The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I still don't like the blocking idea. You're interfering with the central tactics of some characters in a very significant way.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:26 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
I just wanted the walk/dash of the v0.9b Apex build... IT WAS SO CUTE HAVING CHIBI HOLDING HIS PLUG ON HIS HEAD!!! WHY NO ONE PUTS IT AGAIN ON THE GAME???

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Gregory Goku wrote:
I just wanted the walk/dash of the v0.9b Apex build... IT WAS SO CUTE HAVING CHIBI HOLDING HIS PLUG ON HIS HEAD!!! WHY NO ONE PUTS IT AGAIN ON THE GAME???

^This. Also a Dash Dancing Telly is just hilarious.

Moer stuff noone cares for:

Dash Attack Jab resets. Dunno how many people knew this, but its a thing. Might be useful when Lazor for Jab Reset would put the foe out of reach.

FSmash beats any of :zerosuitsamus: Whip Attacks (FSmash, Side B, Nair, Up B). This means taht you actually have someting to work with aainst her otherwise superior spacing and makes the MU a tad easier.

EDIT time: THis is propably just placebo, but I got the feeling that Chibi Coper goes higher if you hit someone with it. Can someone (de)confirm this?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Some times I wonder how I stomach playing this character. Dies early, sub-par combo ability, unreliable kill moves, and a lot of other bad things. Ugh. Down spec is basically useless outside of certain scenarios (and even then it's glitched as f%k). Neutral special can be used for edge guards, but that's about it. The stun is to little to really capitalize off of and it has way to much start up lag. And that's another thing... All of his moves have a good deal of start-up lag. I hate when my moves get canceled because I hit the ground before they come out. It leaves me feeling cheesed out. Anyway... Here's some ideas I had for buffs...

-Less lag on neutral special and more hit stun. To balance it out you can remove the spammability. Spamming wouldn't be needed if I could actually capitalize off the hit stun.
-Give D-air a bigger hit box.
-Give f-tilt less end lag so you can combo into it (or make it a kill move).
-Just replace his dash attack with something better. Maybe he lungs his spoon forward?
-Give d-tilt a larger hit box.
-Make tooth brush cancel-able.
-Less lag on u-air, but at the cost of some kill power.
-Make Chibi copter go higher.
-Make d-smash a better kill move (or give it a tad bit more range).
-Make f-smash eat shields.
-Remove Wario.

All of these should help to improve Chibi's game play.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:40 pm
BR Member

Nice list, although I feel that a huge disjoint (FSmash) should not eat shields,leave that to FTilt. The few kill moves you have (UAir/Bair, USmash, Nair and BThrow at hiiiiigh %) are actually pretty reliable and can be comboed into. For UAir and Bair sou have a small window where DThriw/Uthrow can link into UAir/Bair if you read DI and a DJ, UTilt running of platform is guaranteed. USmash can be setup by Lazor using it to Jab reset or like a poor mans Falco Brawl Lazor setup. Nair is yojr nest approach tool (mayve even your best move) and BThrow is good for mixups if they are above 160% and expectthe standart UThrow/Bthrow.

Random stuff: 3rd ht of Nair (the second front hit) is awesome imo. Decent KB, terrible angle, disjoint and quite fast as well. Anyone else notuced that? Using an early Nair to get the 3rd hit is a decent kill option if anything else fails, and its also good for gimps, better than Bair/Dair. Thoughts?

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:19 am

Cookies wrote:
Nice list, although I feel that a huge disjoint (FSmash) should not eat shields,leave that to FTilt. The few kill moves you have (UAir/Bair, USmash, Nair and BThrow at hiiiiigh %) are actually pretty reliable and can be comboed into. For UAir and Bair sou have a small window where DThriw/Uthrow can link into UAir/Bair if you read DI and a DJ, UTilt running of platform is guaranteed. USmash can be setup by Lazor using it to Jab reset or like a poor mans Falco Brawl Lazor setup. Nair is yojr nest approach tool (mayve even your best move) and BThrow is good for mixups if they are above 160% and expectthe standart UThrow/Bthrow.

Random stuff: 3rd ht of Nair (the second front hit) is awesome imo. Decent KB, terrible angle, disjoint and quite fast as well. Anyone else notuced that? Using an early Nair to get the 3rd hit is a decent kill option if anything else fails, and its also good for gimps, better than Bair/Dair. Thoughts?

The problem with grab into U-air or B-air is the fact that most people just dj or throw out a move due to the lag. F-air and N-air are usually better options (IMO). I also notice that about Chibi-s N-air. I cheese out a lot of wins that way. The problem is that I never seem to land the part of the move. Also, I kind of want N-air to have better range so that I can reliably approach with it. And I think we already discussed Chibi having a Z-air.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:01 am
BR Member

It is your job to punish the DJ, Chibi can do that in most cases. And Ive never come across my opponent hitting me before I can punish unless its really low damage, the hitstun is more than enoguh otherwise. Fair only works if you read them DIing to your front, and Nair only really connects/is useful at lower damage. Bair and UAir are a bit harder to get, but significantly more rewarding if you need the kill, Nair usually does more damage tho.

Nair already is a longranged disjoint, its one of our best moves because of that and our best approach tool and a good one too. There is no need to further buff its range imo. You just have to Nair extremely early in order to get the last hit, its easy once you get used to it.

When did I mention a Zair?

When I typed in "poor mans Falco Brawl lahor", I had this idea... How about giving Chibi Falcos Brawl Lazor? Makes it much more useful for camping.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 am

Cookies wrote:
It is your job to punish the DJ, Chibi can do that in most cases. And Ive never come across my opponent hitting me before I can punish unless its really low damage, the hitstun is more than enoguh otherwise. Fair only works if you read them DIing to your front, and Nair only really connects/is useful at lower damage. Bair and UAir are a bit harder to get, but significantly more rewarding if you need the kill, Nair usually does more damage tho.

Nair already is a longranged disjoint, its one of our best moves because of that and our best approach tool and a good one too. There is no need to further buff its range imo. You just have to Nair extremely early in order to get the last hit, its easy once you get used to it.

When did I mention a Zair?

When I typed in "poor mans Falco Brawl lahor", I had this idea... How about giving Chibi Falcos Brawl Lazor? Makes it much more useful for camping.

We already talked about Z-air in a previous discussion about potential Chibi's buffs. I think there one the last couple of pages before this one.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:04 pm
BR Member

Thats not what Imeant... You just threw in a potential Zair (which I approve btw, check my wishlist) without any context. Then again, good to see someone else post here :)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Cookies wrote:
Thats not what Imeant... You just threw in a potential Zair (which I approve btw, check my wishlist) without any context. Then again, good to see someone else post here :)

Ah. Alright. My fault.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:32 pm
BR Member

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Cookies wrote:

Ah. Alright. My fault.

We all make mistakes... *cough* me playing Smash 4 *cough*

Did anyone else notice Jab Cancel in this game? You know, Jab1, crouching, Jab1 again... Dunno how useful this might be for Chibi since I almost never use his Jab. Thoughts?

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 am

Cookies wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Cookies wrote:

Ah. Alright. My fault.

We all make mistakes... *cough* me playing Smash 4 *cough*

Did anyone else notice Jab Cancel in this game? You know, Jab1, crouching, Jab1 again... Dunno how useful this might be for Chibi since I almost never use his Jab. Thoughts?

No. Not really. I did notice how fast jab is though. I usually use it to put my opponents off their game. Like when a Fox is running at me and I just throw out the first hit of jab. People seem to get mystified and I capitalize on this with an f-tilt, grab, or f-air.

Last edited by 0_ZeroSuitUser_0 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:05 am
BR Member

Jab cancelling is insane with Falcon, but not really for other characters. As Falcon after around 50% you can just jab people across the stage into a combo option of your choice.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:07 am

How do you guys feel about Yoshi vs Chibi and Sora vs Chibi?

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:37 am
BR Member

From my experience as a Yoshi player, you don't want to play against Yoshi as Chibi. You get rekt in combos because DJ uair chains, fair, ftilt, and utilt will destroy you, but Yoshi doesn't have any problems killing you with dsmash or fsmash, negating his main weakness. Yoshi can get around Chibi's disjoints, and is too floaty to reliably combo into uair to kill.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:25 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 28  Next