The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:13 pm

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
SSF2 Beta - General Online Mode & MGN Questions 

I have a question/need of assistance. So I signed up for MGN a while back, with a somewhat outdated email. In an attempt to play online, I tried to login but forgot my password. I tried to recover my password but the email I was using had been deleted due to inactivity. I wanted to make a new account, but I want to have my username from that account. Is there anyway that I can get that username back?

Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 am

I cant really play with randoms in the online menu. I just had 3 rounds back to back that had a whole second of input lag :(

Wed May 31, 2017 3:45 am

anyone from australia wanna play

Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Currently can't play online, saying MGN services are currently unavailable.

Anyone else having this problem?

Practicing: :yoshi:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:58 pm

So... my two friends and i were trying to play SSF2 online, when it said we logged in too many times (we only tried twice each) and then we waited 20 minutes and tried again and got the same error, we waited another 15 and it said the same thing. Why?

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:24 am

MGN Username: Chrisuluthu
Currently Playing: Kirby Star Allies, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Sonic Mania
I can't access online at all. I keep getting "Connection timeout."

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Waifu: c***
Are all these server issues just a result of a larger player load than expected, or is there something else wrong with the servers entirely? There just seems to be a lot of issues being able to connect at all.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:04 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
It seems like me and a lot of others are getting a lot of connection timeouts when trying to get online, did servers go down last night?

Practicing: :yoshi:

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:19 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Cartoon469 wrote:
Are all these server issues just a result of a larger player load than expected, or is there something else wrong with the servers entirely? There just seems to be a lot of issues being able to connect at all.

honestly both lol. most of the latter stuff is fixed now though

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Some bugs I found

These are mainly online bugs, and I am sure that most of them are from your servers screaming and crying in agony, but here they are.

1. When I try to login, it goes "Cannot list rooms while logged out" about 3 times, then it goes "Connection timeout", and boots me back so I have input my password again. Happens and irregular amount of times, from once to 10-15 times in a row.

2.When joining a room, it get's stuck on the Please Wait screen quite often, with no messages popping up, and goes on apparently indefinitely, causing me to reset

3.The match never loads and I get stuck forever in the waiting room, able to move around, but the match never starts

4.The match stuck on "3" bug that seems common

5. This is the major issue When a match finishes, and we wan't to go again, we get stuck on the please wait screen indefinetely, until someone closes the window to disconnect. I have not once been able to play another match after I finally get one to start.

On 9b, I had the problem where the downloaded version of the game would never start a match. It would connect to the network, I would enter a room and then get a frozen screen in the waiting room, never once was I able to get it to work. I even got two people in the same room with a less than 5 ping and over 100 mb internet upload and download, and the same issue occured, but when I used the online version, it worked instantly and I never had that problem again.

I wonder if the same type of thing could be happening here, just in a different way where instead of getting stuck in the waiting room, I am not able to re-do a match.

6. Just a minor thing, but the Pit cpu randomly up-b's at any time on stage quite frequently. I haven't been able to identify a trigger for it, but it makes pit a bit of a joke when fighting him and constantly getting free up-smashes whenever he does this.

Oh, and for the online stuff, I almost mainly use a 5ghz connection that has a stable 15 ping and 25 mb download, 10 mb upload speed in Kingston, Jamaica

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:45 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I've heard it said more than once that Beta's Online is worse than v0.9b's.

I laugh at that. I couldn't connect at all in the last v0.9b patch—being stuck in the Waiting Room was the rule with no exception—so I can say that Beta's netcode is objectively better if even I can get in and play.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:02 am

Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
I've heard it said more than once that Beta's Online is worse than v0.9b's.

I laugh at that. I couldn't connect at all in the last v0.9b patch—being stuck in the Waiting Room was the rule with no exception—so I can say that Beta's netcode is objectively better if even I can get in and play.

I dont know. In 9b I was able to join matches and play. In Beta, I have played a total of 6 online matches while having failed attempts with at least over 50. I have tried for the past hour to get in a match and have had it freeze with a target in the corner, get stuck when trying to join the match or being left with sandbag forever.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:18 pm

I fought this one guy playing Sandbag, and somehow everytime he summons a capsule... He just gets a Super Star EVERYTIME. Is that even possible, or did he just mod the game? I call hacks on that one, it's impossible to get a Super Star 5 times in a row.

His username? Sorry, I forgot. He quitted halfway through, when I was 2 stocks ahead of him, and right when I was about to save the replay, a blackout came by.

Just thought I'd report this. All I know, is that I used Isaac in that match.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:55 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
AegisArclight wrote:
I fought this one guy playing Sandbag, and somehow everytime he summons a capsule... He just gets a Super Star EVERYTIME. Is that even possible, or did he just mod the game? I call hacks on that one, it's impossible to get a Super Star 5 times in a row.

His username? Sorry, I forgot. He quitted halfway through, when I was 2 stocks ahead of him, and right when I was about to save the replay, a blackout came by.

Just thought I'd report this. All I know, is that I used Isaac in that match.

If he was the host, he has control over the items, so he can do this by toggling all items off except for the Star in the item switch.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:28 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
the 'freeze at 3' matches are highly agitating, espically cause I have no idea why it does it. Betas online is instantly better than 9b cause I ACTUALLY can get on, but it still has lots of problems to handle...

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:15 am
 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next