The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:50 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Please analyze my Link gameplay! 

Note:This is a playstyle like those who main Toon Link. I am more used to Toon Link, and plan on maining Toon Link if he is ever added. Thanks!

I'm looking to see what I should improve about my playstyle. Here is some gameplay of me against a Luigi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-sN_br ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by Nerd87 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:37 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Well first of all no offense but you really don't seem to have a good grasp of Link's moveset. You just jumped around in the match like you didn't know what to do. I'd recommend playing against bots in versus to fully learn Link's moveset and then try playing online again and feel free to post more videos if you need analysis.

I will give you one piece of advice right now, the Spin Attack isn't an approach/spacing tool, it's more of a finisher. Use it after setting up for a KO above you for the aerial one (Like your second KO) or punish laggy moves with the grounded one.

You should also post this is in the Link Character Community so that more Link players can help you out.

P.S: You should show your mains in your Signature which you can find by clicking User Control Panel near the Mcleodgaming banner at the top and the edit signature option of the profile tab to the left of that screen.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 am

Yeah, I understand. I'm really "dodgy", I guess I could say, mainly because I usually work with floaty, but fast characters. Link isn't very floaty, and isn't exactly the fastest, so i'm really only playing Link to somewhat prepare myself for Toon Link, if he is ever added.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am

Toon link will probably not be added for a long time tbh. But anyways, let me give some more specific critiques. Also first things first play on a legal stage thx.

Link's bombs are pretty much essential to his gameplay. Link's bombs have stupid amounts of range and reverse bomb throws overall makes Link's camping game insane. You aren't really utilizing Link's full ranged moves well and you aren't abusing the fact that it's impossible for luigi to ever trade with Link's disjoints. This can allow for some defensive walling with link and you can abuse bombs at far range to constantly keep away luigi and he can literally do nothing about it. Also you aren't really using Link's decent close range option once the luigi main gets onto you nor are your moves following up well as they should. It feels more like you are throwing out random moves and waiting to get punished. Also never use D-Air unless you managed to frame trap or get the opponent into a bad spot, and especially not in neutral like you did in the very beginning. Yea you should definitely practice more in general then you'll get the hang of Link. Link is actually top 10 in this game because of the weird disjoints system and Link having oddly good frame data with some of his attacks having little to no endlag but lots of followups and reward.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks, it was a lot more specific than last time. I'll try to improve upon your critiques.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm
 [ 5 posts ]