The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 1181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
MG Mafia XVII: JoJo's Bizarre Mafia (Fin) 

Who should host next game?
Poll ended at Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:48 pm
CXCIV - Turnabout Mafia (Ace Attorney) 63%  63%  [ 12 ]
Terra - All-stars 2 (Roles based on previous mafia game roles) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
TheOneWhoKnocks - DotA-themed Mafia (Roles based on heroes from the games) 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Axel - Kibgdom Hearts Mafia (uPick setup) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

MG Mafia XVII: JoJo's Bizarre Mafia (Fin) 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Alright. We're all fairly salty. However, I think it important to thank Speedwagon for the effort she put into this game. The mistake she made is an easy one to make for a new mod; she put story before balance. 194 and I did the same thing in Cave Story mafia. We were too concerned about adhering to canon and didn't think about how doing so would affect the game. I'm guessing the same thing happened here.

So thank you, Speedwagon, for a fun game. It's too bad that it was wrecked by poor balance decisions, but it was fun to play nonetheless. I'm sure you'll do better next time.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Role List

Town:
Jonathan Joestar: show
Role: Jonathan Joestar (Main protagonist and true gentleman. Dio's rival and the first JoJo)
Role(s): Vanilla Townie/Situational Vigilante
Stand: None
Ability: Incredible athleticism and use of the ripple.

Active abilities

You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely, Joestar-san!

Hidden ability

Hamon: After gaining power from Zeppeli, you gain an ability called: Sunlight Yellow Overdrive: Pick a player at night. If they are a vampire, they will be destroyed by your many ripple punches. Bypasses Dio Brando's freezing ability.

William Antonio Zeppeli: show
Role: William Antonio Zeppeli (Ripple master and Jonathan Joestar's ally and mentor)
Role(s): Situational Vigilante
Ability: Several ripple abilities like standing on water and destroying vampires.

Sendo Wave Kick: A ripple technique using the knee. Transfers the ripple into a vampire's body to obliterate them. Choose a player at night. If they are a vampire, they will be killed by this attack.

Passive abilities

Supreme Deep Pass Overdrive: You summon the last of your strength to use your final ripple technique. Your life energy is transferred to Jonathan and he receives a major boost in power. When you die, Jonathan will gain a new power.

Joseph Joestar: show
Role: Joseph Joestar (Jonathan's grandson and most comical JoJo)
Role(s): Watcher
Stand: Hermit Purple
Abilities: Ripple user, using his stand he gains telepathic powers and can project psychic images in the form of photographs.

Active Abilities

Psychic Photography: Choose a player. You will take a psychic photograph of that person and witness every player that visits them that night.

Passive ability

Ingenuity: You are able to get out of most dangerous situations due to your genius. You are unaffected by Dio Brando's Space Ripper Stingy Eyes ability.

Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli: show
Role: Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli (Grandson of Will A. Zeppeli and ally of Joseph Joestar)
Role(s): Situational Vigilante/Beloved Princess
Ability: Creating bubbles infused with the ripple.

Active abilities

Shabon Lenses: Your last great attack. You create bubble lenses that refract light at a target so they'll be frozen in place while you finish them off with a ripple attack. Will only kill vampires. Choose a player. You will spend the night creating the lenses for the trap and will attack them the following night.

Passive abilities

SHIIIIZAAAAAAAAA: If you die at some point of the game, your friend Joseph will spend the next night phase mourning your death and will be unable to use his night action.

Jotaro Kujo: show
Role: Jotaro Kujo (Marine biologist and most popular JoJo)
Role(s): Vigilante
Stand: Star Platinum
Ability: His Star Platinum has many abilities ranging from boasting amazing precision, speed, and strength to stopping time.

Active abilities

Blazing Fists: Your Star Platinum rushes out ahead of you and pummels your opponent with a barrage of punches while yelling "Ora" multiple times. During the night phase, you may choose a player. That player will be punched to death by your Star Platinum.

Hidden ability

Star Platinum: The World! Time has stopped!: Once DIO begins stopping time to kill people, you eventually can stop time, yourself and move freely in stopped time. You are unaffected by DIO's time stop ability. This ability becomes passive as soon as Dio becomes DIO.

Josuke Higashikata: show
Role: Josuke Higashikata (Illegitimate son of Joseph Joestar and high school freshman)
Role(s): Doctor/Doublevoter
Stand: Crazy Diamond
Ability: The ability to restore people or objects to how Josuke remembers them by hitting them with his Crazy Diamond.

Active abilities

Restoration: Once a night, you may choose a player to protect. If they are attacked, you can restore them before they are killed. Sadly, this will not work if they are already dead.

Passive abilties

Your Life is Important: Although you can restore people and objects, you can't restore yourself. But you knew that already, right Josuke?

Hidden ability

What'd you just say about my hair!?: Your pompadour is often insulted, but they don't know you wear it out of respect for the young man who saved your life. If a player votes for you and you vote them back, you will cast a doublevote on them, automatically.

Rohan Kishibe: show
Role: Rohan Kishibe (Famous mangaka and ally of Josuke Higashikata)
Role(s): Hated Cop
Stand: Heaven's Door
Ability: The ability to transmute people into "human books", with written pages unfurling from their bodies. These pages contain information about the person.

Active abilities

Book-Human Transmutation: You turn your target into a book of their memories and can read them. Choose a player at night. You will be told whether they're innocent or guilty.

Write-in Command: You are also able to write "Can not attack Rohan Kishibe" as a command in their memories. During the next night phase, if that player targets you, their action will fail. You can only use this on every odd night.

Passive abilities

Arrogance: Because of your general demeanor towards other people, the town has begun to dislike you. It takes one less vote to lynch you.

Giorno Giovanna: show
Role: Giorno Giovanna (Son of DIO and aspiring mafia godfather with a heart of gold)
Role(s): Reviver/Roleblocker/Miller
Stand: Gold Experience
Ability: Giving life to people and even inanimate objects by touching them with his Gold Experience.

Active abilities

Gift of Life: Your Gold Experience can give life to anything it touches, alive or dead. If you successfully target a dead player, they will be brought back to life. If you target a player that is still alive; however, their mind will react to things much faster than their body and will not perform any action that night.

Passive abilities

This taste... it is of a liar!: Because you are the son of the main villain, you are mistaken as a villain, yourself. You appear guilty when investigated.

Bruno Buccellati: show
Role: Bruno Buccellati (Passione gang member and Giorno Giovanna's greatest ally)
Role(s): Bus Driver/Situational Bulletproof
Stand: Sticky Fingers
Ability: Creating openings in objects by placing zippers on them. Can even place zippers on people.

Active abilities

Sticky Fingers: Choose two players. You will open a zipper between them and swap their positions.

Hidden ability

Bizarre Will: If you are killed by the mafia, and are revived by Giorno's ability, you will be immune to the mafia's night kills for the rest of the game.

Jolyne Cujoh: show
Role: Jolyne Cujoh (Daughter of Jotaro Kujo and the only female JoJo)
Role(s): Jailkeeper
Stand: Stone Free
Ability: To unravel herself into string. This proves to be a versatile ability.

Active Abilities

String Decomposition: Jolyne unravels herself and wraps an opponent with her string, keeping them from performing any actions, but also protecting them. Choose a player at night. You will jailkeep that player. It cannot be used on yourself.

Hidden ability

Daddy's Little Angel: Your father is a vigilante, but he could never harm your precious face. You are immune to Jotaro's Blazing Fists ability.

Mafia:
Dio Brando: show
Role: Dio Brando (Main villain and fabulous vampire)
Role(s): Situational Roleblocker/Super Saint
Ability: Ability to freeze anything he touches and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

Active abilities:

Blood Freeze: You are able to vaporize your bodily fluids rapidly enough to freeze anything you touch. If you use this ability, you will be immune to most ripple attacks and if you are successful, that player will be unable to use their ability the next night due to being frozen.

Passive abilities

Space Ripper Stingy Eyes: Christened by Straizo, you are able to pressurize liquid in your eyeballs and then create small openings in your pupils, eventually creating two fluid jets powerful enough to slice stone and kill living things. If you are lynched, you will act as a bomb and kill the person who hammered you.

This is the ultimate high!: You come into the game with the knowledge that your rival, Jonathan Joestar, is also in this game. Wouldn't it be nice to have his amazing body? If Jonathan dies you will acquire his body the following night and unlock your full potential!

Weakness to the Sun: As a vampire, the ripple is deadly to you. If you are targeted by a ripple attack without protecting yourself with your blood freezing ability, you will die instantly.

Diavolo: show
Role: Diavolo (Paranoid mafia kingpin)
Role(s): Roleblocker/Godfather
Stand: King Crimson
Ability: To erase time, rendering his opponents' moves useless.

Active abilities

Time Erasure: You can see what actions your opponent will take and erase time so they go straight to after the erased time. Choose a player. They will be roleblocked that night.

Passive abilities

Vinegar Doppio: Your young, innocent, and bizarre second personality. You are able to switch between two different personalities and even different bodies! You appear innocent when investigated.

Enrico Pucci: show
Role: Enrico Pucci (Catholic priest whom idolizes DIO)
Role(s): Situational Thief
Stand(s): Whitesnake, C-Moon, Made in Heaven
Ability: Can extract someone's memory or stand in form of a CD, create a gravitational field around him, and speed up time in the entire universe.

Active abilities

Whitesnake: Choose a player at night. You will steal all of the player's stand abilities to use during the next night phase. Only works on stand users.

C-Moon: Your stand can manipulate gravity and you can use this to avoid getting attacked by hovering above the enemy's reach. You may use this ability at night. You are bulletproof for that night.

Made in Heaven: Your final ability. You manipulate gravity to accelerate time until it literally resets the universe recreating it in your image. Activate this ability at night. If you manage to successfully activate it twice, your team will automatically win the game.

Passive abilities

Prime Advancement: Your stand needs time to develop more skills. Each stand replaces the last, so use your abilities wisely! You start off with Whitesnake. You will gain C-Moon on night 3 and Made in Heaven on night 7.

Hallelujah: Even though you're an evil priest, you're still a priest! You will flip town if you die.

3rd Party:
Yoshikage Kira: show
Role: Yoshikage Kira (Serial killer with a sick fetish for women's hands)
Stand: Killer Queen
Ability: To destroy any evidence of his victim by way of bombs.

Active Abilities

Bomb #1: You "touch" someone at night and they become a living bomb. At any point during the next day phase you can pm me the message "DETONATE" and whoever you targeted will be daykilled.

Bomb #2 (Sheer Heart Attack): If you choose to use your secondary bomb, it will go off on its own. The player with the most players targeting them will be incinerated.

Killer Queen Bites the Dust: Your tertiary bomb. Choose a player at night. You will tell them your identity and activate your ability. The next night phase onwards, if they are targeted by investigative or tracking roles, your ability will kill those players. This ability only works on players without stands (risky as most players will be stand users). The ability will be active until you manually cancel it with a CANCEL command.

You may only use 1 bomb at a time.

Passive abilities:

I Just Want to Live a Normal Life: You don't like being the center of attention. Unfortunately, this means that if either you or your target is targeted by an investigative or tracking role, your action will fail. Only applies to Bomb #2 if you are targeted.

I Had a... Boner: You've heard a rumor that there is a female character in this game. A secondary win condition is that you blow her up so you and her hand can live happily ever after in your beautiful Duwang.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Currently Playing: Force of Will, League of Legends, Yu-Gi-Oh!
King Arthur wrote:
I was going to make a post about how by process of elimination it had to be DJ

But AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You know, I was going to do the exact same thing. But then he put a vote on you.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Currently Playing: baseball.
Shoop you sure didn't waste time to quick hammer KA lol

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:47 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Lmao deph didn't actually know if I was in the game or not

AMA

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Yeah I lied about that. But it should be common sense that the main character is in the game and town.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:28 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Brikanorak wrote:
Alright. We're all fairly salty. However, I think it important to thank Speedwagon for the effort she put into this game. The mistake she made is an easy one to make for a new mod; she put story before balance. 194 and I did the same thing in Cave Story mafia. We were too concerned about adhering to canon and didn't think about how doing so would affect the game. I'm guessing the same thing happened here.

So thank you, Speedwagon, for a fun game. It's too bad that it was wrecked by poor balance decisions, but it was fun to play nonetheless. I'm sure you'll do better next time.

It was a fun game. Not every game has to be OMG SO BALANCED to be fun. This one was just hectic, which is a breath of fresh air considering a lot of the games that have taken place on this forum.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Dephius wrote:
Yeah I lied about that. But it should be common sense that the main character is in the game and town.

He isn't the "main character". He's the protagonist of a single part of the whole series. The shortest part.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm
BR Member

@Geno: Sure, games don't have to be perfectly balanced to be fun. I completely agree. The problem is that this setup was designed to punish the town for playing well. Axel shooting Shoop, which is what he was supposed to do, led to a game that was impossible for the town to win. That isn't fun.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 pm
Site Admin

"Impossible for the town to win" is pretty dramatic. If King Arthur's lynch wasn't made at the speed of light there is a chance that Shoop could have been singled out. I had no inside information and I guessed Shoop was the last scum after Champ was lynched considering his gameplay. This game was jojo's ->bizarre<- mafia, crazy s*** was happening the whole game. Don't blame the design, you just had to think outside the box.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Dr.Geno wrote:
"Impossible for the town to win" is pretty dramatic. If King Arthur's lynch wasn't made at the speed of light there is a chance that Shoop could have been singled out. I had no inside information and I guessed Shoop was the last scum after Champ was lynched considering his gameplay. This game was jojo's ->bizarre<- mafia, crazy s*** was happening the whole game. Don't blame the design, you just had to think outside the box.

Exactly.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 pm
Site Moderator

The thing is, including someone who flips town upon death AND an unlimited reviver in a game is essentially like including a mafia Innocent Child. Brik is right, the town were punished for using their powers to the fullest.

AMA

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm
Site Admin

Town had to go about scum hunting in a different manner. You couldn't go solely off your powers. On top of that, it was 10-3. Town just got a rough start and inactive/unhelpful members.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 pm
Site Moderator

Well there's a difference between trusting a cop result and trusting when the mod tells you that someone was of a certain alignment. Anyway, thanks to Speedwagon for the game and introducing me to JoJo which actually seems pretty cool

AMA

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:28 pm
BR Member

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Well there's a difference between trusting a cop result and trusting when the mod tells you that someone was of a certain alignment.l
This. This was the problem. If we had been given some indication that mod posts weren't to be trusted it would have been fine. As it was, there was no reason for us to suspect that anything was amiss.

Shoop made the setup unwinnable because there was no logical way to out him. The cop wasn't going to waste a valuable investigation on a player that the moderator confirmed as town, and even if he had Shoop could easily have claimed miller and we really would have had no choice but to believe him. The town certainly wasn't going to lynch him. What else were we supposed to do? It's easy to say "oh you should have considered all this stuff at lylo" in hindsight, but think about it from a player perspective. King Arthur and DJ both knew that they themselves were town. They also knew that the moderator confirmed Shoop to be town. What is the logical conclusion? The non-confirmed guy must be scum! Never in a thousand years would someone think to themselves, "oh, of course! The moderator must have lied to us that one time, therefore this confirmed townie must be scum." Especially not after having seen that all of the previously revived townies that died a second time were, in fact, town.

Again, this would have been fine if a) there had been no reviver, or b) there had been some indication that the mod could not be trusted. And no, putting "bizarre" in the title doesn't count. That was the only "bizarre" thing in the game.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:30 pm
 [ 1181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next