The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:02 am

[ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next
Goku 
BR Member

"North Korea Preps Hovercraft Assault Force"

Because when I think threatening, I think North Korea :/

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Currently Playing: Majikoi
YouTube Video:

Was watching Zak's Goku and he seems amazing.

Mains: Fox, Goku, Fox, Mario

Stream name: Lolwhateverbro

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2 v0.9b
Shocker14 wrote:
Well, it would be nice to launch it in kaio-ken mode.
Cool! :nod:

Sun May 03, 2015 4:28 am

MGN Username: Jon
Currently Playing: peach, ichigo, marth
DucKi wrote:
"North Korea Preps Hovercraft Assault Force"

Because when I think threatening, I think North Korea :/

Korea was threatening until The Interview.

Mon May 11, 2015 6:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Man, not a whole lot goin on here, darn shame. Just started playing Goku again and realized some things that should be noticed for competitive play:

This character is pretty fast. Sure he feels clunky on the ground, but if you use full momentum float cancels you can rush down your opponents quite well.

I feel like Gokus should start playing their defensive game like Bowser in Melee...aka Up-B's out of shield. Goku should bait his opponent into throwing out a laggy move on shield, especially dash attacks, and the Up-B out of shield. It does 12% and doesn't seem to stale and has good knockback, making it a good way to finish off an opponent that's playing defensive when their at a high percent.

I also think that Gokus should use full momentum aerial Down-B's and running Up-B's more for tech chasing. Up-B's often chain into each other and force the opponent to recover from above while a Down B will activate Kaio Ken and allow Goku to possibly finish off his opponent. The momentum aerial Down-B is also useful for platform tech chasing if you time it correctly. If timed and placed correctly, the Down-B hitbox will slide across and under a platform and cover a few tech options while still being safe.

Sun May 17, 2015 5:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
he feels clunky while floating imo - his ground and dash speed is very good, and I utilise that instead
(plus his float combos don't look nearly as cool)
together with his great nair you can play him like falcon in neutral, and he has a good projectile for mixing up approaches

I think you're trying to play him like peach and I'm trying to play him like falcon - interesting stuff. I have a feeling goku played lame/peachlike is better (no offense), as r2r beats me in the ditto using float a lot, but we'll see

my theory is that you should always go for KK setups and then 0-death them. if you want to play safe, only KK when at high %s, as default goku is decent

don't think upB techchasing is very good to be honest - what's the point when you can just grab them? goku has enough speed to techchase on reaction easily, and has great frame advantage on bthrow too.

upB oos has a bit of startup, so it's nowhere near as good as samus's upB.

agree with the downB while retaining momentum - at low/mid percents you can nair -> downB instantly as your momentum carries you onwards with the downB.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun May 17, 2015 6:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
yknow, aerial ki blasts are really good too...

Sun May 17, 2015 6:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Jammy wrote:
he feels clunky while floating imo - his ground and dash speed is very good, and I utilise that instead
together with his great nair you can play him like falcon in neutral, and he has a good projectile for mixing up approaches

I think you're trying to play him like peach and I'm trying to play him like falcon - interesting stuff. I have a feeling goku played lame/peachlike is better (no offense), as r2r beats me in the ditto using float a lot, but we'll see

my theory is that you should always go for KK setups and then 0-death them. if you want to play safe, only KK when at high %s, as default goku is decent

don't think upB techchasing is very good to be honest - what's the point when you can just grab them? goku has enough speed to techchase on reaction easily, and has great frame advantage on bthrow too.

agree with the downB while retaining momentum - at low/mid percents you can nair -> downB instantly as your momentum carries you onwards with the downB.

I agree Up-B has some startup and is not as good as Samus's, but so far I haven't really gotten punished for using it. Though this might be because there are so few consistent Goku players and people aren't used to getting hit with Up-B's OoS.

I also agree that UpB techchasing isn't always optimal when you can jab reset grab or something. However, I will say that is a great finisher if you knock someone onto the platform above you and they're at a decently high percent. SH Up-B will KO often.

@Mr. Z- Lol obvi, Aerial Ki Blast goes into a grab, Nair, Dair, Dspec possibly, and is a good approach against characters that control horizontal space.

Sun May 17, 2015 6:43 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:

Haha then we play Goku the same. I happen to have good experience playing CF and Peach so I guess I try to do both. I sorta switch between the two styles quite discretely though, basically I'm either playing Goku with a Peach mentality or I'm playing him with a Falcon mentality. Usually Peach when edgeguarding, and Falcon on stage. DD->nair->grab lol, float->nair/fair for edgeguard

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun May 17, 2015 9:20 pm
BR Member

upB doesn't kill til really high percents except on characters like kirby - it's aight as a finisher vs. floaties, but apart from that it's meh.

Youtube         Twitch

Mon May 18, 2015 5:08 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
UpB is Goku's best vertical kill move. More so if you can get them in the air before you land it.

Mon May 18, 2015 9:49 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Upb is 2 hits in next patch.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 am
BR Member

MaskofTruth wrote:
UpB is Goku's best vertical kill move. More so if you can get them in the air before you land it.

it might be his best vertical KO move, but it still doesn't kill until like 115% on midweights.

Youtube         Twitch

Mon May 18, 2015 10:21 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Another thing for Goku: Kaiken Activate-> Immediate Jab. Instant Kill unless I confuse with FTilt this is crazy powerful. Also I just noticed Im better if my opponent is in Kaioken mode lol

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon May 18, 2015 1:29 pm
BR Member

jab is where he sticks his foot out and waves it around for a while. can be SDI'd and is quite laggy.

Youtube         Twitch

Mon May 18, 2015 1:36 pm
 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next