The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:19 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"Well that's settled." Even though he expected this, he was still oddly surprised. "Let's get down to business, I'd rather we hurry and get this finished." Frankly, he really didn't want to do this to begin with, even if it is easy for him. He also didn't want to waste time debating on what play they should mimic. "I'm sure you all heard of Romeo & Juliet?" He spoke the next part quickly so no one would have a chance to interject, "The part I have in mind is rather early in the play. It's really simple, remember the scene where Juliet's father, Mr. Capulet, is planning on throwing a party and he asks a servant who can't read to get the people on the invitation he handed him? Talk about Suspension of Disbelief... anyway, after that the servant somehow winds up talking to Romeo and Benvolio. We're doing that part. Who ever plays the servant needs to have a piece of paper and needs to act confused at what's on the paper. At first, Romeo needs to act depressed over his heart being broken from a encounter before, then surprised, and he'll take the paper while Benvolio needs to act like he's coming up with a plan and try to cheer Romeo up, because it was his idea to crash the party in the first place." This was the most Johnathan has ever spoke since he came to this academy. "That's just my idea, if anyone has a better one or a completely different one, you must speak up now or forever hold your peace."

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 am

Tsubaki didn't realize Logan thought that her greeting was her name, instead thinking that he was just trying to return it. She began to open her mouth to speak when suddenly another boy at the table jumped to life.

"Logan, your name is Logan right? You mind if I borrow that giant book of your afterwards?" he interrupted.

Despite his rudeness, it was not like Tsubaki to be rude back, so she shied away slightly to grab her pencil and paper from her bag. She was sure who she was going to write about. Ira Malaniuk, a famous opera singer. It would be no problem for Tsubaki, because she had already done a multi-page report about Ira Malaniuk at Nankota Prep.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:52 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
"Yeah, pleasures all mine", he replied to Carter as he let go of his hand.Johnathan then quickly spoke and told us the scene we were going to do, Damian only had one objection, the assignment itself. He despised Shakespeare and he had no experience with miming, nonetheless there was no option to sit this out so when Johnathan asked if there was any ideas better then his. Damian replied,"No, none". Damian now prepared for a painful class assignment that he was likely to embarass himself on.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Carter looked at John and said, " I would have liked to do something less cliché but I do not know anything about Shakespeare, so let's do this?"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 pm
Site Admin

To Evelyn, the two weeks following their first mission had been unbearably boring. Upon her return to the school, Evelyn's earlier request at having a single room had been accepted, and Harper was moved to another room. At first, she was ecstatic to have her own room, but she soon found herself utterly bored with no one else to talk to. By consequence she found herself almost always in the s****, though rather than train her Spiritorum abilities, as she was getting an odd spiritual feedback from her light wisps, she buried her head in the books of the library. Her topic of study? Purification and exorcism. The last mission revealed to her in many ways that there was much more to dealing with spirits than simply "killing" them when they got hostile.

Beyond her spiritual studies, her school studies were average to say the least. She was home-schooled for her entire life, so the new method of education seemed odd to her at times. Granted, she lacked the urge to actually try to do exceedingly well in the first place, she had no goals beyond high school. Once she graduated she was free to simply be rich, maybe go on a few world trips, slay a few demons, but otherwise she didn't need to, nor really want to, join the workforce.

She was unmoved by either of the two students who were introduced to the class. They were both weird; one with white hair, and the other clearly much older than the rest of the class to which Stanley eloquently pointed out. After Mrs. McGovney gave them the details to their assignment, Evelyn scanned the room to determine whom she could bare working with. Carter, Johnathan and the large kid Damian were quick to group up; predictable. Maximilian stood far away; she still didn't like him, though she wasn't entirely sure why. Sylvia stood alone as well; the girl tried too hard to be a rebel. Eventually her eyes landed on Bernice, the girl was quiet and timid; perfect. She walked over to Bernice's side and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Partners?" Evelyn stated more than suggested. Bernice looked up and smiled shyly, before nodding yes shaking the various braids in her hair. It was then that yet another boy burst into the room.

First Years

Daniel's entrance into the room did not go unnoticed as the class suddenly grew quiet and focused on the dishevelled young man. "Ah, Mr. Sweeny, late on your first day of your arrival, hmm?" The woman's frown transitioned flawlessly into a smile "Ah, no worries young man, class I introduce to you Mr. Daniel Sweeny. We have begun a miming project taking one of Shakespeare's play and miming it in order to gain a full grasp of learning how to express ourselves without words! Feel free to join a pair, or make a pair." She scanned the room and pointed at Maximilian "Ah, Maximilian doesn't have a partner!"

Second Years

Jenny and Patty giggled incessantly in the far corner of the library behind a mountain of books. Occasionally they peeked out from behind the books and looked in Logan's direction. While Logan himself was out of their hearing, those closer to their table could hear Jenny squealing over how attractive she found the young man's accent.

Third Years

"Ok good!" clapped Mr. Hightower "You can thank these four for cutting off five more minutes of lap time" he said pointing at Li, Adi, David and Peter. The Wongs collapsed on each other dramatically, as the rest of the class was allowed to stop. "Now that your blood is pumping we can get to some real work! Time to start climbin' walls!" He said indicating to the tall wall from which four ropes hung. "Let's see if my star pupils can climb like they run, WITH EXCELLENCE!

Fourth Years

"Tryna drill a hole into the keyboard" teased Amy sitting beside Alice, "I've given up already, Mei or Adrian are definitely going to win this one. What're you doing this weekend? You've been so spaced out lately, we definitely need to hang out."

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Logan, oblivious to his distant admirers, was a bit agitated by Dom's interruption. He grudgingly slid the hefty volume over to the newcomer and promptly grabbed another book, returning to his work. His mood immediately returned to normal once his focus was back on the paper. He was in the middle of writing about the time Allan McWilliam single-handedly took on a squad of five English cavalrymen with nothing but his dirk and a sling.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Daniel's eyes shifted to where the teacher was pointing. The boy named Maximilian had set himself away from the others in the class. A kindred spirit perhaps? With a bit of luck he wouldn't even have to make eye contact. Nodding to the teacher, he stepped over to where his new partner was sitting and took a chair next to him.
"Hello," He said nervously, barely audible over the chatter of the students.

Amy's voice dragged Alice out of her stupor. She felt pretty bad about ignoring her good friend recently, so the girl responded with a smile. "Same here, Wall Street isn't really where I want to be later in life. I've had a lot on my mind lately, but I don't think I have any plans this weekend. Maybe we could catch up later?" Alice was actually a bit taken aback by her thoughtfulness. Fixing frayed nerves was Amy's specialty.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus loved being in front of everyone. All she wanted to do was go and hang out with the cool kids. She always was popular for her self proclaimed "fashion sense". Lotus began to wonder who she would room with. Her saphirre eyes danced over the crowd looking from person to person pondering the question. Lotus sat down in the back by herself trying not to punch the chuby kid that was staring at her like a cheeseburger. She knocked aside the thoughts of the nerd and began thinking about her classes. Then she began to focus on the teacher on the front of the room.

Last edited by Wizzquizz on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Mr. Hightower's favorite exercise reflected his name well, the wall climb. Despite running several laps, which were thankfully cut short due to them, Li was still full with energy to climb the wall. Mr. Hightower's enthusiasm put Li into a good mood for the upcoming exercise. He walked up to the wall to volunteer among the first group to climb, grabbing the rope with one hand, then looking back at the rest of the class before starting his climb.

With the encyclopedia now in front of Dom, he started to flip through the pages randomly. The first few weren't actual historical figures, but rather events. Finally he got to the first person he found, Oscar Peterson, a jazz musician from the 20th century. Jazz music interested Dom enough, so he went with it. While reading up on Peterson, Dom kept hearing bursts of giggles, being constantly distracted by this, he gave a quick scan of the library. As soon as his eyes passed two girls behind a mountain of books, most likely learning about people in the room rather than people of the past, they ducked away in an instant. Confused, Dom slowly turned his head back towards his paper, but kept the corner of his eye on the two. Their heads popped out once more, telling Dom that they were watching him, or at least his table. But for what reason? Dom was so sloppily dressed, he knew it wouldn't attract any sort of girl, not that he cared too much about it. Was it the new student? No, she was, well, a she, so two girls had no reason to be squealing as they did about her. That left Logan. The way he spoke with a thick accent probably would grab the attention of many people, since it was so different and foreign.

After Dom's little game of detective in his head, he turned towards Logan again. "Hate to interrupt you again, but it seems you have quite the fan club," he whispered while pointing to the two in the corner.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Ah yes, it felt truly like the bootcamp he'd seen in so many war movies. Jogging then the obstacle course with a foul-mouthed drill sergeant to get them going. Sadly, Mr. Hightower was anything but. That wasn't going to stop the teacher from trying to run them ragged of course, as most of the others had experienced.

Adi didn't run to the to ropes immediately, it was more a sedate jog, as Mr. Hightower had not asked them to double time it. A wall that was maybe 3 metres tall stood before him. Any higher and the students would probably risk real injury Adi thought. Still it wouldn't do to fall and land on his neck even at that height so he made sure to take his time to feel the rope. It could support his weight easily and afforded good grip even with sweat building in his hands. Slowly, he winched his way up after Li who had been so enthusiastic about the whole exercise.

"If God wanted you up that wall, he'd have miracled you up there, was it?" he muttered again to himself as climbed.

That probably was the only movie he liked by Kubrick.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus began to look aroound the room at the others wondering who she should team up with. She finally decided that she would have to get up and ask someone. should she looked around the room for anyone who wasn't teamed up already. But her mind started to wonder when she thought about miming. " mimes." she muttered to herself. She began to think about the resemblance of mimes and white tigers. She LOVED tigers especially white tigers. She shook her head as she tried to focus on finding a teammate. "Anyone wanna be my partner?" she said loud enough for the people around her to hear.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm
Site Admin

Autumn, Friday 12:00 PM

The school bell rang for lunch and most of the students made their way to the cafeteria, while others made their way to the nearby cafes and restaurants like Trendy's. Every Friday, a formal meeting of the Darren Archive Club was held. While it wasn't mandatory that they went, chances are those that were absent would miss some sort of announcement.

First Years

Harper, in her usual cheerful manner was intrigued by the white-haired girl. Upon her asking if anyone wanted to be partners, she quickly made her way to the girl's side with a smile. "Sure I'll be your partner" spoke Harper cheerfully. However, before they could get down to business and discuss what they were to perform, the school bell rang. "We can work on this later, if you want we can even meet up this weekend!"

"Be sure to have your mimed scene ready for next week Wednesday, if you have yet to find a group be sure to find one before the presentation date, and remember the Drama Club is holding auditions for this year's play The Iliad! Have a pleasant weekend!" called out Mrs. McGovney while the children ran out from the theatre.

Evelyn and Bernice made a beeline for the cafeteria and they each grabbed a packaged lunch. Bernice waved shyly at Evelyn who in turn waved awkwardly as they made for opposite directions. Evelyn for the club meeting room, and Bernice for the library. Slowly in their own ways they were becoming friends.

Swerving around the various crowds of student who loitered in the halls, she was one of the first students to enter the room.

Second Years

Both of the girls' eyes widened as they became aware that they were noticed as Dominic happened to glance in their direction and whispered something to Logan.

"I'm actually going to die" groaned Jenny as she faux-fainted onto Patty's shoulder.

"Don't worry girl," consoled Patty "They're definitely talking about homework"

It was then that the bell rang, interrupting Jenny's chance at a rebuttal, and she then decided to hightail it out of the classroom with Patty linked to her arm. She cautiously looked back once to sneak a glance at Logan before heading for the cafeteria giggling with her best friend.

"See you on Monday" cheerfully called out Elaine "There's no need to do any research out of class, your history teacher has already booked your next history class in the library!"

Third Years

The gym class had been quite an arduous one, obstacle after obstacle they were required to do them all. Hurdles, tires, even a series of monkey bars. By the end of the class, the lesser athletic students struggled to leave the gym as they headed for lunch, or went to hit the showers.

Charlemagne glared at Adi and Li, since neither of them were regarded as popular it was safe to antagonize the two. "The dynamic duo, a****** and CHUN Li, thanks for making the rest of us look bad," he huffed.

Fourth Years

"Great!" replied Amy cheerfully "We may have lost some of our dearest friends last year, but we haven't lost each other. Remember that!" she said with a smile.

As the bell run, Mr. McGovney, who had been actively watching the development of the virtual stock market in the classroom, perked up with a broad smile. "It seems that Mr. Myles is today's winner! Remember that you have homework from pages 117 to 120 in your Accounting 401 textbooks!"

Amy got up from her chair and waved back at Alice "I'll see you after lunch!"

GREGORY

George's school issued PDA went off in his pocket:

Code:
Subject: <Darren Archive Club>
Hello Gregory,

This is Miss Rachel, the new supervisor of the Darren Archive Club. I am aware that you were a member last year, and were fortunate to not have been in that bus explosion. While I am thankful that you are alive, I do not wish for you to lose hope. This year we are picking up the pieces from last year, and we could really use your help. Your gift is not for you to hide.

Sincerely,
Doctor Rachel Dawn

NEW MEMBERS

For the first year students, those who missed the first club meeting, and those who newly transferred to the school, their PDA's also went off, though with a very different message.

Code:
Subject: <Congratulations! You've been invited to the Darren Archive Club>
Felicitations!

My name is Rachel Dawn and you've been invited to the exclusive Darren Archive Club. Join us at lunch in our club room to gain further information on the club or if you're simply curious! I look forward to seeing you there! 

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alice waved to her friend and stood up. The bus crash was still a sore issue with her, it seemed, because her stomach dropped as soon as Amy mentioned it. In any case she didn't have time to idly mope about it. Lunchtime on Friday -- That meant it was time for the Darren Archive Club to meet. While it wasn't actually mandatory, realistically speaking Alice in particular had no choice but to go. Grabbing her things she took a shortcut to the cafeteria, and immediately headed in the opposite direction upon picking up lunch, as if she were on tracks.

The chiming of the lunch bell told Daniel just how late he was. There wasn't even time for him to get work done with his partner, but he didn't care about the assignment, and it didn't seem like Maximilian was worried about it either, so he quietly made his way out the door. A strange buzzing sound was coming from his backpack, so he opened it and found the PDA the school had provided. "How do you work this thing..." He began before noticing the words on the screen. It seemed he had been invited into some exclusive club. Carefully the boy considered this. As of now nobody with any magical powers had revealed themselves to him. Was he really at some sort of school for ghost hunters, or was he just told that as an excuse to be shipped off to a boarding school? Either way Daniel intended to exhaust every available resource to translate that book. Not a single opportunity should be passed up, this one included.

With his map of the Academy he located the club room. It was much easier to find than the theater, being mainly isolated. Still he didn't want to get lost again so his face was buried in the map until he bumped into someone by accident.
"I'm sorry!" He stuttered in surprise while looking up at his victim. The girl in question towered over him, and was quite pretty, which was a strangely intimidating combination.

"... It's okay," Alice said. "Stop looking at me like I'm going to beat you up, or I'm going to beat you up!" The joke went way over his head, so she changed the subject. "Is that a map? I can help you find what you're looking for."

"Uh..." He was having trouble thinking of a way out of the situation, so for once the boy resigned himself. "The Darren Archive Club. Do you know what that is?"
The senior was shocked to hear that. This boy was omnivident? It seemed the drastic reduction in SDU members wasn't meant to be permanent.

"... Yeah, I'm in that club. Just follow me." She led him to the classroom and they entered together, Alice taking her usual seat in the top corner while Daniel headed straight for the back, planting himself in the spot Basil would usually be found in.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
As the bell rang, Damian was relieved, no Shakespeare or miming, atleast not for now. He looked over at Johnathan and Carter and told them "Well I guess we'll work on this some other time." He then proceeded straight over to the cafeteria before most others but on his way his PDA went off. He pulled It out and read the message, as he finished he thought to himself *Huh, exclusive club, may as well go check It out, I'm not too hungry anyways.* He then located the club room and entered seeing a few students from the class he was just In. Unsure of where to sit, he chose a random spot and sat, hoping this club would be worth his time.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:39 pm

VamanosPest wrote:
The joke went way over his head

((Boooooo.))

Logan was in deep, nearly trance-like, concentration, scribbling away on his paper as if his life depended on it. However, a voice jolted him from his stupor for the third time.
"Hate to interrupt you again, but it seems you have quite the fan club." The junior glanced over to where Dom was pointing and saw a table at the far end of the library.
He could tell that two people were sitting there, though they were obscured from sight by a mountain of books. He could faintly make out giggling, though.
"Ye sure they're nae just havin' a good chuckle at th' way ye wear yer jacket?" He poked, meaning it more as a subject changer than an actual crack at his colleague. The idea of having stalkers, though flattering, was not something he'd prefer to dwell on.
Fortunately, the lunch bell signaled the end of the class. Also, lunch. That was always a plus. The junior quickly packed up and stood to leave, but stopped for a second.
"Say, I dunnae think I got yer name." He said, extending a hand to Dom.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:10 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 98  Next