The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 am

[ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next
SSF2 Suggestions 
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
A couple of Past Stage-accuracy-related suggestions;

Right now, he often doesn't aim for anyone at all.

And on Smashville:

This gap in the official games is about four SSB4 stage builder grid squares wide. In the SSF2 version, it's not there at all; the platform is directly aligned.

And while we're on the topic of Smashville, getting off the subject of accuracy: Maybe the balloon should be affected by the Hazard Switch. It's not like there's any Food in tournaments, anyway, so all they do is potentially get in the way of projectiles, like how people complain about the Shy Guys in Yoshi's Story in Melee.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:41 am

Harr Turnpike wrote:
A couple of Past Stage-accuracy-related suggestions;

[ Image ]

Right now, he often doesn't aim for anyone at all.

And on Smashville:

[ Image ]

This gap in the official games is about four SSB4 stage builder grid squares wide. In the SSF2 version, it's not there at all; the platform is directly aligned.

And while we're on the topic of Smashville, getting off the subject of accuracy: Maybe the balloon should be affected by the Hazard Switch. It's not like there's any Food in tournaments, anyway, so all they do is potentially get in the way of projectiles, like how people complain about the Shy Guys in Yoshi's Story in Melee.

Also, the Mushroom Kingdom I stage in SSF2 features green Piranha Plants. The ones in the original Smash Bros. are red.

On that topic, which stage is better - is Mushroom Kingdom I from Smash 64 the best, or should they have stuck with Mushroom Kingdom I from Melee?

If I had to pick, I'd call the Melee one Mushroom Kingdom I and give the Smash 64 one Mushroom Kingdom Lost Levels or something like that. But that's just me.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
I hope to see a Sonic resprite eventually.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:47 am

MGN Username: Smasher_0.1
Currently Playing: SSF2, Transformice, Brawlhalla
-V.S Records, I think this should be in the game
-Online Stats, kind of same thing as V.S Records, for me smashladder is not enough
-Melee's Adventure Mode
-Trophies
-able to save your tags
-walljumping
-more end-lag for strong moves, ex. Link's Down Air
-make Ness's PK Thunder a little bit slower, it's already really good as a recovery comparing to the official games
-Board the Platforms
-Home-Run Contests for 2 players
-your own alternative music for stages
-if it's possible, make a client so devs can uptade the game often with detailed changelogs and news
-replacing waiting room with sandbag with a minigame, maybe that will eliminate some bugs

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:11 pm

MGN Username: shyx
Currently Playing: ssf2. ssbc. ssb4.
Waifu: toon zelda
same for everything else you just said. but wall jumping. that is a definite necessity.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:49 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Can we make it possible to type out nicknames with a Keyboard in BETA
Considering how Online Mode works and the new length of nicknames I don't wanna cellphone-style type it with my mouse every single time I enter a new room :chibirobo:

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:39 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Or even better, can we save nicknames in Beta? That would be nice

ImageImageImageImage

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:03 pm
BR Member

I keep forgetting to say this, but as a member of the Back Room, it's time for me to take some responsibility as such.

Yoshi's Story Melee needs to be resized.

Every application that brings it up works under the assumption that it's smaller than Battlefield, although we've established that it's exactly the same size if not slightly bigger due to Randall. That's because it should be smaller. The Placebo Effect is taking hold and confusing tournament players, applicants, and the stage legality process as a whole. This needs to be fixed.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:03 am

Harr Turnpike wrote:
I keep forgetting to say this, but as a member of the Back Room, it's time for me to take some responsibility as such.

Yoshi's Story Melee needs to be resized.

Every application that brings it up works under the assumption that it's smaller than Battlefield, although we've established that it's exactly the same size if not slightly bigger due to Randall. That's because it should be smaller. The Placebo Effect is taking hold and confusing tournament players, applicants, and the stage legality process as a whole. This needs to be fixed.

Though I'm not that much of a competitive player, I do agree. It's nothing like Crusade, where it takes two full jumps to reach a Battlefield platform, but a resize of Yoshi's Story would benefit the game and community as a whole.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:59 pm

MGN Username: Coolerest
Waifu: Brawl MK
Note that there is a tl;dr line at the bottom

So take a little look at this guy. :blackmage:
While playing him I've noticed that some things are a little strong about him.
Now. I can't say if doing this would ruin him or not, but it'd be a nice little change to him.
I've noticed that he has an extraordinary recovery!
So, I want to suggest a little change to make his recovery more interesting. Just a nerf to it, and a small buff to compensate.
So when he uses his up-b he gets locked in place and (if he's in the air) slowly floats downwards. Meanwhile, a moving teleporter can be controlled. It can change directions once half way through the move. Now, I'm going suggest a way that his recovery could be balanced.

What if the teleporter could be destroyed?

With a strong enough move that surpasses a certain amount of damage, what if you could destroy the teleporter? Not only that, but if it's destroyed Black Mage goes into a helpless state wherever he started the up-b (where you visibly see him during his up-b until he teleports). The teleporter could take like 6-10% damage upon starting an up-b before breaking, but it's damage wouldn't be carried over to the next use of Black Mage's up special. Thus, of you edge guard Black Mage and hit his teleporter (which should have a large hitbox) that he'd eventually die from falling into the blast zone.
To compensate, we need to make two changes to his recovery to make him not complete garbage at recovering.
So, he could be able to attack a few frames after he ends his up-b instead of going into a helpless state so that he can defend himself, but to not make this op, he'd automatically loose his double jump, so the Black Mage player can't just finish the move early and jump to the ledge to avoid having his teleporter destroyed.
Plus, Black Mage had something special about him. You know how he can do an alternate smash attack by charging them fully. Why not do this to his recovery to make him not god awful? If you press up-b instead of holding the button down then he'll do a move that's best described as a shorter version of Meta Knight's down special without hitboxes and with barely any landing lag. This way people could use a safer recovery if needed, but they'd not be able to attack until they land, as it would cause the player to go into a free fall after being used.

Well, that's my input. Feel free to edit how it works however you want. You could or not include certain things that I said. Either way, I hope this happens to some degree. Black Mage's recovery is superb, and I think that this could even it out.

tl;dr the moving teleporter in :blackmage:'s up special can be broken if hit with a strong enough attack. To compensate, he can attack shortly after ending his up special, but can't start another up special or double jump until he lands. He can also do a short range instant teleport that does no damage and puts Black Mage into a helpless state if you only press up-b and don't hold the button down to give Black Mage a situational safer recovery cuz he's cool like that.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:20 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Ibiotic wrote:
tl;dr the moving teleporter in :blackmage:'s up special can be broken if hit with a strong enough attack. To compensate, he can attack shortly after ending his up special, but can't start another up special or double jump until he lands. He can also do a short range instant teleport that does no damage and puts Black Mage into a helpless state if you only press up-b and don't hold the button down to give Black Mage a situational safer recovery cuz he's cool like that.

I like your creativity with the idea, but it seems a little bit too... gimmicky for my taste. The idea of BM's UpB right now (Teleporting at 8 different directions while being able to change the direction once) feels pretty legit, since the recovery is not precisely hard to predict and a lot of the fun for me (both while using and fighting BM) comes from trying to read my opponent's option to survive/get the stock. If you add something else, I feel like a lot of the fun is kinda lost since destroying the UpB would always be the way to go, making max distance UpB useless and his recovery near the ledge predictable.

I'd rather stay with what we have right now.

ImageImageImageImage

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:00 am
BR Member

I'm getting tired of hearing about how Super Saiyan Goku is overpowered, so might as well give them what they want in a way, by shortening the timer to where Spirit Bomb has to be used immediately in order to be used at all, like with Kaio-Ken Kamehameha. He can't NOT have the Spirit Bomb or his transformation, so the "double final smash" aspect can't be taken out entirely, but maybe it'll quiet people down a bit if Goku players are more strictly forced to choose between one or the other.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:45 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Harr Turnpike wrote:
I'm getting tired of hearing about how Super Saiyan Goku is overpowered, so might as well give them what they want in a way, by shortening the timer to where Spirit Bomb has to be used immediately in order to be used at all, like with Kaio-Ken Kamehameha. He can't NOT have the Spirit Bomb or his transformation, so the "double final smash" aspect can't be taken out entirely, but maybe it'll quiet people down a bit if Goku players are more strictly forced to choose between one or the other.

lol

Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
C-Stick tilts? can we have this?

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:16 pm
BR Member

Jan_Solo wrote:
C-Stick tilts? can we have this?

Seconded. An option to select what the C-stick does like in 4? I'm for it.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:26 pm
 [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next