The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:33 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Super Smash Flash, How it Got your Attention 

Hello all, after playing SSF2 for the first time in a while after today, I felt like sharing my story and hearing your guy's stories too.

Super Smash Flash 1, I remember seeing it in 2006 on Newgrounds with my brother. My brother didn't pay all too much mind to it when he saw it on the front page, but I managed to get him to click it for my childhood memories of Super Smash Bros. 64. 13 different characters on screen to choose from, with 10 unlock-ables. My brother still didn't seem too sure about this, so he exited out of the tab and went back to browsing. I felt really interested! However I never had permission from my parents at 7 years old to browse the internet, much less Newgrounds. So I decided waited for the time to come for me to be old enough to explore the internet to play that game. It might've played out like that too...

That is if Smash Flash didn't hit the front page like a ton of bricks.

The sudden popularity spike got my brother's interest a few days later. He decided to actually play it, and let me watch! It took a good two days to get all the characters, but the roster was enough to keep my entertained. Seeing a Sonic OC beat the crap out of Captain Falcon was very enthralling to me at the time. My brother played the game until he lost interest. Unfortunately for him, 7 year old me didn't. After begging and begging, he let me play the game but only on one condition: I have to play against him.

"Challenge excepted!" My kid mind thought.

So I picked blade for most of it, and he picked pretty much everyone else. Surprisingly I beat him almost every single time! (Though due to the game's system and not to my own skill reflecting back on it...)

So after beating him more times than I can care to remember, my thirst for the game was quenched.

So that's my story about Super Smash Flash. How did you guys learn about this game?

(This is also my first Forum Post on this website (or any others for that matter). If I did anything that would violate the rules of the forum, please tell me and I'll be sure to correct myself in the future).

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB4 3DS and Wii U, SSBM
Waifu: Zero Suit Samus
How i discovered Super Smash Flash 1,

So. I was A big Fan of Mario games and Luigi too i was 5 ( 2009 )( btw ssf1 was the first smash and flash game I've played) :huh: I clicked it, at first I was like "?? Uhh okay seems acceptable i clicked melee! Then I heard it "Melee!" Then I saw. M megaman! !! F.. :fox: ! Wait there's :fox: in this
Then I clicked it i chose the Hylian Skies against my Rival And hatred sonic ( i still have him )
Then I played :0 that was so fun!! Then it turned 10 time for bed i was so into that game i had to get off the computer i couldn't even eat Mac & Cheese i was that into it and I played ever since Until I got Melee Brawl and Smash 4 ( I still play it every one in a while )

So yeah that's my story :pikachu: :megaman: :kirby: :fox: :sonic: :tails: :samus: :mario: :link: :zelda:

Edited a year later: Damn, i had some s*** grammar.

Main: :fox: :isaac:

Secondary :falco: :mario: :bomberman: :lloyd:

Trying Out: :yoshi:

Last edited by SnowyYh on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Back in first grade in my teacher gave every student time to play on the computer, maybe for about 10/15 mins at a time. One time I was browsing y8.com (If you remember this site you're an OG), and I kept looking over Mario games. Eventually I found Super Smash Flash. And ohhhhmmyyygoodddd I was sooooo hyped to play it. But I couldn't figure out the controls until I showed my brother. We figured out how to play and we had soo much fun using Megaman and Mario.. I eventually got bored of the game but I found SSF2 when it was in v0.5 and I also went crazy. In this game we could grab ledges, characters and we had a full moveset.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Found ssf1 on newgrounds while searching for some mario flashes.
played it for hours.
got bored.
left.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:58 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Winter 2010. SSF2 was still in development and I didn’t know yet. I was poking around YouTube and found SSF1 videos, but i didn’t know i could just play it in the browser...

Fast forward to 2011 or 2012 i think and I play this game and I think “wow! This is awesome!” and I unlocked everything and later discovered the glitches. I also discovered SSF2 when poking around the wiki.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:55 am

MGN Username: WilE04
Currently Playing: A lot of games
Waifu: King Dedede
My brother was showing me some flash games on dan-dare.org and he asked which one I should play with him and I saw a Smash game. One of my brother’s friends brought Melee over once and I absolutely loved it. We decided to play Super Smash Flash. My mind was blown when I saw characters like Sonic, Tails, and Megaman who at the time I hadn’t even heard of. We played a lot, then a few years later, I was just browsing some flash game sites because I was bored, then I found a sequel to SSF. It was 0.9a of SSF2. I tried it out and I loved it. Then my brother showed me 0.9b. That’s when I REALLY started loving SSF2.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
My first encounter with the original Super Smash Flash isn't as interesting as my first encounter with Super Smash Flash 2. I simply stumbled upon it on Newgrounds, perhaps because I was looking fro Smash Bros. content on the site, I really can't remember how it happened exactly.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:34 pm
 [ 7 posts ]