The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:22 pm

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Samus 

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Why does her Fair do 24% though

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:35 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Oversight. Her double Fair combo is easy and does roughly 46%.

I think the issue is more that this is one of the few times that all the hits easily set up for the next. It's always done around 22%, but was counter balanced that landing every hit was impractical in official Smash games; up until Smash 4, where all the hits connect easily, but total to 13%.

I would balance it out do 17-18% in this game. Percent output is important to control. Literally could break a character just be doing 1-2% more than needed on a several keys moves.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:40 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Or we can ditch most changes to beta samus, and revert back to her 9b version. That would be great.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:21 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Oh f*** off with your 9b Samus, I don't want that Down Smash.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
I don't want that 9b fair, it's gross.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:45 am

Boy, I can't WAIT until Samus is back to her fun and balanced self like in 9b stares menacingly at random devs

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Why bother making a post in the general forum if you'll just spam here? It's been said enough times that Samus being "balanced" in v0.9b wasn't really a thing because she was pretty close to the bottom all her life. And she's made great gains here due to engine changes/moveset adjustments and a more functional kit with strong burst punishes for poor approaches. She needs some tweaking on glaring offenders (Fair, charge shot), but otherwise she's in much better shape than she's been.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:57 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Why are you guys so triggered about beta samus? Just recognize that changes happen to characters, and that's okay. Adjust the meta to the changes and you're golden.
(insert references to :blackmage: , :link: , :megaman: , and :lloyd: nerfs)

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Ravin_Raven wrote:
Why are you guys so triggered about beta samus? Just recognize that changes happen to characters, and that's okay. Adjust the meta to the changes and you're golden.

Boi Megaman and Link weren't nerfed (except mayyyyybe Gale Boomerang)

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:17 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:

Boi Megaman and Link weren't nerfed (except mayyyyybe Gale Boomerang)

Yeah, I was referring to boomerang. It used to deal damage as it pulled the opponent, and I freaking loved that. It also pulls too fast, so now you can't combo it into Dair as easily.
Megaman was totally nerfed dude! His down-B was replaced with something that gets nerfed every update, and all his other moves were replaced with what the down-B should've covered.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:47 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
I'd say something, but there's characters with their respective threads

I hope Samus just gets her "OPness" fixed

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:32 am

Ravin_Raven wrote:

A point can be made that those characters were nerfed because their ez moves were taken away and made to work for their kills and %%.
The big difference between the Samus changes and those listed above is that samus was made 'stronger' by taking away literally all her competitive technique and handing her back EZBake moves that simply are not balanced or competitively Fair.yeah, bad pun
Samus had a high skill ceiling in 9b, as opposed to Beta where all you do is Fair and charge shot. And just a pet peev of mine, double bomb jumping to recover makes it harder to recover >.>

Manta wrote:
Why bother making a post in the general forum if you'll just spam here? It's been said enough times that Samus being "balanced" in v0.9b wasn't really a thing because she was pretty close to the bottom all her life. And she's made great gains here due to engine changes/moveset adjustments and a more functional kit with strong burst punishes for poor approaches. She needs some tweaking on glaring offenders (Fair, charge shot), but otherwise she's in much better shape than she's been.

I've made about 1 post a week on average about samus here, not exactly spam.
Samus truly was balanced in 9b, she wasn't high tier jank but she wasn't low tier trash like wario. The best part being that you could play 2 different playstyles with her and get relatively the same distance competitively.
Its not engine changes or moveset changes that made her "great" in beta. It was just 1 move. Fair. 9b Fair was bad but it had its really good uses. It appears to me that not enough of you have seen Chaunch or my Samus in action, which would explain why everyone seems to think that Samus had no ability to play in 9b outside of DE's Godly camping.
I do disagree with your point that Beta samus has a better time punishing with her new kit(because lets be legit. Its just Fair.)
9b Samus had
-sourspot Utilt which popped people straight up with a TON of hitstun which carried a combo and had a decent amount of priority. useful for punishing grounded approaches that were obvious af, but required commitment due to the startup.
-Ftilt was extremely ranged with little duration, and if I am perfectly honest it needed the nerf it got in beta. Ftilt could take out anyone from even farther than Marth's Fsmash in 9b
-Morphslide was more useful in 9b because you had better control of it and moved faster
-Bair was to 9b samus as Fair is to beta samus. just without cancer. It was just a really good all-purpose tool that extended her hurtbox if she used it wrong.

In Beta all of samus competitive skills went out the window and now all she has left is a jank Fair, "glitched Charge shot" according to tson. like c'mon fix it. a somewhat stronger Dair with more duration, not like it matters because its still a combo ending move. and a strangely high knockback Nair that can kill pretty good.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:50 am

Oh yeah didn't Link's back throw (which used to kill at freaking 60%) get nerfed to crud?

BTW Happy birthday Masky!

Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 am

>.> how do you know its my birthday

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:31 am

MaskofTruth wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:

A point can be made that those characters were nerfed because their ez moves were taken away and made to work for their kills and %%.
The big difference between the Samus changes and those listed above is that samus was made 'stronger' by taking away literally all her competitive technique and handing her back EZBake moves that simply are not balanced or competitively Fair.yeah, bad pun
Samus had a high skill ceiling in 9b, as opposed to Beta where all you do is Fair and charge shot. And just a pet peev of mine, double bomb jumping to recover makes it harder to recover >.>

Manta wrote:

I've made about 1 post a week on average about samus here, not exactly spam.
Samus truly was balanced in 9b, she wasn't high tier jank but she wasn't low tier trash like wario. The best part being that you could play 2 different playstyles with her and get relatively the same distance competitively.
Its not engine changes or moveset changes that made her "great" in beta. It was just 1 move. Fair. 9b Fair was bad but it had its really good uses. It appears to me that not enough of you have seen Chaunch or my Samus in action, which would explain why everyone seems to think that Samus had no ability to play in 9b outside of DE's Godly camping.
I do disagree with your point that Beta samus has a better time punishing with her new kit(because lets be legit. Its just Fair.)
9b Samus had
-sourspot Utilt which popped people straight up with a TON of hitstun which carried a combo and had a decent amount of priority. useful for punishing grounded approaches that were obvious af, but required commitment due to the startup.
-Ftilt was extremely ranged with little duration, and if I am perfectly honest it needed the nerf it got in beta. Ftilt could take out anyone from even farther than Marth's Fsmash in 9b
-Morphslide was more useful in 9b because you had better control of it and moved faster
-Bair was to 9b samus as Fair is to beta samus. just without cancer. It was just a really good all-purpose tool that extended her hurtbox if she used it wrong.

In Beta all of samus competitive skills went out the window and now all she has left is a jank Fair, "glitched Charge shot" according to tson. like c'mon fix it. a somewhat stronger Dair with more duration, not like it matters because its still a combo ending move. and a strangely high knockback Nair that can kill pretty good.

I meant to suggest that you have a post running on this that you're not responding to, so why waste everyone's time if the discussion comes right back here. It has nothing to do with frequency.

I think you may be missing what I've been getting at. I've been able to see some very successful Samus players who camped and others who were aggressive. Regarding Samus up close, most of her kill options were reads, didn't kill till late, or had no true combos to string into them when they could kill. This was a big struggle for her in addition to relatively slow OoS options. 90% of the time I found myself dying to Jab --> D-smash or a D-smash read at like 130%+. She's a bit faster and with a bit more air control to improve her neutral, and by-and-large she kills earlier (Fair/CS jank aside). And her priority on a few moves seems to have improved, notably Nair, so she can actually do something other than bombs when falling. And projectiles having high priority makes missile cancelling a meaningful thing to do.

All-in-all, whether you think she's "better", more of her tools have increased effectiveness and she feels more responsive. Her Fair/CS should be rightly toned back, but if she saw tweaks to grab speed/grab box size, jab speed/hit stun, that would more than make up for such changes and continue to expand the tools she has under pressure and when applying pressure/reading getups.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:45 am
 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next