The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Hello folks, I am part of the Smaillamuti, and I have some important information.

At the Smash Con event lasting for 4 days, I am here to tell you that there will one new character revealed on the last day. also 2 New modes and 3 new stages will be announced.

I ain't spoiling the actual info here, just telling you.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
That's such a vague, could-mean-anything hint that it being accurate wouldn't impress anyone.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon Uranium, RPG's
Goku2500 wrote:
Tmx wrote:
Back to speculation, I wanna see a character from well-received Nintendo franchises that has a lot of potential such as Daisy Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western or Andy/Sami from Advance Wars to be playable in SSF2.

Dillon - He would be an excellent character for SSF2 as his rolling abilities would be infinite.

Andy or Sami - I want both of them, but I would personally pick Andy since he is the main protagonist. I wouldn't mind if Sami made the cut either.

There's more to Dillon than just his rolling abilities for example his Claw attack, Drift, Grind attack, the use of crystals (special bomb items with different outcomes, e.g. crystal bombs, wonder bombs, crystal freeze), or even using the help of his friend Russ for a up special move. I could even see him building small defense towers a la Villager's Timber or using his Arma-Mode as his final smash.

For the Advance Wars rep, I think it would be fun having a character that moves around in a military vehicle using different kinds of weapons. Here's an image for reference:

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm

your right, guess I need to learn better about making fake leaks.

But Most likely we are getting at least one new character, and I bet you it would be a newcomer as well

Tmx wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
Tmx wrote:
Back to speculation, I wanna see a character from well-received Nintendo franchises that has a lot of potential such as Daisy Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western or Andy/Sami from Advance Wars to be playable in SSF2.

Dillon - He would be an excellent character for SSF2 as his rolling abilities would be infinite.

Andy or Sami - I want both of them, but I would personally pick Andy since he is the main protagonist. I wouldn't mind if Sami made the cut either.

There's more to Dillon than just his rolling abilities for example his Claw attack, Drift, Grind attack, the use of crystals (special bomb items with different outcomes, e.g. crystal bombs, wonder bombs, crystal freeze), or even using the help of his friend Russ for a up special move. I could even see him building small defense towers a la Villager's Timber or using his Arma-Mode as his final smash.

For the Advance Wars rep, I think it would be fun having a character that moves around in a military vehicle using different kinds of weapons. Here's an image for reference:

so you want them to shoot the tank and out of the tank at the same time?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon Uranium, RPG's
i am the shadow wrote:
Tmx wrote:

so you want them to shoot the tank and out of the tank at the same time?

Pretty much. Either one works tbh, but i'm just pointing out that having a character that uses ridley sized not so big tanks in their moveset would be unique and pretty cool to see.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
For Smash-Con, I am speculating these characters...

Ice Climbers & King Dedede.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:18 pm

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
Going off how likely they are as characters in join in my opinion. Just letting ya know!

110%-----------------------------------------------------
Snake - Probably the only character not confirmed yet that i can give more then 100% likely to be in Smash Flash. The stage is there and everything, following the footsteps of brawl.
100%-----------------------------------------------------
Ganondorf - Gotta Complete the Triforce! If this character was left out in the game i feel like it would be a very "questionable move".
Mewtwo or Lucario - Both of them are very likely and i cant see jigglypuff and pikachu being the only 2 Pokemon.
90%------------------------------------------------------
King DDD - I wont be surprised if he is revealed this week at Smash Con.
R.O.B - Would be lower , but if game and watch can make it in , i feel like he can. Plus he is a pretty big part of Nintendo history and to me deserves a spot
Diddy Kong - I can bet he will make it in, Starter or Unlockable is the question though.
Falco - Deserves to be along side fox in smash flash, Most likely Unlockable
Luffy - Yes. I feel luffy has a solid shot. Probobaly the most requested character of all time and maybe the most controversial. Would have a fun moveset and lots of potential.
75%------------------------------------------------------
Geno - This is probably bias, but i see geno having a good shot making it in. Has moveset potential and very requested , just all works out.
ICS - MY MAIN NEEDS TO BE BACK!!! Reason why they are 75% is the mechanic of the ice climbers is very unique and im not sure they could be implemented in flash. ( But hey they found controller support in flash , anythings possible. )
Little Mac - Likely to join. If he gets in though id like to see some new concepts to him, and not a copy of Smash 4's Mac.
Advanced Wars Rep - I don't know much about advanced wars but something tells me this series will follow the path Golden Sun :isaac: and Chibi Robo :chibirobo: did.
Olimar - Same situation as ICs , Olimars is Likely but has a unique mechanic to him that id think might be a bit troublesome.
Knuckles - I feel like Sonic will have one more rep. The Series is very Iconic, and i mean VERY. Knuckles would be the perfect fit and would complete the sonic heroes.
Another Capcom Rep - This Accounts for Zero , Ryu , Etc. I have a feeling Capcom will get more then one rep. Who will it be i have no clue who it would be.
Waluigi - Waluigi I think has a good shot joining the roster. Fun moveset potential with the sports games, and being the best dancer in the mushroom kingdom. Also could be a wario series character if you think of his like that. :wario:
2nd Fire Emblem Rep Fire Emblem i can see getting another rep, it just follows smash tradition. Who it would be, again i have no clue. Fire Emblem has too much characters to choose from to make a solid choice. You could say Ike, But i feel like its time to bring someone new into the spotlight.
Lucas - Good Chances of Coming Back, the question is will his moveset change more or stay the same.
Quote - I REAAALLLYYY want this to happen! Good Moveset potential and im my opinion would fit perfectly for an indie character in the smash flash series.
50%------------------------------------------------------
Shadow - The most controversial character for speculation, for a good reason though. best kept at 50/50 chance
Cloud Strife - I dont know if he will make it or not, Sure hes now a veteran making it in to Smash 4 but something is holding back from putting him any higher.
4th Kirby Rep- The series is big and ive seen a good amount of request for some 4th rep kirby characters in the fourms, but i cant see the series going more then 3 characters. Hell im still not 100% sure if DDD will make it in, Even with his high placing.But If the series come with a 4th Rep i hope its a very unique character.
Wolf - With Falco having better chances and Foxes new costume, id say its a 50/50 to be wolf in Smash Flash, I would love if he did though.

MOST LIKELY I MISSED SOME CHARACTERS!!! Like Daisy For Example. WILL PROBABLY ADD ON TO THIS LATER ON.
P.S - Didnt but 80% , 60% , or anything less then 50%

Last edited by Mr.Xenomega on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:47 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
@Mr.Xenomega I almost completely agree with your list.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:47 pm

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
blackking1700 wrote:
@Mr.Xenomega I almost completely agree with your list.

I'll admit that they are a few weird choses on were I put some characters.
Also I meant to add more for the hell of it , to fill 60% and 80% but could not think of anyone else on the spot...

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:26 pm

Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Going off how likely they are as characters in join in my opinion. Just letting ya know!

110%-----------------------------------------------------
Snake - Probably the only character not confirmed yet that I can give more then 100% likely to be in Smash Flash. The stage is there and everything, following the footsteps of Brawl. 100% agree with you!
100%-----------------------------------------------------
Ganondorf - Gotta Complete the Triforce! If this character was left out in the game i feel like it would be a very "questionable move". Yes!
Mewtwo or Lucario - Both of them are very likely and I cant see Jigglypuff and Pikachu being the only 2 Pokemon. I agree with you on both. However, if it was me, I would move Mewtwo to 110% and Lucario to 90-95%
90%------------------------------------------------------
King DDD - I wont be surprised if he is revealed this week at Smash Con. For Smash Con, my speculation is that the Ice Climbers get revealed at Smash Con, but the Devs could reveal a few other characters as well.
R.O.B - Would be lower , but if Game And Watch can make it in , i feel like he can. Plus he is a pretty big part of Nintendo history and to me deserves a spot He should get in and he would most likely be unlockable.
Diddy Kong - I can bet he will make it in, Starter or Unlockable is the question though. He should definitely make it in since he is popular amongst the Smash Community. If he gets in, he would be a starter.
Falco - Deserves to be along side Fox in Smash Flash, Most likely Unlockable. I agree with you and he would be unlockable since the Devs seem to be mirroring the Smash games.
Luffy - Yes. I feel Luffy has a solid shot. Probably the most requested character of all time and maybe the most controversial. Would have a fun moveset and lots of potential. My most wanted newcomer! He has a massive fanbase and a massive hatebase. His moveset would be infinite.
75%------------------------------------------------------
Geno - This is probably bias, but I see Geno having a good shot making it in. Has moveset potential and very requested , just all works out. Geno would be a fun character to play as.
ICS - MY MAIN NEEDS TO BE BACK!!! Reason why they are 75% is the mechanic of the Ice Climbers is very unique and I'm not sure they could be implemented in flash. ( But hey they found controller support in flash , anythings possible. ) The Ice Climbers can work in SSF2 and are the most requested veterans right now. Hopefully they get revealed at Smash Con!
Little Mac - Likely to join. If he gets in though id like to see some new concepts to him, and not a copy of Smash 4's Mac. My SSB4 main needs to get in! I do agree that he needs changes to his moveset.
Advanced Wars Rep - I don't know much about advanced wars but something tells me this series will follow the path Golden Sun :isaac: and Chibi Robo :chibirobo: did. SSF2 has done a great job with introducing characters who have never been in an actual Smash game and if the next character I would pick to get representation in the game, it would be Andy or Sami from Advance Wars!
Olimar - Same situation as ICs , Olimar is Likely but has a unique mechanic to him that I'd think might be a bit troublesome. Olimar has a good chance, but the Pikmin could be difficult to code.
Knuckles - I feel like Sonic will have one more rep. The Series is very Iconic, and I mean VERY. Knuckles would be the perfect fit and would complete the Sonic Heroes. Knuckles is most likely to make the cut.
Another Capcom Rep - This Accounts for Zero , Ryu , Etc. I have a feeling Capcom will get more then one rep. Who will it be? I have no clue who it would be. Zero has a high chance while Ryu could be 50/50. It could be vice versa though.
Waluigi - Waluigi I think has a good shot joining the roster. Fun moveset potential with the sports games, and being the best dancer in the Mushroom Kingdom. Also could be a Wario series character if you think of his like that. :wario: Personally, I think Mario is best represented in SSF2, but I would definitely be open to Daisy Waluigi being a a playable character.
2nd Fire Emblem Rep Fire Emblem I can see getting another rep, it just follows smash tradition. Who it would be, again I have no clue. Fire Emblem has too much characters to choose from to make a solid choice. You could say Ike, But I feel like its time to bring someone new into the spotlight. To me, Ike or Roy will make the cut. Lyn would be a cool character though and we need more females.
Lucas - Good Chances of Coming Back, the question is will his moveset change more or stay the same. I would rank is chances even higher to 80-85%
Quote - I REAAALLLYYY want this to happen! Good Moveset potential and in my opinion would fit perfectly for an indie character in the smash flash series. Dude, if Quote makes the cut, I will be so excited.
50%------------------------------------------------------
Shadow - The most controversial character for speculation, for a good reason though. best kept at 50/50 chance. I have a good feeling that both he and Knuckles will get the cut.
Cloud Strife - I don't know if he will make it or not, Sure hes now a veteran making it in to Smash 4 but something is holding back from putting him any higher. Cloud would be an unlockable if he makes the game.
4th Kirby Rep- The series is big and I've seen a good amount of request for some 4th rep kirby characters in the fourms, but i cant see the series going more then 3 characters. Hell I'm still not 100% sure if DDD will make it in, Even with his high placing.But If the series come with a 4th Rep i hope its a very unique character. After Dedede, I think that would be enough for Kirby reps, but I would definitely welcome in a fourth candidate.
Wolf - With Falco having better chances and Foxes new costume, id say its a 50/50 to be wolf in Smash Flash, I would love if he did though. As much as I would love to see Wolf in the game, he might not make the cut. Then again, strange things have happened...

MOST LIKELY I MISSED SOME CHARACTERS!!! Like Daisy For Example. WILL PROBABLY ADD ON TO THIS LATER ON.
P.S - Didnt but 80% , 60% , or anything less then 50%

I agree with your list 90-100% I left a lots of notes for you to look at and the only characters I would say you left out are Crono, Simon Belmont, and Young Link. Other than that, excellent list! :isaac:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:37 pm

Why is Shadow so Controversial?

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:24 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
i am the shadow wrote:
Why is Shadow so Controversial?

• The Sonic series as a whole is pretty polarizing. Knuckles has more supporters than him, and a lot of people think Sonic's not an important enough series anymore to have four characters in the roster.
  • Shadow the Hedgehog was pretty widely seen as the start of the franchise's Dork Age. (I personally loved it, though. Its ridiculous over-the-top dorkiness is what made it fun. But that's beside the point.)
  • Characters of his archetype in general just aren't as popular as they were in the SSF1 days anymore.

That's how I understand it, at least.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 pm

So when you mean dork age as it pertains to Super Smash Flash?

What's wrong with his archetype?

and how do you know there are more knuckles supporters than Shadow supporters?

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Dork ages? C'mon!

I love TV Tropes but that is seriously goofy.

From my standpoint, it seems the Knuckles and Shadow fanbases are split down the middle.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:26 pm

oh, well in that I will say that Shadow is 100% getting in. Bet!

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 189  Next