The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:48 pm

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
September 1st, 2012 News (Disaffiliation w/ Expansion Forum) 

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Don't cry about it. I honestly think a lot of the expansions were terrible. Shy guy... The only expansions I was looking forward to were the ones created by Sonicstormer.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Rarity wrote:
Don't cry about it. I honestly think a lot of the expansions were terrible. Shy guy... The only expansions I was looking forward to were the ones created by Sonicstormer.

Go looking for the original shy guy topic, I dare you.

But honestly the EF is still going to do it's thing because nobody can just stop us. Plus DLC is going to have to be put somewhere.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Mr_L wrote:
Rarity wrote:

Go looking for the original shy guy topic, I dare you.

But honestly the EF is still going to do it's thing because nobody can just stop us. Plus DLC is going to have to be put somewhere.

Naw, I'm good. I don't really care either. EF is done. With MG that is.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 pm

MGN Username: C_Mill24
Currently Playing: Shovelware
Waifu: Laura Bailey
Couldn't think Cleod could possibly get any lower.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Cutting off an infected limb does not make him low.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:20 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
C_Mill24 wrote:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 pm
Currently Playing: Let's use Daddy's Welfare Haphazardly
tl;dr, Nothing has changed at all.

The forums have always been wavering in and out, and the fact that the devs barely visit it probably has something to do with it. I'm not complaining, but it seems pointless to assign someone to a position when they don't commit to it, by choice or otherwise. It's never been about official expansions or expansion quality, it's about people having good enough attention spans to be able to actually commit to the act.

Rarity wrote:
Cutting off an infected limb does not make him low.

He isn't cutting off an infected limb, he's leaving an infantile child to die. Which is low. If he wants to go to the lengths to actually put DLC in the game then he should damn well make sure that it's a dedication, otherwise there's certainly no need to make any damn DLC. It's not his fault that he has to do this, but it isn't our problem that he is.

You look like crap.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Quiet Frank wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:

lol
Also, I think the butthurt will overflow this topic.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Lucina wrote:
Also, I think the butthurt will overflow this topic.

^ Really, new like this isn't for discussing.

You look like crap.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Chaosvii7 wrote:

He isn't cutting off an infected limb, he's leaving an infantile child to die. Which is low. If he wants to go to the lengths to actually put DLC in the game then he should damn well make sure that it's a dedication, otherwise there's certainly no need to make any damn DLC. It's not his fault that he has to do this, but it isn't our problem that he is.

He doesn't see any reason to keep the EF. Why have a forum filled with amateur DLC when they can do it themselves. I'm just saying that you should find something else to do.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Rarity wrote:
Chaosvii7 wrote:

He doesn't see any reason to keep the EF. Why have a forum filled with amateur DLC when they can do it themselves. I'm just saying that you should find something else to do.

They made the EF so the Devs didn't have to make the DLC, unless you want inexperienced MG 10 year olds to try it on for size. Which we've had to deal with for years. Them coming and going after whining from getting critiqued about how they "Were not amazing" Than coming back here and getting praised.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Mr_L wrote:
Rarity wrote:
Chaosvii7 wrote:

They made the EF so the Devs didn't have to make the DLC, unless you want inexperienced MG 10 year olds to try it on for size. Which we've had to deal with for years. Them coming and going after whining from getting critiqued about how they "Were not amazing" Than coming back here and getting praised.

Apparently Cleod had a change of heart otherwise the EF would still be in the affiliates page. (:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Rarity wrote:
Chaosvii7 wrote:

But why put us through all of that if you were so hesitant to the idea anyways? And even if you did make a mistake and knew it, why not deal with it sooner?

And it's not supposed to be amateur DLC, it's under the platform that anyone with the appropriate resources should be able to do it. And that's a mighty fine platform to deal with.

Cleod is severing ties because there is no manual of style relevant to Expansions; The concept was "anything can be an expansion", but anyone can tell that's dumb, so now the idea is to turn it into "most things under a certain guideline of quality can be an expansion", still tried and true.

The place isn't doomed, it just isn't going to be able to forward itself as a subsidiary of MG without being given an acceptable way to do so, presumably up to him and the devs to decide.

You look like crap.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Rarity wrote:
Mr_L wrote:
Rarity wrote:
Chaosvii7 wrote:

Apparently Cleod had a change of heart otherwise the EF would still be in the affiliates page. (:

Cleod9 wrote:
Please note that this will not affect our plans for expansion content. MG will have its own system for managing and distributing DLC after the full release of the game. But until then I am not offering any support for unofficial expansion content. There currently are no standards set for spriting expansion material, so I don't want to encourage it to the public before we have even set up a system for it, I hope you understand. It would be a shame to see a lot of wasted effort on sprites that don't necessarily meet our standards.

Still going to be used. Just not looked at as official until SSF2 is released.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Mr_L wrote:
Rarity wrote:
Mr_L wrote:
Rarity wrote:
Chaosvii7 wrote:

Cleod9 wrote:
Please note that this will not affect our plans for expansion content. MG will have its own system for managing and distributing DLC after the full release of the game. But until then I am not offering any support for unofficial expansion content. There currently are no standards set for spriting expansion material, so I don't want to encourage it to the public before we have even set up a system for it, I hope you understand. It would be a shame to see a lot of wasted effort on sprites that don't necessarily meet our standards.

Still going to be used. Just not looked at as official until SSF2 is released.

Well that's good for a lot of people here. But I don't understand why expansions would be such a big deal for this game in the first place.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 pm
 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next