The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:35 pm

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Welcome to the new Mafia section! 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
This is a new section to house the multitude of mafia games MG participates in. For the sake of organization, we are going to only have one game running at any given time. We'll be able to use the new space to have a topic for general rulesets, MG Mafia Blacklist, or for one place to keep awards! The section is still under construction, but you're still able to post and interact while everything is being set up.

Feel free to use this topic as a general discussion to voice your ideas for the section.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 pm

This section's cool. Makes things much easier to find while trying to use meta game for scum tells.
Also I shouldn't have to remind anyone that talking about the current mafia game (wether you're in it or not) is strictly prohibited, as it could effect the outcome of the game.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 pm

It's all right, I guess. I prefer the way it was before though.

Why did you take out the names of the previous games?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Lightning wrote:

I like it how it's divided. I personally don't like having to dig through the forum games section to find it. Lol

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ramsey, you are 85% the bomb.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm
Site Admin

Blood wrote:
This section's cool. Makes things much easier to find while trying to use meta game for scum tells.
Also I shouldn't have to remind anyone that talking about the current mafia game (wether you're in it or not) is strictly prohibited, as it could effect the outcome of the game.

Yeah, that should go without saying fasho

Lightning wrote:

Wat.

And I was gonna readd the titles, no worries.

Thomas Terminator wrote:
I like it how it's divided. I personally don't like having to dig through the forum games section to find it. Lol

Yeah same here. It's really convenient.

Brikmaninoff wrote:
Ramsey, you are 85% the bomb.

<3

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 pm
Site Admin

Update, Special (all star) mafia now counts as a main game, so the number was shifted down one from XI onward.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:16 am
Site Admin

An introduction to mafia thread, as well as a stat, award and blacklist topic have both been added and have been updated. If you guys can think of anything else you might need for the section, just let me know.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:07 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Awards need to be player nominated and decided on by a committee imo.

Wincons need to be changed: Town's to "All threats to the town must be eliminated." and the mafia's to "Make up 50% of the town through mislynches and kills".

I think this is a more extensive ruleset:
1. Votes must be bolded, and be placed in the format Vote: Terra
2. Days will have a deadline of three weeks. Deadline can be extended/shortened under certain circumstances, to my discretion.
3. Factions CAN talk during the day.
4. Do not, under any circumstances, communicate with a player outside the game thread regarding the game, unless specifically stated otherwise in your Role PM.
5. Do not, under any circumstances, quote any PM sent to you by me in the thread or otherwise.
6. Absolutely no invisible, small, or otherwise unreadable text. Boxes are allowed as long as the nature of their contents are clearly labeled.
7. You will be prodded after failing to post in 72 hours. If you require a third prod you will instead be force-replaced. Inform in-thread of any upcoming V/LA in bold: V/LA Sunday to Saturday
-----7a. If you join this game and flake without posting or requesting a replacement you will be blacklisted, and not allowed to join any more of my games.
8. “Bah” posts are allowed, but can not include any kind of game-related information. However, lynched players may continue to talk during Twlight.
9. Twilight occurs after the hammer and before the lynch scene. You may continue to talk, but any new votes/unvotes will not be counted.
-----9a. "No Lynch" occurs when HALF of the remaining players vote for it.
10. Blue is my color, don’t use it.
-----10a. Uncolored Italics will be used in flavor. Only the opening flavor will be spoilered.
11. I will use modkills at my discretion, with or without warnings depending on the offense. If you think something may break my rules (or patience), ask me first, or don’t do it at all. Modkills will either end the day or continue on(with the decision based on what is worse for the offender’s faction) and turn the killed player into a Neutral Survivor.
12. If I make a mistake in some way, point it out by bolding a statement: @mod: You made a mistake
13. I reserve the right to add to or change the rules at my discretion. There are no loopholes, and I enforce ex post facto.
14. Don't be afraid to have fun. Despite the wording of these rules I am not a ruthless dictator and the vast majority of players are not trolls. Good luck!
-----14a. To be more specific: Please Be Civil
15. Play to win. I don't care if someone you hate is in your faction, if you throw the game to spite someone you will be modkilled and blacklisted. This, of course, does not include bussing.
16. Do not change your username while still alive in this game. Your name is your identity, and is how people refer to you. If that is changed, it would lead to mass confusion.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:40 am
Site Admin

NAH BRO

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 am

Currently Playing: MELEE!!!!!!!!
Really nice.

Btw, Iirc i was chosen as Mvp in the Poke-Mafia

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:49 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Quick reply is disabled.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Terra, your Mafia win condition is inaccurate.

Imagine that the Mafia compose 50% of the town through mislynches and kills.
However, there's an Arsonist who has survived long enough to place a charge on everyone.
Guess who wins?

The Mafia win condition is "It is logically impossible for the Mafia to lose any more members."

Honestly I like the good ol' 7 rule set. It could use clarifying and cleaning up but it's a good rule set.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Felipe_9595 wrote:
Really nice.

Btw, Iirc i was chosen as Mvp in the Poke-Mafia

Ramsey doesn't really take my opinions into consideration. In that game really Prince marth(or lightning) was only able to pull a win because Dephius screwed up pretty badly.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Currently Playing: MELEE!!!!!!!!
Yeah i remember Clearly, dat Gamethrows, lynching 2 confirmed townies and stuff.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:15 pm
 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next