The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
Hannibal 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
The show not the movie
Sort of a retelling of the Thomas Harris books, starting before Red Dragon, with plans to go through Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal and then go past them and finish the story.
So anyway this is probably the best ongoing show on TV, depending on how good Fargo season 2 and True Detective season 2 end up being. It's on NBC if anyone wants to try and catch reruns (but I have no idea if they actually do reruns). The show is also incredibly gory if that turns anyone off of it. How the f*** its only TV-14 is beyond me.

AMA

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV

Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:24 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I'm REALLY into it. I was worried at first because it was kinda repetitive and case-of-the-week-ish without adding much unique stuff in each episode, but when the main storylines got going and it got all mind-gamesey it quickly became one of my favourite recent shows. Can't wait for Season 3.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 pm

I dunno if anyone else watches but the show's been back (and canceled) so I'm bumping the topic

That episode moved the plot much quicker than the other episodes this season. That complete and utter BEATDOWN was hard to watch but Hannibal totally had it coming.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:24 am

Really a shame that they canceled the show :( Big dislike and I hope Netflix or some other streaming plattform is going to continue that format!

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:16 am

MAN that ending was tight

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah the finale was the f*** best. It made me even more pissed off that it was canceled. I think until Bryan Fuller actually says it's dead, it can still come back in some way. Considering how the leads have different stuff going on now (Mads is actually doing STAR WARS) that might take a while. No one can take away my dreams

AMA

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Beautiful ending loved it, the ending fight scene was so wonderfully done.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:44 pm

The music was really great in that last scene too, I think it was specifically written for the show which is cool.

So was Bedelia dining on her own leg with 2 other places set at the table meant to signify that Hannibal and Will survived somehow and that they came back for her? Or is she expecting them and doesn't realise they're dead? She had a fork in her hand hidden like a weapon kind of, as if she was waiting to surprise an attacker or something...

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:16 am
Site Moderator

Tid wrote:
The music was really great in that last scene too, I think it was specifically written for the show which is cool.

So was Bedelia dining on her own leg with 2 other places set at the table meant to signify that Hannibal and Will survived somehow and that they came back for her? Or is she expecting them and doesn't realise they're dead? She had a fork in her hand hidden like a weapon kind of, as if she was waiting to surprise an attacker or something...

Yeah it was specifically written for the show and was Siouxsie Sioux's first song in 8 years

I originally interpreted it as Bedelia so brainwashed by Hannibal that she cooked her own leg and expected Hannibal and Will to show up and eat with her, but Bryan Fuller has implied in every interview since the finale that someone did it to her. Either Hannibal and Will or some new characters that would have been introduced in S4, but probably Hannibal and Will.

AMA

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:11 pm
 [ 10 posts ]