The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:54 pm

[ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
June 6th, 2009 News (Status Update) 

mario bros 64 wrote:
You are all corret. Without a good engine, it will suck. But, without more characters and stuff like that, people will get bored fast. So basically you need a good engine and more new things for a good demo.

Demos are supossed to be demos (a short for demonstration version), and games to be games. Demos show people the progress, how the game will be like, some characters to test it, not like the demos need to have lots of the characters, even because the WILL be on the final release, the game itself.

Of course a game with just some characters is boring, but it ISN'T a game, it is just a demo, and if you think, we have more characters than the first Smash Bros, and the ones we have are enough to test the features and show how the game will be like, THE PURPOSE OF A DEMO.

And it isn't like the one thing you have to do in the life is play the SSF2 DEMO.

EDIT: And Kittenpuncher is right, they're working on the characters even if they don't show, and by what I heard, other devs are learning to program characters too. And anyway, he'll have time to do it after.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Whore-ni wrote:
bowser guy wrote:
ye, the thing is. if most of you guy's keep asking cleod to add thing's other than chars, items, stages etc. He'll never get the game finished. So cleod i advise you to add some actual content to v0.5b and fixing a few glitch's on the way(but usualy my adivice gets ignored).

Bad idea. Just because he's not adding characters doesn't mean he's not working on them.
Also, I'm pretty sure he wants to make a QUALITY game, not a f#%$& of bad content.

so i guess you want the game to take 10 year. alls im saying is that its not worth spending your whole life making a game, a couple of year maybe but where ssf2 is heading its going to be out some time round 2,011. I know your going to disagree because you can't handle the truth, but it's your decission.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Waifu: I'm married
bowser guy wrote:
Whore-ni wrote:
bowser guy wrote:
ye, the thing is. if most of you guy's keep asking cleod to add thing's other than chars, items, stages etc. He'll never get the game finished. So cleod i advise you to add some actual content to v0.5b and fixing a few glitch's on the way(but usualy my adivice gets ignored).

Bad idea. Just because he's not adding characters doesn't mean he's not working on them.
Also, I'm pretty sure he wants to make a QUALITY game, not a f#%$& of bad content.

so i guess you want the game to take 10 year. alls im saying is that its not worth spending your whole life making a game, a couple of year maybe but where ssf2 is heading its going to be out some time round 2,011. I know your going to disagree because you can't handle the truth, but it's your decission.

In all honesty, I don't care at all about this game.
And stop trying to look smart to cover for your lack of intelligent thinking.
Cleod will release this game when it's done, and it'll be done when Cleod thinks it is.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:36 pm
YIM WWW

Whore-ni wrote:
bowser guy wrote:
Whore-ni wrote:
bowser guy wrote:

Cleod will release this game when it's done, and it'll be done when Cleod thinks it is.

is that flaming i see, im going to be the bigger man and end this discussion right here.
So dose adobe use the same action script codes of macromedia

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:40 pm

bowser guy wrote:
Whore-ni wrote:
bowser guy wrote:
Whore-ni wrote:
bowser guy wrote:

is that flaming i see, im going to be the bigger man and end this discussion right here.
So dose adobe use the same action script codes of macromedia

Lol

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
listen, and listen good. a game is nothing but a frozen animation without an engine. on the other hand a crappy engine will make the game even worse. how would you like to jump and land after 4 minutes? yep, thats the engine. We're a supposed smash fangame but our engine doesnt back up that statement at all. Why is runouws engine demo and super nuke bros so much better than us? Our engine is crap compared to theirs. the engine we have now will not live up to all of the unneccessary hype that this game was born with. it's, honestly, i wish i could say this nicer, horrible. it has 60% of the hitlag and hitstun that brawl has. it makes all of the hard work and time spent on this game look pathetic. if we dont get this out of the way now, this game will be more frustrating than trying to play halo blindfolded. its holding this game back from its full potential, and we want to keep our audience and widen our boundaries to reach the competitive smash community at the same time. if you want new characters/stages, shut up and wait. this is top priority.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:48 pm

[TSON] wrote:
listen, and listen good. a game is nothing but a frozen animation without an engine. on the other hand a crappy engine will make the game even worse. how would you like to jump and land after 4 minutes? yep, thats the engine. We're a supposed smash fangame but our engine doesnt back up that statement at all. Why is runouws engine demo and super nuke bros so much better than us? Our engine is crap compared to theirs. the engine we have now will not live up to all of the unneccessary hype that this game was born with. it's, honestly, i wish i could say this nicer, horrible. it has 60% of the hitlag and hitstun that brawl has. it makes all of the hard work and time spent on this game look pathetic. if we dont get this out of the way now, this game will be more frustrating than trying to play halo blindfolded. its holding this game back from its full potential, and we want to keep our audience and widen our boundaries to reach the competitive smash community at the same time. if you want new characters/stages, shut up and wait. this is top priority.

Really? i think the engine is MUCH better than super nuke bros.
dunno about runouws though, never played that.

but ofcourse, the better the engine, the more awesome the game will be!

so i'm awesome Ya hear?

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:52 pm

MGN Username: Suli
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem 1-13, Tales of Xillia/Graces, Smash 4
[TSON] wrote:

Wow [TSON], that's the best I've heard it told in a while.

Yeah guys, listen to that ^.

(and yeah, that is frustrating <.<)

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:53 pm

[TSON] wrote:

TSON MAD! TSON POST ANGRILY!

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:53 pm
YIM WWW

hopefuly it will be better than runouws now, and then we can actually sart making the game

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:59 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Mmk. TSON's post is all we needed, would someone PLEASE lock the topic now?

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
bowser guy wrote:
hopefuly it will be better than runouws now, and then we can actually start making the game

Exactly, Runouw's game will kinda take 2 years to release he's game due that less people work on it. Unless he steals more sprites or any other things from SSF2. :shifty:

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Who cares this game is going to suck anyways.

Runouws > Cleods

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Partenil134 wrote:

Runouws > Cleods

Shut up and get out then, troll. (=

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm

[TSON] wrote:
Partenil134 wrote:

Runouws > Cleods

Shut up and get out then, troll. (=

Lol, have you seen your face!?

You're the epitome of troll.

How about you go put some bengay on your inert balls. If anything an hero.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:38 pm
 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next