The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
August 9th, 2009 News (Demo Status + New Music) 

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Byllant wrote:
:shock: Oh! I was forgeting this, Cleod, or Greg, I discover something weird in the current demo but since you locked the previous topic I couldn't post it anymore, so I will tell you now.

If you cancel the script that makes SSF2 lags it shows all the passing images of how you code the game, or something like that. Among that, I saw this message:

[ Image ]

I think this message is very important to be hide within the coding but why it's hidden?

Besides this I have another question: did you program the Smash Ball to be destroyed without being taken by someone, like in Brawl?

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:31 pm
Site Admin

Playat wrote:
Wow! That is a really great music.

I'm glad that you're redoing the CPUs AI. I hope they will learn how to use the shield and side-step on the next demo.

Is making the star KO possible cleod?

Thanks! And of course the star KO is possible but will I do it? That's another question, we'll see

Rainagi wrote:
Great song. :D I am definitely listening to this when I am bored. This new song also reminds me of Little Fugue in G Minor by Bach. I don't know why.

The demo thing does seem needed, but it wouldn't be that much long of a wait. I mean the wait between both 5s was only a month and 13 days. I actually expected an update to be around the beginning of September. So yeah, take as long as needed. I just hope the AI improvement is worth it.

Lol Bach wow...

And don't worry the AI improvement will be worth it, trust me. All the old improvements were based on the same old code, it's time to scrap it

SSF2Zelda wrote:
A little surprise? I WONDER...Item switch, perhaps?...

I said performance, not features. But Item switch is on the to-do list!

JET LI wrote:
the character select menu will get a makeover, right?

That and more!

stupid wrote:
Great song. I don't know if this was asked already, but what program do you use to make your songs? Thanks.

Currently: http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/

Byllant wrote:
:shock: Oh! I was forgeting this, Cleod, or Greg, I discover something weird in the current demo but since you locked the previous topic I couldn't post it anymore, so I will tell you now.

If you cancel the script that makes SSF2 lags it shows all the passing images of how you code the game, or something like that. Among that, I saw this message:

[ Image ]

I think this message is very important to be hide within the coding but why it's hidden?

What script are you talking about? (PM me please)

Byllant wrote:
Besides this I have another question: did you program the Smash Ball to be destroyed without being taken by someone, like in Brawl?

Destroyed without being taken? It disappears without being taken...

Anyway thanks to everyone else who commented on the music! I'll be keeping the rest of v0.6's features secret, so endure the wait for now.

:lock:

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 pm
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4