possessing any unique skills

Current Location:

Always wanted to do some inbred redneck-type character.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 pm
Site Admin

OMG I actually gasped out loud when you revealed that they were occasional cannibals. Added~

Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Quote:
Character Profile
User Name: ThaiberiumSS (yes, I'm plural now)

Character Name: Frank Chase

Appearance: As far as skin colour goes, Frank edges more towards a mix of olive and yellow than plain white. His eyes are the colour of well aged wood, much like his hair, which seems black at first but in sufficient lighting turns a very light brown. His facial features are not noteworthy save for his slightly rectangular jaw. On him he wears a white linen shirt with a collar underneath a black vest whose inside lining was red. His pants were made of similar cloth and colour to his vest. All this wrapped up by an unassuming grey long coat topped with a similarly grey wide-brimmed hat. His feet had shoes made of leather. Physically speaking, he was a relatively fit man yet he was no athlete so his build was rather normal for a man his age though his age may be starting to show.

Personality: Frank is a curious fellow with a quick mouth and wit to match. Most of the time, he knows how to keep his mouth shut but if given the opportunity to speak, he tends to go a bit overboard, annoying whoever is in earshot. His talkativeness reflects his attention to detail that his curiosity picks up on. Of course, when drunk, he tends to be very quiet and brooding, the opposite of his usual character. He also likes plays on words.

Biography: Frank was born in one the major settlements of the new world, his ancestry hailing from the long sunken Britain. There was always something going on and Frank, as a child would often go running around finding out why, how and so on. He was soon known as the local snoop as a kid growing up, knowing what was going on and who was doing what. This vast network of relationships and information was part of the reason why he ended up being a talkative fellow. Usually, Frank never really offered a price for his services, relying instead on informal agreements and reciprocity to keep his network alive. He's had dealings with major people of note and even anyone who've known him for a little bit of him will probably turn to whoever is next to them and say, "There goes Frank Chase chasing up another lead again." Given the nature of his work, Frank had to develop an impeccable capacity for retention of information to supplement is supposedly natural talent at finding out information. Little did anyone know, he was really a "Mental", more specifically, an Alitheopath. This is a fact that he only keeps hidden if he can to by simply by not talking about "Mentals". To supplement his repertoire, Frank has picked up or at least, can imitate, various skills and tricks from his extended association with individuals of dubious legality.

Weapon(s): Information is his weapon but when that fails, he has a knife the size of his middle finger up his sleeve.

Current Item(s): A pocket note pad and writing implement in his breast pocket. You never know when you need to jot something down, or when some loon will try to stab you through the heart.

Mental Ability: Alitheopath

Skill: Developed information retention, he can remember a lot of things. Undeveloped alcohol retention, he can drink half a bar under the table given they start at the same time. Average at best imitation of combat forms and parlour tricks, an old card game named Mahjong is speciality though.

Current Location: (Don't fill this in, I'll be taking care of this.)

Fri May 06, 2011 6:53 am
Site Admin

Added~ ^.^

Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 am

User Name: Sayonara

Character Name: India Soulonas

Appearance: India's hair is best described as unkempt. He has huge, unnerving eyes that are gray like fog and has a long, thin nose. His beard is pointy in various spots and asymmetrical. He is very tall, but seems like he could collapse any moment because of his long, weak limbs. He wears a white shirt and a pair of black pants underneath an overcoat stained with dust.

Personality: India reacts to things in nonsensical ways, such as completely ignoring important information or being overcome with shock because of useless information. This is because he suffers from severe schizophrenia and unceasingly cannot interpret reality correctly or behave appropriately. Unfortunately, he is also painfully aware of this, making him even more unstable. On the occasion that he is not having a psychotic episode he can be reasonably intelligent and friendly.
India has no control over his power as a psemapath which is constantly in use, meaning everyone around him will see what he sees at that moment. Since he is already insane, his mind cannot break and the mental load of creating illusions for multiple observers only makes him more maniacal.

Biography: India is the child of a rape victim of another schizophrenic man. He was shortly abandoned after his birth and forced to care for himself. His schizophrenia developed as he reached adulthood, where he noticed people beginning acting strangely around him. He soon realized that only the ones near him would notice what he could see and look bewildered, or occasionally even panic. As a result, India ostracized himself from human contact for as long as he could and survived solely on fruit and vegetables, because animals would become nightmarish monsters in his eyes whenever he tried to kill one.

Weapon(s): None

Current Item(s): A rope and a rock with a smiley face scrawled on it

Mental Ability?: Psemapath, powerful enough to simulate touch

Skill: Ability to thoroughly confuse people

Current Location: wow kiki thanks for taking care of this section for me that's a load off my shoulders

Last edited by {420}sMoKeWeEd{420} on Fri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:18 pm

what the f*** thai stole my age

Fri May 06, 2011 5:47 pm
Site Admin

lmao there can be multiple people of the same age. Woo crazy guy~

Anywho added.

Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Quick suggestion for the Psemapath abuse consequences. They should fall in to coma and be unable to realise they are in one until they figure it out themselves. Essentially a lotus eater machine I guess. What kind of vision they see in the coma is based on their personality. This should disallow characters like Sayo to be able to f*** anyone else over without some kind of negative consequence.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:49 pm
Site Admin

Yup that sounds reasonable, also I guess I'll wait until around tomorrow or Monday before I start the RP. Any other abilities that don't seem to be balanced out feel free to mention.

Sat May 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Meh I already have a character planned out but I don't feel like writing...

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 07, 2011 6:11 pm
YIM WWW

quick suggestion for alitheopaths in general
they should have a heart attack and die when they get past the age of 30

Sat May 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Sayo that sounds suspiciously like a Jesus reference

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Blast. It seems as though Sayo has beaten me to the punch in creating a psemapath character.

Now I have to think of another idea...

Edit: What exactly is the difference between a telepath and an exapath? Couldn't a telepath that knows hypnosis essentially function as both?

Sat May 07, 2011 8:22 pm
Site Admin

Brikmaethor wrote:
Blast. It seems as though Sayo has beaten me to the punch in creating a psemapath character.

Now I have to think of another idea...

Edit: What exactly is the difference between a telepath and an exapath? Couldn't a telepath that knows hypnosis essentially function as both?

Telepaths can simply deliver/receive thoughts, they cannot tell someone to do something. An exapath cannot read minds. Basically an untrained exapath can convince people to do things quite simply (that wouldn't normally be against the person's nature) while a telepath trained in hypnosis would have to go through the procedure of putting the person into a trance, etc, and even then an individual is relatively in control of their will. A hypnotist cannot make someone do something that a person would never do even subconsciously.

Silly Sayo~ We all know you weren't planning on taking over the world with your psychopath character.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:38 pm
 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next