The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:40 pm

[ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
SSF2 Beta Developer Q&A Thread - PLEASE READ THE OP! 

MGN Username: MegucoRepi
Do you guys plan to include Bomberman's voice in some of his moves/taunts/actions and ZSS's blue effects for her flip jump? It's not a suggestion, but a serious question, since in ZSS case it's something that might be considered recent to her character (post-brawl).
And talking about moves, I ask the same about DK's hand slap (down B) working on the air and the player being able to change the distance of ZSS's flip jump, since those things are recent updates to their characters too.

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Last edited by LeafarTrinitski on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:45 pm

MGN Username: Rollaboy
Currently Playing: SSF2, Terraria, Spelunky and whatever else Cthulhu brings me.
Waifu: Shoggoth. Tekeli-li.
What exactly is Sandbag's face supposed to portray? Are those supposed to eyelashes, or tears in the fabric? Because from my point of view, it just looks like someone tripped with half a bucket of nightmare fuel and the poor thing just happened to be in the way. Maybe I'm just blind.
I'm rather curious, as well. What exactly causes an online match to fail the P2P connection? I understand online is being reworked, but this question doesn't get out of my head. What requirements (or lack thereof) cause this?
Also, is Waluigi supposed to have a fourth taunt? Because I saw something which I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to, thanks to a glitch.

Main:Image Secondary: Image

Image The satisfaction of making your own art is something truly remarkable. :colonthree:

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:40 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Rollaboy wrote:
What exactly is Sandbag's face supposed to portray? Are those supposed to eyelashes, or tears in the fabric? Because from my point of view, it just looks like someone tripped with half a bucket of nightmare fuel and the poor thing just happened to be in the way. Maybe I'm just blind.

Oh you sweet summer child, you're better off not knowing.

Anyway, question time. Really old subject, but I'm curious. IIRC Link used to have an infinite jab way back. Why was that removed?

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
I got two questions that still tickle my curiosity: which program was used to create the game's vectorial effects? And what's the name of the font for SSF2's logo?

Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:31 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Byllant wrote:
I got two questions that still tickle my curiosity: which program was used to create the game's vectorial effects? And what's the name of the font for SSF2's logo?
For the first question, Flash, same as the game itself. I don't know the answer to the second question, however.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:46 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Is it true that Luke Skywalker was planned to be SSF1's joke character instead of Mr. Incredible?

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Last edited by MedK on Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:19 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I have no idea who that is but the answer is no. At some point in the distant past Cleod did reveal to us that there was one more joke character planned for SSF1 but we are honourbound to not reveal who.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:50 am

Refurin wrote:
Byllant wrote:
For the first question, Flash, same as the game itself. I don't know the answer to the second question, however.

I guess I should ask that question to either Geno or TAC3.

The closure of the forums rises me another question: which will be the de facto place to report bugs or even ask questions like this to developers? Where should I go?

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:28 pm
Site Moderator

Byllant wrote:
The closure of the forums rises me another question: which will be the de facto place to report bugs or even ask questions like this to developers? Where should I go?

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter (we're mostly active on Twitter). For bug reporting you can join the MG Discord, which will more or less be a replacement for the forum anyway.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:43 am

Steven wrote:
Byllant wrote:

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter (we're mostly active on Twitter). For bug reporting you can join the MG Discord, which will more or less be a replacement for the forum anyway.

Not quite SSF2 related and a bit of an awkward question to ask, but since you're one of the most approachable devs, I'll do so.

The Box system from the forums ([box]) allowed us to post a bunch of screenshots and other things in an organized easy to access way and the page system let us access screenshots and other things from way back, so it was very convenient for doing our patented Screenstories by doing them in interconnected parts throughout the thread.

However, since Discord doesn't have either of those things, it'll be pretty dang hard to adapt Screenstories and other ordered posts (like CraftGMCs gif-filled move/gimmick guides) there. Any ideas for a proper replacement?

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:36 am
Site Moderator

Sonario wrote:
Steven wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Not quite SSF2 related and a bit of an awkward question to ask, but since you're one of the most approachable devs, I'll do so.

The Box system from the forums ([box]) allowed us to post a bunch of screenshots and other things in an organized easy to access way and the page system let us access screenshots and other things from way back, so it was very convenient for doing our patented Screenstories by doing them in interconnected parts throughout the thread.

However, since Discord doesn't have either of those things, it'll be pretty dang hard to adapt Screenstories and other ordered posts (like CraftGMCs gif-filled move/gimmick guides) there. Any ideas for a proper replacement?

I've quickly looked into this but I don't think Discord has comparable features sadly. Perhaps the cleanest solution for mass uploads would be to post them in a linkable twitter thread or imgur album. That way it's also easier to 'archive' them.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:59 am

Steven wrote:
Sonario wrote:
Steven wrote:
Byllant wrote:

I've quickly looked into this but I don't think Discord has comparable features sadly. Perhaps the cleanest solution for mass uploads would be to post them in a linkable twitter thread or imgur album. That way it's also easier to 'archive' them.

Right, I'll look into Twitter and maybe Imgur Albums then. One problem with Imgur though is that it's Blacklisted in the MG Discord for some reason and I can't post any links there without MEEP (or Cleod Bot 2.0 or whatever the thing is called) removing them.

Thanks for helping though, I knew you'd lend a hand. :tails:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:01 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Steven wrote:
I have no idea who that is but the answer is no.

I meant to say Luke Skywalker, oops. So yeah, was Luke Skywalker really going to be in the game?

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Steven wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Oh, I already follow you on all social networks except Discord. So that's the way. Just for curiosity, who's the main community manager for MG's social networks? Is it TSON? Is it you?

Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:55 pm
Site Moderator

Byllant wrote:
Steven wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Oh, I already follow you on all social networks except Discord. So that's the way. Just for curiosity, who's the main community manager for MG's social networks? Is it TSON? Is it you?

TSON.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:07 am
 [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next