The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
Sheik 

MGN Username: sparty88
How do you auto dashers out there manage side tilts? I love Sheik and her side tilts are pretty essential. I have a walk button but find it difficult to use in the middle of comboing. Any better solutions, or do I just need more practice?

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:27 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
well, honestly i would not use autodash.
but if you insist on it, you're just going to have to get good at using the walk button, there's no shortcut or easy way around it.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:50 am

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
How's this Sheik gameplay?

YouTube Video:

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:11 am

Tid wrote:
but if you insist on it, you're just going to have to get good at using the walk button, there's no shortcut or easy way around it.

Honestly don't think I can go back to double click dashing. Feels like mud compared to what I'm used to now.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Have a dash button then. That way you just hold it when you want to dash, but you can still do tilts easily.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
sparty88 wrote:
Tid wrote:

Honestly don't think I can go back to double click dashing. Feels like mud compared to what I'm used to now.

Zalozis wrote:
Have a dash button then. That way you just hold it when you want to dash, but you can still do tilts easily.

You can also have a walk button. I use autodash too and move with WASD. I have F as the walk button.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 pm
YIM

So I was messing around with Shiek and had a hilarious match with the CPU (Still haven't got my online thingy set up yet...)

YouTube Video:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Shine! wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
Tid wrote:

Zalozis wrote:

You can also have a walk button. I use autodash too and move with WASD. I have F as the walk button.

I'm I really the only person who plays this game backwards?

Anyway, I've found how interesting Sheik can be. Though without ftilt, I'm reliant on hit-and-run tactics. Which isn't bad, though I wish she had faster dashing speed.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 am

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
Tid wrote:

Zalozis wrote:

Anyway, I've found how interesting Sheik can be. Though without ftilt, I'm reliant on hit-and-run tactics. Which isn't bad, though I wish she had faster dashing speed.

"Isn't bad" is quite an understatement IMO. I think a really good hit and run Sheik is one of the best strategies in the game. All of her aerials are great. Dashing speed is just fine, especially considering how much ground her dash attack covers. Needles come out fast and you can start a combo off just one of them. Short hop nairs into chasing is effective and satisfying. Above all, she's capable of being hot or cold at any time, which makes her pretty unpredictable. She's as freestyle as it gets in this game, which means she has mind games potential.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 pm

sparty88 wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
Tid wrote:

Zalozis wrote:

"Isn't bad" is quite an understatement IMO. I think a really good hit and run Sheik is one of the best strategies in the game. All of her aerials are great. Dashing speed is just fine, especially considering how much ground her dash attack covers. Needles come out fast and you can start a combo off just one of them. Short hop nairs into chasing is effective and satisfying. Above all, she's capable of being hot or cold at any time, which makes her pretty unpredictable. She's as freestyle as it gets in this game, which means she has mind games potential.

I've never been a Sheik player, gimme a break.

I don't like hit-and-run tactics, which is why it might be an understatement. I can't get and ftilt the opponent to death, so....

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:56 am

Since Sheik's introduction to the Smash series, her whip has been perhaps the most paltry, sad move in the game. Any chance of that changing? I understand it's difficult to mess with pre-established characters, but the move is as useless as it gets. Outside of that, which is really Nintendo's fault, I think she plays beautifully.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:21 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
sparty88 wrote:
Since Sheik's introduction to the Smash series, her whip has been perhaps the most paltry, sad move in the game. Any chance of that changing? I understand it's difficult to mess with pre-established characters, but the move is as useless as it gets. Outside of that, which is really Nintendo's fault, I think she plays beautifully.

They rectified that error in Smash 4, thankfully. Now they got my baby girl throwing bombs.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:01 pm

DrunkenRockman wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

They rectified that error in Smash 4, thankfully. Now they got my baby girl throwing bombs.

That could be interesting, although she already has the needles and doesn't NEED another projectile imo. I think it would be really cool if the whip came out faster, did more damage, and couldn't be held and repeated. So basically ZSS's side B. Sheik's side smash isn't that great, so it would be nice to have another option on land other than dashing and tilts, which aren't KO moves.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:17 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
sparty88 wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

That could be interesting, although she already has the needles and doesn't NEED another projectile imo. I think it would be really cool if the whip came out faster, did more damage, and couldn't be held and repeated. So basically ZSS's side B. Sheik's side smash isn't that great, so it would be nice to have another option on land other than dashing and tilts, which aren't KO moves.

This. Every time I see Sspec or am reminded of its existence, a little part of me dies inside.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:09 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

This. Every time I see Sspec or am reminded of its existence, a little part of me dies inside.

Lel

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next