The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm

[ 1 post ] 
RPS101-4: Because Terra is nowhere to be found. 
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es

Ever thought you were lucky?
Ever had a long streak you wanted to continue and shove in random strangers' faces?
Ever wanted to annihilate someone in RPS and force them to retre--
f*** this s*** I'm not Terra at all.

This is the fourth iteration of RPS-101, and while I attempt to salvage what's left of this series, I'll have some signup sheets.

HERE IS THE SIGNUP LIST
1. Nobody :(

How This Works:
In this game, players will be pitted against each other in the classic game of pure luck: Rock Paper Scissors. Three's really boring, though, and a bit too much luck for me. So we have one hundred and one actions, which makes it more fun and much more complicated. There's a file below listing all of them, so have fun.

Yo. This link right here. ---> Image

The Format
Each round of play, every player will be paired with another for a single game of Rock Paper Scissors. The winning player in each battle will progress to the next round, while the loser will fall into the loser's bracket. All the losers in the current round will square off with each other, and as the rounds progress, each loser from the winner's bracket will face off against a winner from the loser's bracket as necessary.
This process repeats until only two players remain: one from the main bracket and one from the secondary. Two games will be played at maximum: the winner of the loser's bracket must defeat the winner of the first twice in order to win. We will have placing matches to determine exact placings(obviously, right?), to make seedings more accurate in the future. These will not be in the main bracket, but will be (hopefully) a better way to gauge one's level of luck.

In the case that I do not have a player number that is a power of two, seeding will be determined by previous placing in any RPS tournaments(refer to points system in the doc below), then in order of signups.

Replacements
In the event that people do not submit their actions, I'll accept replacements.
Replacements should send in one action every round, even when they are not in a bracket and paired against a player. If any player does not submit an action, the first user in the replacement list will take their place and their action will be compared to their new opponent, and it will continue as normal.

Discussion and Deadlines
Discussion of events, plans and actions may be held in thread, and are encouraged! However, please don't communicate about the game outside this thread. It won't be punished, because I can't see a benefit in your doing so, but I'd like to be able to see what is going on, because I need to/want to? idk though.

On the declaration of a round, players will have 72 hours to submit one of the 101 actions listed previously. Failure to do so will result in immediate replacement, and your opponent will fight the new player as outlined above. If both players do not submit, both will be replaced and the replacements will fight each other.

However, if there are no replacements available for whatever reason, failure to submit will give you an automatic loss and your opponent will move on to the next round. If both players fail to submit in this situation, both will be eliminated and a new bot will be created and will claim the win for that battle. In this scenario, neither player progresses to the loser's bracket, and the winner of that bracket will get a free pass to the next round of that bracket.

After this 72 hour period, I will post that I am determining winners. This can take varying amounts of time dependent on many, many things. If I don't say something 24 hours after deadline, or if I'm taking more than 24 hours to calculate, feel free to shoot me a PM/message on Skype to remind me.

End of the Game
Winner will be given the title Champion of RPS-101[4], because that title is much more minimalistic than something like "McLeodGaming Forums Rock-Paper-Scissors-101 Champion of Thanksgiving-2014. Or rather, MLGFRPS101CT2014".

Registration is now open, and will stay open until I reach 16 people, or until I'm just plain-out lazy and decide to cut it. 8 people is our bare minimum, so keep that in mind.

Important Image's
RPS-101 rankings (as of RPS-101[2], as the third one never completed)
RPS-101[4] current bracket coming soon ;)

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:23 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 1 post ]