The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:35 pm

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
99.999999999999999999999% Possibility of failing, but meh... 

I'm thinking about making some type of Digimon RPG. It'll either be based around the Digimon Next manga, or the Digimon Digital Card Battle game for the PSX. Who knows, I might even do a mix of them both. Although I'm probably gonna go with Next because it would require a lot less work.

So, thoughts? Would any of you actually join it?

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:12 am

....Pimp...No.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:58 am

Not that many people here like Digimon, so yes it would fail, but if its good I'd join.

May the path of the hero lead to the Triforce.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:49 am

I like digimon, so I'd join.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 am

Currently Playing: The Game
As long as its Digimon Adventure and 02, then yes. Every other season fails.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 am

I not much of a fan of Digimon, I thought the idea of it was 10 times better then Poke'mon.

Is the one you planning to be making have this guy in it?
if this was a nooby thing to ask, then sorry but like I said, I not a huge fan of Digimon so I don't know the different names for each new part of the anime.
I don't really care for the first one, and the one where the people tranform into digimons...so this the only one that I liked.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Zelkova wrote:
I not much of a fan of Digimon, I thought the idea of it was 10 times better then Poke'mon.

Is the one you planning to be making have this guy in it?
if this was a nooby thing to ask, then sorry but like I said, I not a huge fan of Digimon so I don't know the different names for each new part of the anime.
I don't really care for the first one, and the one where the people tranform into digimons...so this the only one that I liked.

That's Calumon, from Season 3. And the one with people turning into digimawnz is Season 4. And to answer your question, maybe. I'm mostly going to concentrate on Seasons 1 and 2, but it will probably still have digimon from 3. I'm not planning on making any references at all to 4 and 5 because they suck.

Now Belth, what's wrong with Digimon :eew: ? Or do you have a problem with card thing? Or the online game story? I'd like a bit more feedback. You basically just said it was a bad idea and didn't offer anything useful...

Anyway, I'm planning on starting this RP MAYBE next week, but I might need more time to make some adjustments to certain cards in the game and/or to add new things.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:01 pm

I like Season 3 then because the fact it a giant land with a lot of random stuff...the first one was only a island, so there no way you could do giant area updates. not so sure about the 2nd one. Like I said, I don't know much about the show.

Last edited by Zelkova on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:19 pm

pimp_named_slinkback wrote:
That's Calumon, from Season 3. And the one with people turning into digimawnz is Season 4. And to answer your question, maybe. I'm mostly going to concentrate on Seasons 1 and 2, but it will probably still have digimon from 3. I'm not planning on making any references at all to 4 and 5 because they suck.

You will have digimon from the crap seasons 4 and 5 right?

Also when I read this I think basically that we become Digidestants. What is this about cards?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:15 am

WereBob wrote:
pimp_named_slinkback wrote:

You will have digimon from the crap seasons 4 and 5 right?

Also when I read this I think basically that we become Digidestants. What is this about cards?

Wait, did you mean to say I WILL have Season 4 and 5 digimon or that I WON'T. Because I'm planning on NOT having Season 4 and 5 digimon. I just don't like those seasons, plus it would mean a lot more work for me when it comes to card making.

I guess some of you would technically be Digidestined, but I'm planning on making this take place mostly in an online Digimon game. Haven't you noticed that's where 99.9% of the Digimon games take place?

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:03 pm

You want us to Role player a person who plays cards?... If I wanted to do that I'd go next door and play Magic.

So no ninja owl or Cherubimon light mode? I like the digimon just not the story... or season 5 agumon.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:45 pm

WereBob wrote:
You want us to Role player a person who plays cards?... If I wanted to do that I'd go next door and play Magic.

So no ninja owl or Cherubimon light mode? I like the digimon just not the story... or season 5 agumon.

It won't JUST be cards. You'll have an actual digimon partner with you. Cards will only be about 40% or so of the RP. Most of it will have an actual plot... Once I think of one. You'll basically start out battling. Also, I GUESS I could make whether your character plays the card game or not optional, but I was planning on having some of the Digidestineds' powers linked to the cards, kinda like Season 3 how they could scan the cards through their digivices.

Last I checked, Cherubimon wasn't Season 4 or 5. He first appeared in the 3rd Japanese Digimon movie/the 3rd part of the 1st English one, which took place in Season 2. He also technically appeared in his lower forms in Seasons 2 & 3. And why would you like Season 5 Agumon more than Season 1 :eew: ?

Oh, and everyone, I need a list of all the Season 3 digimon... I'm not having much luck with that, just finding lists of ALL the digimon or just the Season 3 partners.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:12 pm
Site Admin

I think there's a digimon wiki

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Do not like the story of 4/5 or 5's agumon >_>

Does Light Cherubimon appear? I thought it was only Dark Cherubimon, huh. Cherubimon was the beast type high-angle in season 4.

And if that's what you meant about the cards, then its fine. *Goes to find Digimon card collection.*

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:20 pm

WereBob wrote:
Do not like the story of 4/5 or 5's agumon >_>

Does Light Cherubimon appear? I thought it was only Dark Cherubimon, huh. Cherubimon was the beast type high-angle in season 4.

And if that's what you meant about the cards, then its fine. *Goes to find Digimon card collection.*

Don't bother getting the card collection. I'm going to post a list. I can't expect people joining the RP to know all the cards, can I?

Also Kiki, the Digimon Wiki was one of the 1st places I checked. It doesn't have the digimon listed by Season unfortunately...

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next