The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 6 posts ] 
[Suggestions] Placing tournaments in the gaming section 

Now there has been a few (not so much) tourneys from time to time.. Some might probably host one sometime..

Now I'm not trying to be a tourneyfag and suggesting that there should be lot of tournaments but as a minor suggestion to those that feel like pulling off a tournament or a livestream tournament.. I have two ideas that you could consider:

-Add a pre-fix to the gaming section for tournament.
Or
-Create a sub section in the gaming section for tourneys

Now I know to some that it sounds like a very stupid idea but I feel like that for tourneys, especially one that Thomas is making: it should have at least have a place in the gaming section for some MG users who would like to host a little tourney event of their own.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:32 am

you know, we actually made a contest section for things like that

but it’s dead so yeah

go figure

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:27 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Yeah, no there's a contest section for that dude. Why would I add a prefix for something that may get one or two topics ever.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:56 pm

if it’s a tournement people can join then it should be in contests

if it’s just a link to a stream then it shouldn’t be anywhere because rule 24 clearly says that you can’t make topics just for advertising

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
I don't understand why any change has to be made. It should be common sense that video game tournaments deserve to be put in the video game section of the forums. And I've only a very small number of tournaments be held on MG in the time I've been active on the site.

It's such a small number of times that I don't think anyone needs to cater to them.

Adopted by Shounic

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm
Site Admin

Gookclicker wrote:
I don't understand why any change has to be made. It should be common sense that video game tournaments deserve to be put in the video game section of the forums. And I've only a very small number of tournaments be held on MG in the time I've been active on the site.

It's such a small number of times that I don't think anyone needs to cater to them.

It's true, they belong there anyway. However it's not a problem if the tournament features SSF2 and we want to post info about it in the SSF2 section. Everything else can just fall under video games

:lock:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm
 [ 6 posts ]