The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
Samus 

Currently Playing: Smash64, Melee, Brawl, PM, SSF2, Soul Calibur 2, Smite
Just saying i love this character but i think Samus might be one of the worst characters in the game. Her short hop limits her too much witch makes land canceling missile a lot harder to do making her camping game and combo game worse. Her up b witch has always been her best out of shield option is now s***. But her down b is surprisingly good controlling space really good, nair out off shield is really good, and you can zair the ledge from on stage making some clutch ledge hogs.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:03 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
As a master shielder ( I boast) even I find it very stressful when Samus is full-on missile offensive. Of course, I have a small advantage because my opponent plays using the arrow keys which is buggy :p, but even as good a shieler I am; the missiles can be a great threat when Used in variability and effeciency.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 am

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Pretty crazy Samus dittos between Traweezie and I.

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
loud4332 wrote:
Just saying i love this character but i think Samus might be one of the worst characters in the game. Her short hop limits her too much witch makes land canceling missile a lot harder to do making her camping game and combo game worse. Her up b witch has always been her best out of shield option is now s#%$&. But her down b is surprisingly good controlling space really good, nair out off shield is really good, and you can zair the ledge from on stage making some clutch ledge hogs.

Her short hop was more made for aerial prowness, not so you could cancel into Missles over and over again. Not to mention her air speed perfectly compliments this pretty well since she has more air control than even Puff.

Downb needs work, ether a hitbox size or priority decrease. Her airspeed should be enough to get her outta juggles and really doesn't need to rely on the downb in that regard. Especially since it blows up everytime someone hits it. It's still handy for people trying toget used to her though, just doesn't need a hitbox the size of Kirby lol.

I think the zair from stage-to-ledge was a glitch. Just run around a bit and FF some zairs near the stairs in Chaos Shrine. You'll see what I mean.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 am

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I think the zair from stage-to-ledge was a glitch. Just run around a bit and FF some zairs near the stairs in Chaos Shrine. You'll see what I mean.

Shh! Don't ruin my secret teleportation skill! :cry:
Also, Zair to the left from the right of the large pillar on Fourside.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:52 am

So I finally got to play a game against an actual person, and I just want to know what adjustments I can make to improve my game some.

I'd also like to note that this was pretty friendly from the start, and after a while I just started farting around.

YouTube Video:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Use Bombs and Z-air more.

Z-air is a really good poke, and can create a solid ledge stall tactic where you repeatedly let go of the ledge and regrab it with Z-air.

Bombs can be used to improve Samus' mobility when there are platforms, and it create a wall between you and the opponent. When you use use bombs right next to a platform (or right under it) you can hold left/right to go much further.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:32 am

I really believe that dspecial needs a nerf. I covers way too much ground and Samus can use it multiple times.
I've seen way too many Samus players that abuse the move like no tomorrow and makes the matchup both slow paced and difficult for characters with short range. The only way to counter it is by running away and just forgeting the idea of going in for some damage. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, she can just go back to firing her missles and Charged Shots.

It wouldn't be so bad, IF YOU COULD ACTUALLY HIT HER.

Samus has undoubtably the best air control in the game, not air speed (though her air speed is quite fast). She can weave in and out much like Puff can but much faster with solidly ranged aerials. Bair and fair being especial threats. With the former having range and kill potential, and the latter being a multihit attack with high prioirty.

With the best air control in the game, Samus can get around opponents with ease and DOESN'T need an abuseable tool like dspecial to cover her.

Still not conviced this is big? Lemme break it down...

Samus has the best air control in the game (I know I've established that like 4+ times already). With that, comes an already fantastic aerial game that's both solid and has combo potential. Now why would she need something that can simply punish opponents for getting past her projectile and aerial game for a hit? Doesn't that seem like a bit much there? No? Well....

The hitbox size is about the same size of Kirby, so imagine having to try to hit a small target that's both hard to hit and fast, that's making bomb Kirby's at the same time... yeah.

So here's my point, nerf it.
There are so many ways to do this: Decrease it's hitbox size, let it act like it does in Brawl, nerf the damage input and combo potential, slow down the rate she can use it, ect.
Or I suppose, you could simply nerf some other things and keep the annoying bombs, Like her super safe recovery.

Now, this is coming from a character like Mario or Kirby that I experience this with. But, most of her moves are super safe anyway.

I'm out, peace.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:50 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
it has six frames of startup

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:26 am
BR Member

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I really believe that dspecial needs a nerf. I covers way too much ground and Samus can use it multiple times.
I've seen way too many Samus players that abuse the move like no tomorrow and makes the matchup both slow paced and difficult for characters with short range. The only way to counter it is by running away and just forgeting the idea of going in for some damage. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, she can just go back to firing her missles and Charged Shots.

D-spec doesn't need a nerf, you just need to space better. The move isn't even that fast and you can perfect shield it.

ZERO_OR wrote:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:55 am

King Zao wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

D-spec doesn't need a nerf, you just need to space better. The move isn't even that fast and you can perfect shield it.

Yes, you can perfect shield it, but a good Samus player will no doubt drop it at point-blank range or above you, not to mention it comes out so fast.
Also; DownSpec → DownAir

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:44 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
MaskofTruth wrote:
King Zao wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Yes, you can perfect shield it, but a good Samus player will no doubt drop it at point-blank range or above you, not to mention it comes out so fast.
Also; DownSpec → DownAir

Its not like the bomb can move, I'm confident that a spam down-b strategy can be beat. Besides, doing this move makes Samus vulnerable in that she can't attack right away, and what's left is for her to go to the air where she becomes a worse character (not air-to-air). Finally, a game needs moves that are superficially strong but by far not the most effective strategies. I'm sure those that played Melee felt more than their share of deaths to a Link spamming up-special. A powerful move in and of itself, but it has major weaknesses that are easily exploited.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:39 pm

King Zao wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

How can you space when it's raining bombs?
And how can you space when she's already back to shooting missles again?

Sure, you CAN shield it. But with the shield mechs, only the smaller characters have an advantage.
Samus has priority too, which is why I was thinking Mario needed some more in his bair like in Brawl.

Do you have any idea how hard it can be to stop and shield in an offensive enviroment? Quite hard actually. I will shield when needed, but most of the time if I try to shield it I just wear down my shield and get hit by the next.

You say it like it's easy... when it isn't....

Starkiller2 wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:
King Zao wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Also; DownSpec → DownAir

Its not like the bomb can move, I'm confident that a spam down-b strategy can be beat. Besides, doing this move makes Samus vulnerable in that she can't attack right away, and what's left is for her to go to the air where she becomes a worse character (not air-to-air). Finally, a game needs moves that are superficially strong but by far not the most effective strategies. I'm sure those that played Melee felt more than their share of deaths to a Link spamming up-special. A powerful move in and of itself, but it has major weaknesses that are easily exploited.

You're kidding right? Samus has one of the best air games..in the game. :colonthree:
Her air control is pretty much the same as Jigglypuff in Melee, only better.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm
BR Member

I main Samus, and I know its easy to get past when you actually space. The only things the bombs do is create a small wall (that can be perfect shielded on anticipation) and allow for movement. You act like this is all Samus has to do to win, when Bombs aren't even broken.

ZERO_OR wrote:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:12 pm

King Zao wrote:
I main Samus, and I know its easy to get past when you actually space. The only things the bombs do is create a small wall (that can be perfect shielded on anticipation) and allow for movement. You act like this is all Samus has to do to win, when Bombs aren't even broken.

No, I'm saying the Bombs are super annoying. I can get around them ALL the time with different characters. Mario and Kirby? Not so much. Really short ranged characters om general can have trouble getting past Samus' projectile game.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:43 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next