The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[Wii U] Star Fox Zero 

So, the Star Fox reboot is only a couple of weeks away from release. A lot of information about the game has been released over time,

• The campaign is actually decently long if you're trying to unlock everything; around ten hours, give or take. If not, it's about three hours which is still longer than Star Fox 64, at least.
• The game is bundled with a called "Star Fox Guard" which is basically one of thosr old tower defense games mixed with the camera-swapping mechanic from Five Nights at Freddy's.
• No multiplayer... At all... Not even split-screen... I don't know why.

Those are the major things about the game. What do you guys think? Will it be a day-one purchase? Will you try it first before maki a decision? Or will you pass on it altogether.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
how come did slippy get a spinoff game before wolf or falco

Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Because slippy rules

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:15 pm
YIM WWW

Ten hours if you're trying to unlock everything is "decently long" now haha f*** what even happened

I'll get it if it ever goes below like £25, I like Star Fox but they really haven't done anything special with this one beyond it actually existing

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:31 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I want to get it on launch, looks sweet as hell. I ain't got the cash for that though so it'll probably be a few months

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:16 am

kb wrote:
Ten hours if you're trying to unlock everything is "decently long" now haha f*** what even happened

The quality standard for the length of a game's campaign (with the exception of RPGs) is actually 7-8 hours so the length of this game is actually pretty damn impressive—especially for a Star Fox game.

This is taking into account unlocking all of the levels and playing through all of their branching paths and it's not even counting the collectibles you can find to unlock other odds and ends in the game.

And even if you're not looking for all the secret exits, the linear campaign is still longer than all three paths of Star Fox 64 combined.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:26 pm

That's nice, honey.

Still not paying like £40 for 10 hours. Sorry for caring about getting my money's worth.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:32 pm

kb wrote:
That's nice, honey.

Still not paying like £40 for 10 hours. Sorry for caring about getting my money's worth.

Yeah, you've got a point--I wouldn't pay full retail price for it--especially since there's no online, which this game desperately needed.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
for me it depends on what the 10 hours ends up entailing exactly. i'd describe star fox 64 as only being a few hours long but infinitely replayable. so i'd invest in zero if it turns out to be along the same lines as that, but not if it's a more Assault styled, literally just 10 hours of sequential missions.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:38 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Tid wrote:
for me it depends on what the 10 hours ends up entailing exactly. i'd describe star fox 64 as only being a few hours long but infinitely replayable. so i'd invest in zero if it turns out to be along the same lines as that, but not if it's a more Assault styled, literally just 10 hours of sequential missions.

From what I understood the game is more or less a re-imagining of Star Fox 64 both in terms of story and mission layout.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:29 am

star fox 64 is a pretty bad comparison these days because it was basically an arcade game

the original n64 version didn't even let you save between levels, it was 100% designed to be finished in a single sitting

Zero isn't going to be like that because it's been 19 years since then

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:54 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
i think i'd still welcome a game of the same format if it was appropriately scaled up. saving between misions lets you make a game in that style a lot bigger and meatier and they definitely have the resources to just make a tonne of cool levels that they fit into a non linear sf64 kind of map. if it was fun and polished and well designed and kept me playing for a long time to try out all the content even once, not accounting for replays of the same levels, i'd pay full game price for it.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 am

Tid wrote:

The standard, linear campaign is similar to Assault and only lasts three hours. However, there are multiple paths in each level and numerous hidden levels to unlock which is where the extra seven hours come in.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 am

Waifu: I'm married
Consider the fact that a shooter is usually 8-10 hours if played without dying
So maybe this game is just going to be really hard

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:04 am
YIM WWW

Waifu: zero suit wario
YouTube Video:

So, Nintendo made an anime styled short of the game.
I have to say this one has got me excited, I think I'm gonna get the game soon.
(And finally an instance in which the Barrel Roll phrase has been used in context)

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:50 am
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next