The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 am

[ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next
MG Mafia 20 (MLG: SSBM Mafia) Game Over 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
I have the spottiest Internet in the world here, but I think a quick OP change should be enough.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Nixter wrote:
TOWK seems to have some bold and compelling claims, I sincerely doubt there is a paranoid cop in this game, given its smaller pool of players, can anyone think of any other effect that could turn up a search to be guilty?

I could think of one. Of course, I'm not in the situation to give it away.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:26 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
To be quiet honest, you are in the hot seat, if it could spark more content, you may be able to be saved if something substantial can sway TOWK's claim, or, y'know, we could trust him and lynch you if no one else says anything.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Well, I can indeed confirm Maya and TOWK had a discussion. My fellow legal sidekick claimed her role and TOWK announced he was going to investigate us since we had claimed town rather than third party.

Which actually strikes me as odd.

If I claim third party and he is town, then he should back up my claim and lynch me inmediatly, unless he has major proof that I'm not virectly anti town as third party. What's the reason to investigate me only if I claim town?

Furthermore, he states he's going to investigate me because I claimed town. If I had claimed third party and turned out guilty, then that's a really safe claim and it's the kind of thing I'd actually go with if I was scum, since it would make me look less menacing. However, claiming town to a police, only to find me guilty inmediatly after, is indeed really risky. If I was actual scum, then I would have claimed third party to him so he wouldn't suspect me or investigate me right away.

Now, none of those actions are inherently suspicious, and are a good bunch of theory with no motive. Except...

Hold it!

My role text states that both Leffen and Hax do not like each other much. At all.
And we are not confirmed to each other.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:36 pm

So you're saying the bitter feud is what sparks the guilty result?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Options:

1) TOWK is town cop. He got a guilty on me because of passive abilities I don't know about.

This is unlikely because the creators of this game dislike said mechanics.

2) TOWK is town cop, but he's biased to find me guilty, based on role flavor.

Similar to reason 1. Also if this is true then there should be a second cop. And that is even more unlikely.

3) TOWK is town, but not a cop. He faked a guilty result to see my reactions and actually judge me.

This appears reasonable, although I doubt he would risk a counterclaim lynch just to get himself info about me.

4) TOWK is not town. He's either scum or third party Leffen, and his objective involves to lynch me.

Self explanatory.

I'm leaning towards reason 3 so far, further posts could move me to reason 4.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
The thing is, I asked BEFORE claiming cop if Lucina was third party. Yes, if I had claimed cop before that, claiming 3P would make sense for her fake claim.

One weird thing I noticed during our conversation was, when I asked if she was third party or an investigative town, she replied something along the lines of "Why would I tell you that?" If she really didn't trust me, idk why she wouldn't have just said "No I'm not." Some panicking perhaps?

My role PM doesn't mention any particular dislike between Hax and Leffen, although it sort of implies that Leffen thinks he's better than him. I could maybe see that influencing my result on Lucina. Like, we're already supposed to trust each other, so if I let my distrust of him get the better of me and I investigate him, it comes up guilty for him. Like, I guess Hax could be some sort of miller?

If either Lucina is a miller or the Mafia framed him, that's highly unfortunate and we lose, but I'm a cop who actually got a guilty on someone and I consider that pretty much the most solid evidence against someone for a lynch.

AMA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Vote: Ema Skye
Placing my vote on Ema, this is pretty much the only night action we are aware of that can lead us to a lynch, unless someone else would direly like to profess something else.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 pm

@TOWK: Maybe she panicked because we are not confirmed to each other? Why should I grant you any information if you are not confirmed town to me?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:54 pm
Site Moderator

I'm just saying, if I didn't trust someone/knew they were scum/whatever, I would just deny being investigative at all.

AMA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:05 pm

That's odd. If you did suspect I was scum then you wouldn't have even asked, and you woulv have investigated right away.

And if I was scum and knew you wanted to investigate me, I would have killed you right away.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 pm
Site Moderator

What? I'm saying as if I was Lucina.

AMA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 pm

OK, I misunderstood. But my point stands. You actually asked before proceeding, and that only hints that you could have NOT investigated had Lucina not said she was town.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Ema Skye wrote:
And if I was scum and knew you wanted to investigate me, I would have killed you right away.

This is actually a solid point. You willingly told Lucina that you were investigating her to see her alignment. Knowing that, if Lucina WAS scum, she would silence you from telling the town, thereby keeping knowledge of her alignment unknown as well as getting rid of an important role the town needs.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 pm
Site Moderator

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
I told you I was a cop shortly before the Day started, so I'm pretty sure that yes, you had confirmed the kill beforehand.

Also WIFOM is still a thing

AMA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:01 pm
 [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next