The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:25 am

[ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
The Line of War. (Full version) 
Site Moderator

Tekun drew his blade and slashed the air and raised it, bring it to his face, as if to strech his arm about. "No one will stand in my way, human or nobody. I will accomplish what I set out to do." He said to himself, audible enough for both his opponent and him to hear. He quickly sized his opponent up before, he never liked to attack first, but he was obligated to this time.

"Let's see whose blade strikes truer." Tekun said to her and began his charge with blade in hand.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:54 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
===Tekun===
HP 115/115
MP 24/24

The woman sighed, calmly flipping her hair from her visible eye. "If you try to cut down everyone in your way, you will be struck down yourself." She murmured the... Apparent words of wisdom, unsheathing her blade rather slowly for one that was being charged at. "You wish to save your home world, Elibe, but impatience won't just get you killed..." Her eye moved from him to the other two Keyblade Wielders. "It will mean the death of you all." Both hands held tightly on her blade, she held it out in front of her in a rather common stance, the tip of the blade held at eye height as the hilt was at her waist. "Strike, and see how far you have come."

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:18 pm
Site Moderator

Tekun stopped dead in his tracks. Apparently, his origins were not as much of a secret as he had hoped. He lowered his blade. Her stance was generic, too generic, she was hiding something. "I won't strike down all who stand before me. It's been two months since I left. As I wait, there's a chance i've lost a friend. They could all be dead by now. Even now I must be paitent, but paintence runs thin as does hope." Tekun stopped. He reflected on all that had occured up to this point. "Your not who I thought you were. Are you?"

They come for me...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 pm
Legendary Ghost

===Tekun===

"Must you insult me even further?" The woman asked, her face completely neutral. Her sword jerked up, now inches away from her face as one of her hands slipped from the hilt to rest against the blade, while blue energy surged into her blade, steadily building up. That lasted only a few moments, before she swung the sword down with all her might, sending a wave of the energy rushing towards Tekun.

It was almost impossible to see it coming, the attack had been executed flawlessly in mere moments. The energy crashed into Tekun with surprising force, coming from the rather petite and nimble looking woman. Luckily, the wave was dull, and it didn't cut him, only causing superficial damage, but still dealing 28 points of damage. "If you focus on the person behind the sword, you'll find that the sword will cut you."

HP 87/115
MP 24/24

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:57 pm
Site Moderator

Tekun stood still and tried to bare the wave as best as he could, he did not fall but reaced being pulled back slightly. He was sore from the attack, he did not see it coming, nor was he prepared for such a sudden strike. He felt blood run from his nose.

"I wasn't focused. Period." Tekun replied. "Your attack was flawless, in every aspect. You're not the guardian."

He stood still not even bothering to so much as wipe the blood from his face.

"This fight I cannot win." Tekun said. "However, I will try putting up a fight."

Tekun went in for an attack, suddenly charging at the women in front of him and swung. He doubted if it would even connect. It was only curtosey to continue, despite the expected outcome.

They come for me...

The mages...

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:37 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Niniva
Her eyes honed in on the guards. The pigmentation, the stalwart demeanor. Something was in inherently odd about them indeed. Her grip upon her weapon tightened just as her curiosity began to peak. It was her duty to assist him, and if he just so happened to need it right this moment it would be on her to do so. Otherwise she could consider it a failure on her part, something she couldn't allow without at least giving it her best shot. Already this seemed beyond her to accomplish. She had none of her own gear, she couldn't rely on prior abilities, and her partner ran off. No teamwork really to speak of.
With a sigh, perhaps knowing indeed this seemed all too dangerous; Niniva with soft steps, proceed forward. listening for any indication of the situation. Moving in slowly so, keeping herself aware, her senses sharp. This was her duty, her initiative, she had to do it no matter what she herself thought.

Althea
(-Roll FF9 Battle music-)
Althea grimaced to the sight before her. And he spoke to me of running the gun? she thought to herself jokingly, grasping tightly upon her swords handle. If this woman was indeed not the intended target, then she could only ascertain that the burly man with her was the intended target. With a clash of metal Althea pulled out her blood from its sheath, holding it with both hands in front of her, she would then leap forward into the area of battle quite far behind Tekun who had moved in for an attack, faintly glancing behind her for Kevin. Whether or not he assisted was up to him, she knew they weren't to die this day, defeat or not. Her red strands rolling down the side of her cheek as she looked back at Kevin. "If you seek to assist me, help me take down the large man, he's the intended target, this woman is not" With a jerk she faced forward yet again, preparing herself. Tekun's engaged to an unintended target..if they don't disengage, i may end up having to take him down alone.. she shut her eyes reflecting upon this fact. So be it.. She dashed forward, the light of the room shimmering off her pieces of armor; Chest plate, pauldron, her gauntlets and her choker. Her white long coat trailing in the whiplash behind her as she sprinted towards the larger man. "You're the one we're here for" She remarked firmly, red ponytail flailing behind her as she charged the bulky man. If Kevin can come up behind him as i take his front..or if Tekun would re-focus himself.. we may be able to pull this off..

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:32 pm
Site Moderator

=== Niniva ===

As Nini approached the gate, a guard noticed her small figure. She looked like about the size of a puppy to him from the tall height. He signaled for another man to open the doors. Slowly, they slid open with a deafening crash. Inside was a bustling metropolis, Nobodies scurrying and scampering from place to place. Apparently, there were no screams because this was one of their main outposts. A small tinge of anger rose up inside of Nini. The man could have easily told her that this was their rest stop, but he failed to do so. He either assumed she already knew or didn't care to inform her.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Amexa looked, left and right. Not much anywhere, but she had to go somewhere. For some reason, she felt tense, there was something going on that her body was warning her about. At that moment, she could have sworn that she heard the grunts and noises of battle in an imperceptible direction. It didn't matter anyway, she did an unconscious one-sided rock-paper-scissors between both sides of her instincts, and went West. Her hunch was, that the dark cloud over the East was trouble.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:17 pm
Site Admin

"Thank you for your help" said Sylvia politely while getting up from the chair. She stretched, and massaged her back removing a crick she felt in her neck that had formed from hunching over to watch the computer screen. She left the room waving to the woman whom she forgot to ask her name, her guard trailing behind her, she looked over her shoulder, "Why was he always so quiet?" she thought to herself. Her footsteps echoed loudly in the corridors and she walked down the hall that lead to the throne room where she hoped she would find his majesty King Mickey. She wasn't worried about meeting the king he was always so friendly and she had met him previously, it was something all the keyblade wielders had to do in the academy. She couldn't wait to meet her aunts, she hadn't spent time with them in so long, and she had finally (somewhat) completed the goal they wanted of her. She was an official keyblade wielder. It wasn't too long until she was standing in front of the large decorated doors to the throne room, she wasn't exactly sure if she could just barge in or not. "Er...do I need some sort of announcer?" she asked her guard.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:20 pm
Legendary Ghost

===Tekun===
The woman let out a heavy sigh. "Do your best, huh?" She asked, watching the blade travel towards her. "You've already made multiple horrible decisions today, enough to kill your entire team more than once." Her sword came up to block the attack, but her physical strength was not enough compared to the man, causing the swing to connect with her skin, dealing 7 points of damage. "You won't even be a match for the Heartless in Twilight Town." She stated calmly, raising her sword high above her head. Energy circled around it violently, accompanied by a loud buzzing sound, before focusing the energy into the tip as she swung it down, the attack contacting with Tekun's shoulder, forcing him onto his knees at it produced 86 points of damage. "You spoke to Sora about power in numbers, but your first act was to split up and fight different opponents. You have no power whatsoever. Perhaps you should study the ants that surpass you in your 'strength in numbers'."

HP 1/115
MP 24/24

===Althea===

A soft smirk danced upon the man's lips as he moved out of his sitting position slowly, easily towering over Althea, looking intimidating even in the relaxed stance he had adapted, hands crossed at his waist. "Determined, aren't you?" He asked, before shaking his head. "It seems that Sora was correct about you, your group wouldn't stand a chance in real combat." His left hand reached up to massage his shoulder. "Allow me to introduce myself... I am Sabin Rene Figaro." The man had always found it normal to introduce himself before a fight, he just found it polite. "You are Althea Weston, right? Good luck to you." His hands reached behind his back, retrieving a pair of plain, brass knuckles which he quickly donned. "You may begin."

Enemy encountered : Sabin Figaro.
Level : 1
HP : 126/126
MP : 24/24
STR 10
AGI 3
INT 2
VIT 126,678
LUK 1

Versus

Althea Weston
Class: Paladin[Justice]
HP : 130/130
MP : 26/26
STR 7
AGI 5
INT 3
VIT 130,478
LUK 0

Sabin defaults the first action to Althea!

===Sylvia===

The woman gave a warm nod as she watched the girl depart, before shaking her head. "I wonder why she has such a fascination with Keyblades..." The scientist turned, pondering it for a few moments, before deciding that it was probably just a childhood dream, and returning to her tests.

The guard blinked, seeming to think about it for a while. He had never known the King to be one for formalities, and he usually spent his free time walking the castle grounds, making conversation with any he came across like an equal. But since the worlds started to move into a line, the King found himself confined to his throne room more and more, discussing strategies or listening to requests from allied worlds. "Normally, people just knock, and if the door opens, that means the King has time for you." The guard informed her, moving to stand besides the door. "I will stand watch here, Miss Sylvia!"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:56 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
Kevin was half hoping it wouldn't come to this, him having to actually fight. Everyone was already engaged in combat but him, so it'd look sort of bad if he didn't take action. He glanced over at the tall man and women fighting as he heard Althea say, "If you seek to assist me, help me take down the large man, he's the intended target, this woman is not". Understanding this, he nodded blankly. I could help her just by fighting head on...or ambush him while he's distracted.He thought, gripping his dagger, knowing he'd use it soon. He watched the man wield a pair of brass knuckles and decided that his strength was too much, and edged around them slowly, hoping to ambush.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 pm
Site Moderator

Tekun lay there on his knees, he barely could move, yet he mustered the strength to get up, only to fall down to one knee, holding himself up on his sword. He was breathing heavily. She was strong. Too strong for him. It was clear to Tekun he had lost his own touch, two months of no combat had lead him to make some faulty decisions. He knew full well why he was defeated so brutaly.

"I'm sorry." Tekun said audible enough for both his opponent and him to hear. "I've disgraced myself and insulted you." He made an attempt to get up again but found he couldn't so much as move. "Hardly my best." Tekun muttered to himself. "Ahhh..Echidna would have my head for such a screw up." He coughed and found he was coughing blood. He was hurt far worse then he thought he was. There was no way to continue. He closed his eyes. "I jumped to a conclusion and acted on it. Like you said, if this was a real battle, I'd be dead and my team may very well be too." He made another attempt to get up but found he had no strength. "If you feel this should continue, then do what you will. But, I think it's clear we both no the conclusion. Since my body doesn't want to work." He said, he couldn't call this a battle, this was hardly even a conflict. Too one sided.

They come for me...

The mages...

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:09 pm
Legendary Ghost

Niniva
With a grimace across her face she proceeded towards the opened gates. Placing her dagger back into its sheath, losing her combative stance. The cur couldve told me we were at an outpost.. with an empty fist tight at her side. Niniva stepped through the gates into the large scale outpost. Suppose i need to find where ever he went to now.. she thought to herself in angst. Zipping up the front of her robe so as to cover up to just below her chest. Hands pulling the hood just atop her head and none further. At least she'd generally blend in. Her garments underneath were suited for free balanced agility during combat, not casual wear. "Now where could he have gone.." she stated to herself barely above a whisper.

Althea
She halted her sprint but a few meters away from the large man. "Determination.. is not tactical error" She responded to him calmly in a tone thick with her iron will, orange-red hairs strewn across her cheeks, ponytail limp along her back. "I am indeed Althea Weston, Former Valkyrie Knight, and I've no intention to falter" Her gauntleted fingers tightened upon her sword. She could not look behind her, not now. But only hoped Kevin took the initiative. "Abalia, guide him" she pondered, placing her faith into Kevin's ambush. A brief silence had overtaken her and her opponent; and then, with sudden resolve, Althea dashed forward towards Sabin, quickly closing the gap between them, swinging her sword diagonally at his chest, with a battle cry of knightly fortitude.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:38 pm
Legendary Ghost

===Tekun===

The woman had the most lifeless face to ever get spotted on the battlefield, no smirk or grimace daring to show through her cold demeanor. "It seems you have learned your lesson, and I see no reason to delay you any further." She swung her blade, cleaning it from any dirt and blood that it had come across, before sheathing it. Magical energy made it's presence known rather suddenly in the form of a gust of wind blowing the woman's hair around. "Join your allies and show me what you can do." She commanded, extending her hand towards Tekun, orbs of white light floating from her fingertips into the man's form, revitalizing him in mere moments.

HP 115/115
MP 24/24

The fight has ended.

===Althea & Kevin===

Sabin had been too focused on the woman to notice the shifty movements of the other Keyblade Wielder, raising his hands protectively as he hopped from one leg to other, dancing around to make his opponent unsure of his next move. When the blow came, he simply raised his arm, using the brass knuckles to catch the blow with ease. His unoccupied, right hand took this opportunity to attack the woman's gut, landing a precise blow onto her side, dealing 12 points of damage. "You cannot beat me like this." It didn't sound like a smug or overconfident statement... But one proven as fact. And it was fact, because Sabin had a 50% chance to block all incoming physical attacks from his front. Of course, this came at the expense that he completely lost his damage reduction, leaving his back as the only weak point he had. The man didn't participate in trash talking, and made no attempt to discourage his opponent, instead patiently waiting for the next attack.

Sabin
HP : 126/126
MP : 24/24

Althea
HP : 118/130
MP : 26/26

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:16 pm
Legendary Ghost

Althea
She grunted as she took the fist to her gut, just beneath her chestplate. She could see so far that he was well and more than able to fight face to face. Lowering the chances of a successful frontal assault. It was at this time she realized especially the necessity of teamwork. She could attempt to swipe at his sides or back, but felt she would be better able to simply keep his attention towards his front. Even if it meant she'd get roughed up quite a bit. Sometimes battle strategy calls for the endurance of pain.. something she suited herself well for in years passed. Something she would do, even now. Straightening herself out after the punch, she took small leap backwards form her opponent. Her determined demeanor never faded. Though her stomach area was now faintly bruised, the brass knuckles enhanced the ferocity of that precision attack. It was in this short moment a memory of her training passed through her mind.

Althea, aged 16. Garnered in nothing more than white cloth wrappings secure over her chest, forearms, crotch and mid-legs. An oak stick crafted in the shape of a sword tightly held in her right hand. Hunched over, battered and bruised. Using the make-shift weapon to keep her on her feet, the 'point' of her weapon pressed into the mat she stood upon. Blood dripping from her lower lip. Surrounding her, stood other females dressed in the same garb, all wielding the same sword-esque oak stick, her training associates. Four in all, and every single one gripped their weapon in an offensive stance. Silence oppressed the area, only broken by the sounds of pained breathing. "yaah!" Bellowed a sparring partner from her right as she swung the weapon towards Althea in a graceful whisk, met with her target's pained but agile parry, the wood clashing against one another in a loud impact. Then, a flurry of swipes from the other three associates. Wood slamming against flesh.

Tactical endurance.. i must endure.. she recalled within her mind, the endless lectures and teachings. "We'll see about that.." she replied with eyes closed, without arrogance or contempt. This was her strategy, this is what it took.. knowing full well the probability of a counter, Althea lunged forward again, spinning on heel and swiping her blade towards her target's mid-leg section. Hair flowing across her alabaster cheeks, coat trailing against her figure with her sudden movement. Eyes open, expressing that will of iron to press forward.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next