The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:53 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
Zelda 
SSF2 Developer

Yup, or the Ledge. Just like pretty much any other character ^__^

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:43 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
yeah that's....the whole point of having landing lag

:/

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:08 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
So was there like a universal increase in up special landing lag?
Because now it all makes sense lol

Sweetspotting the ground is better than nothing. I just don't think the distance should've been nerfed.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:48 am
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
IIRC, there was a global specialfall landing lag increase.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:05 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Zalozis wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Escaping pressure doesn't become that much harder if you nerf the priority, if you can't chase Zelda down.
If you can't chase down Zelda, it must seriously be lag in play. I get punished all the time for being too preemptive with teleport at mid-range. There's a pretty big window to hit Zelda before the hit-box comes out and before she disappear.

the window isn't large. she gets like, intangibility when she's about to teleport and it even stuns you for a short while if you try to attack her out of it.
like I previously stated. you need very good reactions and positioning to react to all of the possible outcomes of FW without a hard read.

also, someone was saying that it's easy to punish the endlag. it's not. shield or spotdodge is a fast defensive option that can be used almost immediately out of upB. you're delusional if you don't think FW is too good in this demo.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:32 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Jammy wrote:
like I previously stated. you need very good reactions and positioning to react to all of the possible outcomes of FW without a hard read.
"Which isn't difficult to do."

Is what I going to say, but I know that doesn't provide any counter to that statement. But I'll put in it this matter; I, as player, can react to FW when fighting Zelda. Other players have reacted accorded against it when I'm using Zelda. I don't know what issue you, as a Falcon main, find with it, but it must be a real one for you. To me, if there was an issue, I think online may makes it more difficult for being an inconsistent environment, but I have not experienced it myself.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:36 pm
BR Member

Zalozis wrote:
Jammy wrote:

Is what I going to say, but I know that doesn't provide any counter to that statement. But I'll put in it this matter; I, as player, can react to FW when fighting Zelda. Other players have reacted accorded against it when I'm using Zelda. I don't know what issue you, as a Falcon main, find with it, but it must be a real one for you. To me, if there was an issue, I think online may makes it more difficult for being an inconsistent environment, but I have not experienced it myself.

alright I'mma prove my point WITH SCIENCE.

here's a gfy of a Falcon that reacts in 6 frames (to the first puff of smoke that appears after the teleport), with Zelda holding shield the entire time her teleport endlag is occuring.
https://gfycat.com/CreepyFloweryHen
6 frames is roughly equivalent to 0.20 seconds.
the average human reaction time to a visual stimulus is about 0.215 - 0.25 seconds.
as you can see, the falcon is positioned so that he can cover all of the teleport options as best as he can.
so if the average human is reacting to a teleport, then even if they are perfectly positioned and react as soon as they can, the Zelda player will be able to shield the move as seen in the gfy above.
this doesn't take into account being under tournament pressure and having to look out for the other teleport directions as well, which can further hinder your reactions.

here's a similar gfy of a Falcon that reacts in 5 frames.
https://gfycat.com/AnimatedCavernousImperatorangel
this time he is able to hit Zelda with a jab, but this is the earliest frame that Falcon can react to and punish Zelda that I have found. there may be a faster move that can hit her, but afaik dash-canceled jab is the fastest.
so to be able to hit Zelda out of teleport endlag, the player will have to react in roughly 0.17 seconds. this is an extremely fast reaction time, and given tournament pressure etc. it's a very tall order to ask of even very high level players.

TL;DR - godly reaction time needed even with perfect positioning.
Zalozis wrote:
I, as player, can react to FW when fighting Zelda. Other players have reacted accorded against it when I'm using Zelda.

yeah, I assume that reacting to FW seems like almost an impossibility as Zelda as she's a lot slower than Falcon, so I think in your scenario the Zelda players aren't acting out of the endlag fast enough.
either that or you're reading and not reacting.

all frame data recorded by hand with the game playing at like 1FPS so it's not perfect but you get the general idea.

Youtube         Twitch

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:33 am

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Jammy wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
Jammy wrote:

alright I'mma prove my point WITH SCIENCE.

here's a gfy of a Falcon that reacts in 6 frames (to the first puff of smoke that appears after the teleport), with Zelda holding shield the entire time her teleport endlag is occuring.
https://gfycat.com/CreepyFloweryHen
6 frames is roughly equivalent to 0.20 seconds.
the average human reaction time to a visual stimulus is about 0.215 - 0.25 seconds.
as you can see, the falcon is positioned so that he can cover all of the teleport options as best as he can.
so if the average human is reacting to a teleport, then even if they are perfectly positioned and react as soon as they can, the Zelda player will be able to shield the move as seen in the gfy above.
this doesn't take into account being under tournament pressure and having to look out for the other teleport directions as well, which can further hinder your reactions.

here's a similar gfy of a Falcon that reacts in 5 frames.
https://gfycat.com/AnimatedCavernousImperatorangel
this time he is able to hit Zelda with a jab, but this is the earliest frame that Falcon can react to and punish Zelda that I have found. there may be a faster move that can hit her, but afaik dash-canceled jab is the fastest.
so to be able to hit Zelda out of teleport endlag, the player will have to react in roughly 0.17 seconds. this is an extremely fast reaction time, and given tournament pressure etc. it's a very tall order to ask of even very high level players.

TL;DR - godly reaction time needed even with perfect positioning.
Zalozis wrote:
I, as player, can react to FW when fighting Zelda. Other players have reacted accorded against it when I'm using Zelda.

yeah, I assume that reacting to FW seems like almost an impossibility as Zelda as she's a lot slower than Falcon, so I think in your scenario the Zelda players aren't acting out of the endlag fast enough.
either that or you're reading and not reacting.

all frame data recorded by hand with the game playing at like 1FPS so it's not perfect but you get the general idea.

Tbh, I don't really see why this is a problem. I can see why it would be bad if it were unpublishable on block or something, but it doesn't need to have the endlag to be punishable upon landing.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:57 pm
BR Member

Jaguar3600 wrote:
Tbh, I don't really see why this is a problem. I can see why it would be bad if it were unpublishable on block or something, but it doesn't need to have the endlag to be punishable upon landing.

the problem is it's (imo) a very safe recovery / get-out-of-pressure-free card / approach, which is frustrating to play against and is skewed in terms of risk:reward.

no other characters in the cast get this kind of option, and I don't see why Zelda, an already strong character, should have it either.
I'm not saying destroy the move, just make it punishable on whiff or w/e. atm it's too free.

Youtube         Twitch

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:55 pm
Site Admin

y'all....... just shield grab her like are u alright

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
[TSON] wrote:
To be fair, that's only a 50/50 mixup because if the Zelda can shield she could be spot-dodging. You can definitely get pressure against a Farore's whiff but it's hard to get confirmed hits unless you read where she's going.

On the flip side, it's definitely possible to react to the camera movement that occurs before the puff of smoke confirms where Zelda teleported, so the window is slightly larger than what you are attesting to, Jammy.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:18 pm
BR Member

[TSON] wrote:

how? the problem is her getting out of pressure, not her pressuring you.

Youtube         Twitch

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:42 pm
Site Admin

even still. its possible to read that a zelda will upb or usmash oos when pressured the same way you know a zss will usually downb after hitstun ends. play around that. space around or shieldgrab the startup

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:45 pm
BR Member

[TSON] wrote:
even still. its possible to read that a zelda will upb or usmash oos when pressured the same way you know a zss will usually downb after hitstun ends. play around that. space around or shieldgrab the startup

yah I guess. it's still really skewed on risk/reward imo, and you still need fast reactions to be able to punish it.
also how you tryna shieldgrab the startup when they use it in midair dawg?

anyways this topic has probably taken up enough of the thread so I'm gonna stop now.

Youtube         Twitch

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm
Site Admin

u play cf! do uair or nair oos. i think its fast enough, i'm not frame crunching atm tho

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:09 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next