The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:07 pm

[ 618 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia III [Crew vs Space Pirates] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Deep in the reaches of the Galminav sector, a lone space ship glides silently among the stars. If one were to gaze upon the side of this ship, they might be able to decipher the name of this once proud vessel. The letters ANIRACO stand there in a fading red, reminders of a better time. The Aniraco looks abandoned, but somewhere in that pile of metal, life stirs. The crew wakes with no memories, save of their own names. A note is tapped to each of their doors, a simple message typed on it.

“Please make your way to the conference room immediately.”

- The Game Master

Handy resources for players:

Map of the Aniraco:
Gray regions represent living quarters, green regions represent Delivery Nodes.

Assigned living quarters:
- [:] --- Room 11 --- Electrocuted Day 3
- Blitzamirin --- Room 14 --- Dead Night 1
- Fly or Die --- Room 2 --- Dead Night 2
- Tid --- Room 12
- War P. Anda --- Room 10
- Kirby --- Room 8 --- Dead Night 1
- Unknown194 --- Room 7 --- Dead Night 3
- JiP --- Room 13
- nooq --- Room 1
- SomebodyUDon'tKnow --- Room 5
- Shin Akuma --- Room 4 --- Dead Night 2
- Eternal-flo --- Room 9

Ladies and gentlemen, Jason and I humbly present, for your enjoyment, Mafia in SPAAAAAAAAACE! The townies are now crew members. The mafia are space pirates. Everything you thought you knew has changed...

There have been a few adjustments to how the game is played. However, an understanding of how traditional mafia games work is a must. You can visit this link to learn how to play: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf

Consider the following when deciding whether you want to play or not:
- The game will last a long time. A couple months, most likely.
- Inactivity will cause you to be either replaced or killed.

IMPORTANT: Before you are allowed to join, you must post a short description of your character. This is to make sure that you have basic writing skills and won’t get lynched/electrocuted because of poor grammar. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just hair color, what kind of cloths you are wearing and the like. If you do want to go into detail, by all means, go ahead. That will add more depth to the game.

The day phase is just like that of any other mafia game. Any people who have survived the night gather in the conference room and vote on whether they want to lynch, or in this case, electrocute, any one of their fellows. Night is also the same as regular mafia, with the following exceptions:

1. Instead of using your night action, you may chose to visit one of the supply nodes found on the map. There may be a useful item there, a perhaps not-so-useful item, or nothing at all.

2. When performing a night action, you must indicate the path that you will take to reach your destination, as well as how you will travel back to your room, providing you chose not to simply retrace your steps. Corridors will be labeled, so this should be a fairly simple matter. If your particular action does not require that you leave your room, you may skip this step.

ITEMS:

Everyone will start the game with a specific piece of equipment that will give them a special ability. For example, someone may be given a tracking device which they can plant on someone at the day’s end. This person will receive a map of all the places this person went during the night, as well as the times they went to each place.

Throughout the map, you will notice various “Delivery Nodes”. Every night, at least one of these will have an item in it. These items are available to whoever gets there first. A maximum of one item will appear in each node every night. Bear in mind that a node can produce it’s item during any watch.

Here are a few examples of items that might show up:
- Caffeine pill. This will negate any effects that you might suffer from being up later than you should have been. Consume one of these, and you will not appear tired the next day. Limited to one use per pill.
- A lasgun. Allows the user to kill people. Limited to one target per night. Space Pirates are automatically equipped with these. 95% chance of success.
- An all-access security card. Allows a user to enter any room without knocking. Space Pirates are automatically equipped with these.
- A Radio Transmitter. Allows the user to eavesdrop on any one person’s walkie-talkie conversations.

Basically, the tools you find will allow you to gain extra abilities that may not have been available to you at the start of the game.

Other notes:
- This is a no role-reveal setup.
- Random events may occur during the game if we want to shake things up a little.
- This game is played on a map.

Of course, all standard McleodGaming Mafia rules apply. Please, please respect rule eleven. Dead men (or women, nice try) tell no tales.

1.) All votes MUST be bolded. If your vote isn't bolded, it doesn't count. It really isn't that hard. A few keystrokes on your part can save me loads of time and effort trying to pick out all those hard to find non-bold votes.

2.) Absolutely NO EDITING! If you edit three times you're gone. I'll either replace you if there are replacements available or mod kill you if there aren't any. However, edit mod kills will not end the day. It's stupid to punish everyone because of one doofus.

3.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If I find out that something like that is going on, you'll be replaced/modkilled.

4.) No quoting PM's from me, unless you want to be replaced/modkilled.

5.) Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but try to disrupt the game, I'll replace/modkill you.

6.) Once someone is lynched, the game goes into "Night Mode". NO POSTING DURING NIGHT MODE. Once the three watches have ended, Night Mode is finished and the next day begins.

7.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic.

8.) To make the days go by a bit faster, I'm allowing the option to use "concrete" votes. This should only be used if you KNOW you're going to vote for a certain person, since you can't switch your vote afterwards. Once everyone Solidifies, or enough people solidify that it's impossible for one person to survive, then that person will by lynched. If everyone Solidifies their vote, then whoever has the most votes is lynched.

9.) I'm the mod. Respect me and I'll respect you. Whatever I say goes, at least within the threshold of this game.

10.) You can vote no lynch.

11.) If you are dead, you are dead, no posting until the end of the game.

12.) Don't try to find loopholes. Any loophole found or any "You didn't say we couldn't..." can be countered and punished at that same instant. Also actions most of the times are irreversible, so ask in a pm before you act.

13.) No pm revealing to other players. If you see someone pming you his role in someway, or even talking to you when he shouldn't, please post it for everyone's sake.

Oh yeah, remember to obey all of the forum rules. I obviously can't enforce them, but the people who can, can do way meaner stuff than modkill/replace you from a forum game. XP

Feel free to post comments or criticisms of the ruleset and whatnot in the thread during signups. Once the game starts though, please take any of that to PM land.

Win Conditions

Crew: If you are Crew aligned, you win the game when all non Crew aligned players have been eliminated.

Space Pirate: If you are Pirate aligned, you win when it is logically impossible for the pirates to lose any more members. In a game with a lot of killing roles like this, that doesn't necessarily mean that there are more pirates than crew members, though.

Third-Party: If you are third-party aligned, you win depending of your role. Unless specified, third-parties are shown as guilty.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sign-ups are now closed. You may, however, sign up as a replacement.

Current players:
- [:] --- Yomen Indelêa
- Blitzamirin --- Kimiko Harriet
- Fly or Die --- Randal Blidur
- Tid --- Tid
- War P. Anda --- Warpaus August
- Kirby --- Kirby
- Unknown194 --- Nun Wonk
- JiP --- Gione Bluma
- nooq --- intrawl
- SomebodyUDon'tKnow --- Flik Kiln
- Shin Akuma ---Nezbit Johnson
- Eternal-flo --- Elednor

Last edited by Savvy, eh? on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 38 times in total.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Count me in. Character profile is below.

Yomen Indelêa claims to have a slight and faded memory of being the ship’s engineer. A Tall, clean-shaven, short brown haired man. Wears a dark orange pair of cargo pants, a long sleeved, dark brown t-shirt, and a black beret. Has green eyes.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
I'm going to play, because in a week, I'm going to be active again. Character profile:

Randal Blidur woke up in his room with a terrible headache; moreover, he couldn't remember a thing. His brown hair hung around him just past his ear, and he is wearing a short jacket over his shirt and long pants. He couldn't tell you what color they were, though, being completely colorblind.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:58 am

Currently Playing: ssbm, black ops, storm 2 and minecraft
i'm going to play too, i've learned it

edit: damn, i forgot the description.

alright, here it is.

black curly hair, tan skin, red shirt, yellow shoes, jeans.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:41 am
BR Member

All right. [:] and Fly or Die have been added to the list. Kirby, I would like you to use complete sentences in your description, if you would.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Ok.

James Smith went to go home 3 at the night. He was drunk and he was about to get hit by a car. Fourtunately, his bright yellow shoes and his bright red shirt made the car stop a second before he was hit. The next day, he woke up with his green lenses on, with his clothes on (he fell asleep directly when he was on the bed. Also, he had jeans), and had an headache.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
ill join,sounds like a hell lot of fun

Trent Wolf woke up in his room,on the floor.He couldnt remember anything,it looked like he was attacked.Broken mirror,sheets on the floor,items on the floor.he got up and looked in the shattered mirror,seeing a dude in the mirror,hair in his face,deep brown eyes,a normal black tshirt with weird logos on,and jeans with holes and rips on them,and a broken pair of reading glasses on his night stand.Before sitting back down he slipped his dark blue hoodie on.He was eager to find out what happened.

is that good enough?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Fly or Die wrote:
I'm going to play, because in a week, I'm going to be active again. Character profile:

Randal Blidur woke up in his room with a terrible headache; moreover, he couldn't remember a thing. His brown hair hung around him just past his ear, and he is wearing a short jacket over his shirt and long pants. He couldn't tell you what color they were, though, being completely colorblind.

You're mixing tenses there, bud.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:10 pm
BR Member

Darkwolf93 added.

Kirby, your description doesn't really match the game's theme. Did you read the first post?

By the way, [:], would you mind finding an avatar? It helps people recognize your posts.

Velo, are you interested in playing?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Blue. More of a grey, actually. The colour of the roof seemed unimportant immediately after, but upon awakening, it was all Tid was able to focus on. His limbs were locked up and reluctant to move, as if they hadn't done so for quite some time. With enough effort however, the reasonably man was able to power through the pain and rise to his feet, finding himself surrounded with a desk, chair, door, and the bed he had arisen from moments ago. More of interest though was the monitor resting on the desk, hooked up to some unseen machine. It took him barely a second to give it his undivided attention, and just over three to attempt to switch it on.
No luck.
"Building's power could be out, or maybe my room's just been fitted with a faulty monitor.." Was Tid's initial reaction, which led him to the question of:
"Where IS this?"
Rising from the chair he had instinctively lowered himself down to, Tid made his way to the door, only now realising a note had been taped to it. A simple navigation order to the conference room. Despite having no idea where the conference room was, or the identity of the signed 'Game Master', it was the only lead he had, and he stepped out through the door and into the unknown.

Yes, I want to play.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:10 am

Alright, here is a new one with the same name.

James Smith claims to have very bad memory, though he remembers where he was at night atleast. Is a bit cowardly man with a black curly hair. Wears yellow shoes, a shirt that says: ''I'm a Kirby fan'', a red cap, jeans and a black belt.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Brikmaethor wrote:
By the way, [:], would you mind finding an avatar? It helps people recognize your posts.

No, that's no trouble at all. I know excactly what you mean. I'll even get a signature. :3

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 am

Warpaus August had been awake for a while now, apparently contemplating the pen in his hand, an eerie grin on his face. Realizing that this artifact, from back when handwriting was more... commonplace, was probably worth at least two thousand dollars, took him by suprise. Of course, he'd never sell it; no, this was his lucky... thing, from when he was a child. It was rather silly, he decided, but hey, why the heck not? He slowly put it on his desk, before getting into his outfit. A white helmet, two black signal recievers on either side of the head, heavy black upper body armor, white flexible covering of the stomach to increase manuverability, and armored pants, black goggles... if he told you he wasn't dressing up like his favourite (though sadly now extinct) animal on purpose, he'd be lying. He combed his black hair back a bit before stepping out of his quarters, grinning as he said hello to his comrades and went to his early shift.

(bluh bluh too lazy to say much else)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 pm
BR Member

Excellent. Tid and War Panda added.

Kirby, you're on the edge, but I'll add you as well.

[:], that's awesome, thank you.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Yes!

One question: Can you change your name on the description? Just asking.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 pm
 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next