The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:32 am

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The Story of Your Mains 

MGN Username: Goombario64
Currently Playing: SSB4
Pika (Main main): Started playing him in 0.9b. Saw Thunder's meteor effect and thought of how it's so much better than SSB4's. Instantly loved it. Plus Pika's the only Pokemon besides Jiggs (who I'm terrible with), so that's cool.

Mario (2nd): I always start every Smash Bros. game by playing with Mario first to get used to the game's mechanics. With me being a Mario fan, there's no need explaining further.

Mega Man (3rd): His Down-Special was (and is) really fun to play around with. There was a short time I played him a patch or two ago as my main main, but after switching over to a controller, he's hard to get used to. I play him mostly for fun now. Plus he reminds me of Shulk, so he's who I go to when I'm really feeling it.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Mains:
SSB4: Pika, Mario, and Yyyoshiii! I also enjoy Captain Falcon Dittos (who doesn't?!)
Pokkén Tournament:
Weavile, Pikachu-Libre, Shadow Mewtwo
Looking forward to playing as the Sandbag in SSF2. Time for some Revenge to be dished out.
~Formerly Goombario64~

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Just gonna update my mains.

Wario: Played plenty of his games as a little kid from both the Land series and the Ware series. Picked the fatman in every Mario spinoff game I ever owned. Pretty much my favorite Nintendo character.

Meta Knight: I thought I might as well main characters that I mained competitively in Brawl. SSF2 MK doesn't feel that far off from Brawl MK, and I can play in a similar fashion.

Now if only Lucario were in SSF2, I'd have all my Brawl mains to play as...

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Samus. Just Samus. Why? She was my main back in Melee (because Yoshi/Kirby still sucked hardcore at the time), and I decided to get really, /really/ into Metroid for a while during the mid 2000s, just playing whichever game I could. My first experience with Super Metroid could draw similar parallels with a Zelda fan's first time playing Ocarina of Time. I also took the time to pretty much memorize the original NES game so that I could finish it 100%, even though there was no reward for doing so at the time. I even joined the whole Ridley bandwagon when it came time for Brawl to fail to live up to everyone's expectations. Now, I just play her because I feel like I would otherwise be abandoning a dying franchise to wither in the F-Zero/Mother Graveyard.

That, and she's fun to play, especially when people rage about her missiles.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:03 pm

MGN Username: MMLegends
Currently Playing: SSF2
MM:well one day i started playing MM and just went with it.......
Ichigo:my secondary i made it my secondary to clone my frnd ichi.......

:naruto:
Watch MM doing stage spike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypav_if2-A

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:13 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Time for an update:

Kirby - Chudat is one of my favourite players. I noticed the SSF2 community was missing a Chudat. so I took him up.

DK - There's no Bowser yet. I need my hard hitters :( Still, it was recommended to me many times that I pick up DK based on my playstyle

Sora - I picked up Sora because I heard he was a very combo-oriented character and I needed to work on my combos. I actually found him really fun and still use him

Sheik/Zelda - I enjoy characters with complicated or combined playstyles, such as Robin, Olimar and Pokemon Trainer. I realised the devs had done something right with Zelda and Sheik so I picked them up.

Bomberman - I use him offline really, but see the point above

And I may as well mention:

Chibi - I find him a lot of fun. If you use toothbrush, you can "scrub scrubs". Kappa

ZSS - Paralyser. Nuff Said

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sat May 02, 2015 7:36 am

MGN Username: Chaunch
Samus: Has been with me since 0.9a, really interesting.

Donkey Kong:
YouTube Video:
Inspiration.

Jigglypuff: Free For Alls.

Sat May 02, 2015 2:30 pm

MGN Username: Chaunch
Trying to delete this post

Last edited by Chaunch on Sat May 02, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 02, 2015 2:30 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Mario: My main since Super Smash Flash.... He's always been my favourite character ever, and I will never drop him.

Wario: Inspired by Slaypes and Doof, he was one of my favourite characters in Brawl and v0.8a

Black Mage: When I unlocked him in v0.7, I was like "OHHOHOH who is this character! He looks so epic!" and when I used him, he was too fun. He's always been my backup character for more than 3 years.

Sat May 02, 2015 2:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Time for an update...

Lloyd: Was the first character I ever played in this game and sticked with him.
Tails: I like his potential and that he requires more techskill than any other character in the cast, even if I dont use it^^
Kirby: Kirby alsways has been a character I play sometimes. After dropping Puff, I tried him out and it worked pretty good! He also can ledgecamp pretty safe go annoy the f*** outta others.

Ness: Was my main in Smash 4, and I wanted to give him a chance here. I like this incarnation better because I have the feeling he his more flexible, even if hes worse.
Pikachu: Dropped him a while ago becuase I didnt fit his required playstyle, but Im trying to get him again.
Samus: Same as Pikachu.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sat May 02, 2015 3:06 pm

MGN Username: FrenchKissHey
Waifu: you guys
Sheik : Because Sheik. <3

Sat May 02, 2015 4:21 pm

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
DK
I started using DK because Bowser wasn't in the game and I used Bowser a lot in Sm4sh. In order to wait for my favourite Smash Bros character, I decided to use DK for a bit since he hits hard. As I played with randoms I realized that DK was the only character I can use to keep up with people at that time so I decided to stick with him.

Marth:
He is not really a main, but he is my secondary character. I started using him because he is broken and easy to use.

Last edited by PowtaPraeto on Sat May 02, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 02, 2015 9:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Tails: I wanted to main somebody that wasn't low tier material. It took me a while to decide whether I would pick up tails or not, because his playstyle didn't seem to complement mine in any way. But after playing some matches with him and even doing some dittos wtih Remprower (that I've lost of course), it seemed like I knew what I was doing with him.

Sat May 02, 2015 10:00 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Mario: When I play SSF2 for the first time, I picked him first.

Marth: He's Marth

Sun May 03, 2015 11:55 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: AnimeKing2020
Currently Playing: Undertale (2/3 Routes Finished.), Sm4sh, SSF2, Sudmemo,Mario And Luigi Paper Jam,Sonic World (99%)
Link: Since SSB N64 I've Been Playing Link And He Was Eventually My Favorite Character I Found Him Very Fun To Use And Very Easily Skilled He Was My First And Is My Best Main.
Toon Link: I Never Liked Young Link That Much I Just Found him To Be a Carbon Copy Of Link And I Understand He Was From OOT But I Felt He Needed Something More, So When Toon Link Came Around It Was Just What I Needed... Fast, Strong, And Able Bound For Both Defense And Offense.
Sonic: As A Fan Of The Sonic Series I Found to Be Very happy When He Was Added In Super Smash Bros Brawl Let Alone When He Was In SSF1. He Was The First Character I Ever Played In SSBB.His Moveset Was Very Unique And His Attack Were Implemented Accordingly And I Loved His Capabilities, So I Adopted Him As A Main...
Luigi:I Never Really Like Mario's Moveset After SSB N64. When Melee Came Around I HATED His Moveset...And In Brawl Not Only Did I Not Like His Final Smash He Was All Around Useless. So In Brawl I Decided To Practice With Luigi Who Was In Turn My Favorite Super Mario Brothers Character.
Eventually I Learned Alot About His Combos And Usage Of Defense.
JigglyPuff: I Recently Discovered How JigglyPuff 's Combos Tie In Together And No I Do Not Mean The D-Air To Rest Combo... I Saw A Popular Youtube Known As PKSparkxx
Doing A For Glory Video With JigglyPuff As He Seemed To Be Struggling..So I Decided To See If She Was A Difficult Character To Use, And Instantly I Got The Hang Of Her Moveset And How Much She Can Combo...

Mains: TBD

Sun May 03, 2015 12:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Errrr... Dude, this is about SSF2, not SSBB. Wrong forum.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sun May 03, 2015 1:17 pm
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next