The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Isaac 

-CJ- wrote:
I dunno about ya'll, but I'm thinking that until some people start unlocking this guy's potential drastically, he's going to be mid/low tier for a while. He's a zoning character who can fit a lot of playstyles, but no matter what playstyle you have, you're gonna get hurt by anyone with a good projectile and/or reflector. Isaac is a very commital character and once he starts something, there's no good way to back out safely. While almost every one of Isaac's moves has a trap element (as in the opponent will hit you but take damage anyways, think Dtilit, Utilit, Side special, Uair, etc.), he will struggle against every character with many options like Fox, Falco, Zelda, etc. Anyone who can avoid the traps and the molasses in january speed projectiles gets a pretty easy victory. Taking advantage of new players and people who don't have much experience against Isaac will only work for so long.

Absolutely; I've mentioned elsewhere that 2 huge things will hold Isaac back from top tier. Isaac's up tilt is SLOW with little coverage in other directions, making it tough for him to dissuade aerial approaches and abuse platforms. And his UpB has no hitbox with a predictable path, making him easy to edge guard, especially when low. With that being his only recovery option outside of stalling SideB (which can't be a huge liability against certain characters), he's an easy punish.

I see Meta Knight a very bad matchup along with the others as his frame data is superior, he can evade all of Isaac's edge guard tools, and once Isaac is offstage, he loses. Having multiple jumps allows Meta Knight to stall in an awkward place that Isaac can't hit without committing, thus being baited or forced to sit and do nothing.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
I disagree with your opinion.

Not only does Isaac's UpB have a hitbox(the hand) but your implications that MK can avoid all of Isaac's moves is preposterous. MK will have a hard time getting any combos going on Isaac because of UpB, Utilt, Ftilt, and even SideB. All the mentioned moves act independently from Isaac aside from SideB which can wall out MKs who don't DD and bait options.
If you ask me Isaac's worst MUs will be Samus and characters that specialize in combos, such as Falco. The reason Samus will be a problem for Isaac is because of the fact that literally all projectiles are transcendent as of now, meaning the only way to stop projectiles would be to shield, powershield, or take the hit. And with Samus' new buff to her projectile game and super nerf to rushdown, projectile samus will be dominant in this MU.

Falco handles Isaac well too because of the little time that isaac can act between combos and the harassment of lasers.

Now back to tiers; Isaac doesn't have a problem poking platforms with Utilt or SHNair (downB pokes too, but GL landing that). Utilt was made as a combo tool that can trade off people to give you space, not wall people out.
I can agree that UpB is predictable but not as predictable that you make it out to be. you have really 3 options with UpB. Straight in/Up and over/away and back to ledge

While none are amazing, its better than what lloyd has.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:19 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
SideB which can wall out MKs who don't DD and bait options.
How does dash dance beat sideB? I can dash dance grab Isaac in sideB startup, but If I dash dance that close to him I get wrecked by ftilt.
MaskofTruth wrote:
literally all projectiles are transcendent as of now, meaning the only way to stop projectiles would be to shield, powershield, or take the hit.
I have clanked with dtilt (as Marth) against Isaac's sideB, but that isn't a typical projectile.
MaskofTruth wrote:
Isaac doesn't have a problem poking platforms with Utilt or SHNair (downB pokes too, but GL landing that).
We can shield drop now, and those moves are laggy.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
my thoughts on :isaac: is you'll probably use tilts more often further on(his more niche moves i believe :pikachu: ).Try using aired gaia more than grounded gaia see how that works.neutralB would be for reads ,side b probably would be for reads and tech chases.
please comment on my thoughts(at least see what we can stir up for the isaac community)and dont chew my head off pls if you have something to say :ichigo: .just let me know what you think.

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I'd say Neutral B is better as a last resort, because if you start spamming it when it's last lit till death, your opponent will not get hit by it.
Also Isaac's Dtilt is really good..

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:44 pm

MGN Username: MEGA12312
Currently Playing: MH3U SSF2
Waifu: My bed
Up B is really good at stopping combos, since the hitbox still comes out if isaac gets hit.

Wow they actually fixed Ness' throw. kinda

PICHU HYPEexcept not yet /:|

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:17 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Is the funnel of death an infinite on everyone (someone else called it that).

https://giant.gfycat.com/DentalSplendidBluewhale.webm (I tried put this in the Img thing but it wouldn't work for some reason so yeah).

Practicing: :yoshi:

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:00 pm

1; Is *funnel* an infinite on everyone?-- No. It only works on mid weights and heavier, even then only at approx 10-50%. Past 50 it will begin to cause knockdown, where they can tech out.
Certain characters are immune, such as fox.

2; While it does 'chain grab' most characters, its very difficult to begin as the inputs are near frame specific and require you to not only land the first hit, but to instantly start doing the next one. So there is a LOT of commitment to this. This tech is best used to punish moves with long endlag such as tether grabs.

3; Thanks for using my gfy as I am the best gfycat maker.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
MaskofTruth wrote:
1; Is *funnel* an infinite on everyone?-- No. It only works on mid weights and heavier, even then only at approx 10-50%. Past 50 it will begin to cause knockdown, where they can tech out.
Certain characters are immune, such as fox.

2; While it does 'chain grab' most characters, its very difficult to begin as the inputs are near frame specific and require you to not only land the first hit, but to instantly start doing the next one. So there is a LOT of commitment to this. This tech is best used to punish moves with long endlag such as tether grabs.

3; Thanks for using my gfy as I am the best gfycat maker.

Np lol.

Someone re-posted this gif on the dreamland server when we were talking about deadly combos and chain stuff, so I actually copy and paste it from someone who posted it there, but it's cool to know it's yours lol.

Practicing: :yoshi:

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Waifu: Sandbag
Okay, I have never played Issac, what are some good tips.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:17 pm

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
ReallyARandomKid wrote:

dont play him hes annoying

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:42 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
ReallyARandomKid wrote:

don't get hit
Use the Side B often, it's really useful.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 am

Sonario wrote:
ReallyARandomKid wrote:

don't get hit
Use the Side B often, it's really useful.ignore me, I'm dumb

Learn what you can fight against with what tactics. Tilts are amazing,DashJCUsmash goes extremely far. Don't Vine Usmash too often or you're going to get read and punished. Gaia sucks and should only be used for mixups and occasional platform tech->Usmash. SideB is very good, but don't get comfortable using it or you can and will be punished for using it too much. Learn funnel, Dthrow->Uair at 100% on DI out. Utilt combos well and has a tipper hitbox that is bad to use.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:01 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB4 3DS and Wii U, SSBM
Waifu: Zero Suit Samus
5 words. :isaac:

HE NEEDS TO BE BUFFED

Main: :fox: :isaac:

Secondary :falco: :mario: :bomberman: :lloyd:

Trying Out: :yoshi:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:50 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
Yeah, nerfs killed him. #Isaacneedsbuffs

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:18 am
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next