The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 408 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
[MP] Injustice: Gods Among Us 

Developed by Netherrealm Studios (Mortal Kombat 2011)
Coming to PS3, XBox360, and WiiU in 2013
Trailer:
YouTube Video:

Interview with Ed Boon:
YouTube Video:

Screenshots:

My opinion:
Confusion and slight disgust. I don't like the Mortal-Kombat styled costumes (Wonder Woman and Grundy look okay though). Seeing Batman kicking Grundy three stories into a building displeases me. And the entire thing reminds me so much of Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, which is more of a bad thing than a good thing. (I have not played Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics.)

But, I hear that the new Mortal Kombat is pretty awesome, so maybe this could be okay. It'll take a few gameplay videos for me to decide. It's going to take a while to get over the horrible costume designs though.

Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Its not the costumes that bothers me more on my first impression but pretty much the fact that its following the traditional "MK vs DCU" game style and planning to make an entire franchise based upon it.

Again, DCU is one of those companies who are afraid to get their character's heads ripped off (like in Street Fighter) and decides to make it a plain superhero fighter. What upsets me out of all of this is the fact that NetherRealms studio is the one producing it... The guys who made Mortal Kombat 9. Why!?

MK vs DCU was made by Warner Bros Interactive and Midway s****... Why is NetherRealms doing the same style? Why can't we get a 2D DC fighter like what they did to MK9?

Don't expect blood or any superhero to rip someone's head off.. Like MK vs DCU, its another one of those games thats afraid to let their property get manipulated... Hell, the trailer shows some parts that looks so much better with gore..

Ugh.. Why Ed Boon... Why... >.<

Again, this is just my first impressions and i could be totally wrong (or not.. who knows..). Im just gonna wait for a gameplay video of a match with 1-3 rounds before i can give in my full impression for the game

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:04 am

MGN Username: SuperSmashDrake
Currently Playing: Destiny, Smash 4, & Marvel Contest of Champions
I'm a little upset about all the reasons mentioned above also. I think Batman looks silly.

And I'm still going to wait for Marvel vs. DCU

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:58 am

Michael M wrote:
MK vs DCU was made by Warner Bros Interactive and Midway s****... Why is NetherRealms doing the same style? Why can't we get a 2D DC fighter like what they did to MK9?

NetherRealms Studios IS Midway.

And also, according to Boon's twitter, the fighting does take place on a 2D plane like MK9. Doesn't change my mind on what I've seen so far though.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:14 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Hope this game is good.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Interview with Ed Boon with some gameplay videos
YouTube Video:

Not bad looking gameplay-wise, but still looks ugly (both character designs and animations). Still need to try out the new MK before I decide if the gameplay will make up for the aesthetics, but I do like how the focus here is on over-the-top ridiculous moves (like the MvC series) instead of violence and gore (a la MK). But I'm still not liking how Batman can kick an opponent through a building, but I guess that's the standard animation for knocking a character from one part of the stage to another.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Plays like MK9... Meh.. I'll wait till a full Match of the game

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Waifu: I'm married
there is one up side to this
they're actually trying to make the costumes look good

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:41 am
YIM WWW

...Anyway

More news

Yet another Ed Boon interview
YouTube Video:

As far as I can tell, the gameplay clips that are shown here are mostly the same as in the other interview.

Also, someone tweeted about the game
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/statu ... 3084235777
Quote:
Checked out Inustice. Surprised by how different from MK it feels. It's back to block! Seems pretty interesting. Need For Speed next.

And I don't have a source for this, other than someone else's word but the game will use three attack buttons and an additional button for stage interaction. Also, there are character-specific super meters.

EDIT:
There's this weird burst/clash system in the game as well
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/risky ... sh-system/

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Quote:
Checked out Inustice. Surprised by how different from MK it feels. It's back to block! Seems pretty interesting. Need For Speed next.

If it means by holding back on the D-Pad like in Street fighter or any other 2D fighting game, then theres gonna be alot of bad s*** put out for this game...

considering its playstyle is similar to MK9 (judging from the videos i've seen), Having the d-pad to block in Injustice will get you brutally murdered... They need to have an option for a block button...
Especially since the MK playstyle has some crazy mix-ups..

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:00 am

But this is Injustice!

Anyway, more information
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/injus ... eview.aspx
Quote:
Injustice mixes up many trademarks of the genre, from its control scheme to its super meter. With A, X, and Y dedicated to light, medium, and heavy attacks, B is left free for the game’s hero abilities. NetherRealm let me know that they don’t have an official name for these abilities yet, but each character has a special function that sets them apart from the others. Batman can summon floating batarangs that he can direct towards opponents, even in mid-combo. Superman goes into a berserker mode that increases his damage. The Flash’s ability is sure to frustrate opponents, as it slows down everything but himself. With his opponent moving in slow motion, Flash is able to get in plenty of fast-paced offense.

The super meter is broken into four segments, and a ridiculous attack can be unleashed once they’re all full. Superman knocks his opponent into space and then slams them back to Earth. Solomon Grundy pulls a tombstone out of his chest and breaks it over his opponent’s head. Flash runs around the entire world to build up a light-speed haymaker to the face. They’re the equivalent to Mortal Kombat’s x-ray attacks, and they’re just as dramatic (even if they don’t match the gore factor).

If an enemy has you in the middle of an especially damaging combo, you can sacrifice part of your meter to activate clashes. These begin with the combatants trading character-specific taunts before charging at each other. During the animation, players can choose how much of their super meter they want to wager. Whoever bets more of their meter wins the clash. If the defender comes out on top, the entire damage of the combo is recovered. It’s an interesting bet, because players with a full super meter will probably win if they bet all four segments, but they’ll have to decide if the damage recovery is worth the loss of their super attack.

Players can also choose to attack with the environment itself. With the press of a bumper button, the superheroes can pick up cars, toss depth charges, and even fire missiles from the Batmobile. We only saw two stages, but the variety of DC locales should ensure some entertaining environmental attacks.

Special button for each character does something different:
Quote:
Superman, rage mode that boosts damage.
Harley, random projectile chucking.
Flash, time slow.
Batman, robotic bats that can be used like KL spin, or as a projectile that I assume you can use in attack frames, or blockstun.
Wonder Woman, stance switching, though not sure how the meter plays into that.
Grundy, meter powers his chain throws, and if you get max hits, you get an attack or defense bonus depending on the throw that was used.

(This information was taken from some other forum.)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
Special button for each character does something different:
Quote:
Superman, rage mode that boosts damage.
Harley, random projectile chucking.Flash, time slow.
Batman, robotic bats that can be used like KL spin, or as a projectile that I assume you can use in attack frames, or blockstun.
Wonder Woman, stance switching, though not sure how the meter plays into that.
Grundy, meter powers his chain throws, and if you get max hits, you get an attack or defense bonus depending on the throw that was used.

(This information was taken from some other forum.)[/quote]

I assume that chick in the red is supposed to be Harley Quinn? I don't like it.

The costumes aren't very good at all, but I'll wait to judge it further. MK9 was really good, so if this is similar then it should be too.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Apparently it's not (well, in terms of gameplay, at least. Features will be MK9 plenty, most likely). This article compares it to BlazBlue, but only for the button layout.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/11/in ... ud-expect/
(More detailed preview by the way)

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Seventh wrote:
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Oh God, it reminds you of that game? That game was awful. If this is anything like this, then.. Wow.

Last edited by Kurodyne on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm
YIM

(FINALLY! Someone points this out so I can explain!)
Yes, it reminds me of that in multiple ways:

- Superheroes turning into bad guys!
- Emphasis on the destructible environment!
- Emphasis on story mode!
- Developed by an American studio!
- Said studios were previously successful with a fighting game (NetherRealm with Mortal Kombat, EA with Def Jam: Fight for New York)
- Ugly aesthetics!
- Two different character types!
- Each character (type) interacts with the stage differently!
- ...Fatalities? (Well, Injustice hasn't been confirmed to have them... Yet. Muahahahahaman I hope I'm wrong)

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 pm
 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next