The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:51 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 5 posts ] 
[READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING] 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
First and foremost, welcome, to the new and improved Video Gaming section! As you can see, there are various changes that have been made to this section, from topic titles, to the way things are arranged.

Over the past few years, many users have gotten away with things under the radar in this section, causing others to feel left out, or even shunned from discussions. These additional rules are instilled to protect the rights of the user, and from any unjustified verbal abuse. In the end, it's to create a section where everybody can coexist with different opinions in peace.

These additional rules are ones that, ( just like the global rules ) upon breaking are a warn-able offense. Please keep these in mind, the next time you go to create a topic, or post something.

SECTION RULES:

1. Do NOT post a topic without a prefix
( see below for details )
2. If you don't know if a topic has been made previously, use the search engine provided. You MAY bump old topics in this section, for the sake of revitalizing said topic with discussion.
3. You must respect the opinion of any and all individuals. You may disagree, but do not in any way hold your opinion over anyone else's.
4. No "Is this better than this" topics without my permission, simply to avoid clutter. If you truly wish to create the topic, you may ask me in a private message.
5. Do not create a topic just for a poll. Ask the Original Poster
( the person who created the topic where your poll would be most relevant ) to put it up in said topic, or a private message.

All Global Rules still apply here as well, though certain ones will be more expressed in this section than outside it.

2. No hateful messages directed at any user.
4. Spam will not be tolerated. This section gets cluttered as it is.
13. You must use the spoiler system. If any spoiler
( as I deem them to be ) is posted without the tag, it will result in a warning. Spoilers look like this.
Code:
[spoiler]Spoilers look like this.[/spoiler]

28. Please, do not backseat mod. If you find something someone said offensive, or breaks the rule in any way, don't be afraid to use the report system.

That being said, I'm sure you've noticed the new topic layout. This is purely for organizational purposes. You simply tack on the prefix before the official title of the game.

Bad -> LBP2
Bad -> [PS3] LBP2

Good -> [PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

List of prefixes: show
These are the main prefixes to use before topics discussing games:

[U] = Nintendo Wii U
[PS4] = Playstation 4
[Wii] = Nintendo Wii
[3DS] = Nintendo 3DS
[PS3] = Playstation 3
[360] = Xbox 360
[MP] = Multi-platform
[GC] = Gamecube
[PS2] = Playstation 2
[XBX] = Xbox
[DS] = Nintendo DS
[PSP] = Playstation Portable
[PSV] = Playstation Vita
[N64] = Nintendo 64
[RET] = Retro (anything before the 64/PS1 era)
[GBA] = Game Boy Advance
[GBC] = Game Boy Color
[MOB] = Android/iPhone or Other Mobile Games

The Console Prefix would be used in a topic discussing a console. i.e: [C] Nintendo Wii U. The prefix, and it's official name afterward.
[C] = Console

The PC Prefix would be used in a topic discussing a PC game
[PC] = Computer Game

All of these rules should be taken at face value, because they are under a zero tolerance policy. No exception, if you break one of the rules, you will be warned.

Because this forum is for your enjoyment, if you feel a rule should be added, or that an existing rule should be tweaked, just send me a private message containing your opinion, and we will consider it together. The section below will be for documenting the amendments made to the rules of the section.

Thank you, and please enjoy Console Gaming 2012.
---

Documented Amendments:

April 8, 2012 - The Question Prefix "[Q]"
August 1, 2012 - Nintendo Wii U Prefix "[U]"

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm
Site Admin

The Question Prefix has been added, at user request.

Quote:
The Question Prefix should only be used if you have a problem regarding a piece of hardware, or something to that degree. i.e [Q] Controller Problems (Wii Nunchuk)

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 pm
Site Admin

...New rule.

If you want to make a [G] topic, please send me a PM asking for permission before hand. The [G] Topics are getting out of hand.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm
Site Admin

Nintendo Wii U Prefix added "[U]"

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:07 pm
Site Admin

Going to be getting rid of this rule. It served it's purpose for me, but now I find it to be tacky and annoying. I'll be updating and cleaning up this section to accommodate the new upcoming games subforum.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:57 pm
 [ 5 posts ]